Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Rempel.

(1/5) > >>

ElizabethHarris:
Rempel., is the very last word in Zina's diary, at the very end of the book and unassociated with any other entry. I think it was the second to last page of her diary. The hunter "Rempel" was also mentioned in one of the hikers' diaries (Dyatlov?) as someone they spoke with and spent a small amount of time with before they set off for Otorten. Could she have recognized Rempel as someone who appeared at the tent that night and quickly scratched his name into a random page of her diary before the 9 were forced from the tent? Maybe this was the final clue. She wrote his name in case something happened to them. I don't think much is known about this hunter, only that he was questioned peripherally. Any more information about this out there?

Teddy:

--- Quote from: ElizabethHarris on January 21, 2022, 08:29:55 AM ---Rempel., is the very last word in Zina's diary, at the very end of the book

--- End quote ---
It's not the last word but at the back of the notebook. These are two different things.

https://dyatlovpass.com/whois#rempel

https://dyatlovpass.com/vizhay#rempel

The Dyatlov group was staying at Vizhay, but they were not wasting time. They consulted with Ivan Rempel, a forest officer of the Vizhay forestry, who helped them reconfirm their route, copy the lay-out of the forest plot along their route, and mark up the boundaries of the planted forest.
Ivan Dmitrievich Rempel (53) was convicted in 1937, and since then had lived in Vizhay. At first, he served his time at the labor camp and after the end of his term stayed back at the local forestry.
Rempel warned the group of the perils of the route, particularly the heavy winds at the Ural Ridge, but the hikers did not take his warnings seriously. They were looking forward to the evening entertainment –the famous Symphonie in Gold (1956) movie at the local club, followed by a night at the Vizhay hotel.

ElizabethHarris:
I finished the book (the Death of 9...can't remember the author) and it was his summation that the Rempel. entry was the second to last page of her diary with blank pages before it and 1 after, suggesting that this was the 'last' entry but since we have no idea when it was written, then of course we can't make the conclusion it was the last thing written by Zina, but simply one word on the last of her pages. Big difference, yes. thank you for that clarification. I wonder why Rempel served in a labor camp? I know very little about Russian history but it's my guess that we can't conclude he was a potential suspect based on a stay in a Stalin-era internment camp. LOVED seeing you on Expedition Unknown BTW. Cheers!

Teddy:
Thank you. I was innocent back then, didn't have a theory. Now that I do, it is all so real and painful. Before it was a fiction, something that couldn't have happened. Now I feel the weight on top of me.
It is very common for the people that remain to live and work in the area that have had a sentence. At the time you didn't have to be a criminal to get sentenced. Boris Vozrozhdenniy, the coroner, had a sentence. So did the nurse in the morgue Pelageya Solter. You may be also interested in reading p.8 of Yudin's diary.

I will announce next week a podcast I will be live on the anniversary of the tragedy and I will be asking for questions I can address in the show. I have never thought beforehand what to say since I expect the host to guide me and the result is total loss of any control over the conversation. I am going to try something different. Gather questions beforehand. What do you think?

Perplexe:
personnellement je me tiens prêt à vous envoyer quelques questions murement réfléchies si vous les accepter de ma part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version