Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Questions about the 1963 Yakimienko expedition and photos

(1/3) > >>

Manti:
https://dyatlovpass.com/gallery-yakimenko-1963

--- Code: ---In August 1963, on that pass on Kholat Syakhl mountain, a group led by Valentin Yakimienko set a memorial plaque saying:

"In memory of those who left and did not return, we name this pass after the Dyatlov group"
--- End code ---
And looking at those photos, I have many questions...

Photo #1:
This is above the treeline. Is this on Kholat Syakhl? If so, look at that slope behind them. Who said it's not avalanche prone?

And then the weird photos:

Photo #73:

Is that a sled they found? And the hide of a bear cub?

Photo #74:
Mansi skis they found? And you can see the hide on the left

Photo #77:
Yuri Yudin with some skis. Surely they didn't take skis with them in August, also these look like hand crafted skis. Did they find all of this stuff in the forest?

Photo #82:
What is it that they are inspecting here? Some sort of fabric?
Photo #63:

And finally, is this a partially burnt log they found? The far end seems sawn.

Bonus picture:

No questions about this one.  grin1 

Ziljoe:
Hi Manti.

I'm confused with this group of photos. What's the context? Although the steepness of the hillside is interesting .

Manti:
Well the context is that it's the same area, and even though they went there to install a plaque to commemorate the Dyatlov Group, they apparently also did their own mini investigation, went into the forest, climbed the cedar, but also found all these strange items.

And I wonder what these items are. It paints a slightly different picture of the Dyatlov Pass area than what I previously had in mind, less desolate. Or perhaps this is all just 4 year old trash from the searchers? The skis don't look like western / Russian skis but also look different to the skis the Mansi had who took part in the search... And I didn't think the natives would litter their own forest like that but then who are these items left behind by?

Ziljoe:
I hadn't come across these photos Manti and a wasn't aware of the the mini investigation. I agree with why leave stuff lying around. . Is there a link to this mini investigation?

Ziljoe:
Sorry, found the link bang1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version