Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Obscure description of the damaged ski pole - can anyone clarify?

(1/14) > >>

ikemitsu:
Lebedev's witness testimony (sheet 315) of the damaged ski pole found in the tent is pretty obscure in English. Can anyone give a better translation from Russian? I'm referring to this single sentence: "In the tent we found a ski stick from which the upper end was cut along the neat end cut and another incision was made." In Russian I think it's "В палатке мы обнаружили лыжную палку от которой был отрезан верхний конец по аккуратному концевому надрезу и еще один надрез был сделан." In different sources the pole is sometimes said to be cut into pieces even, but I can't quite believe that. Perhaps the ski pole was just broken while in use, like the strap getting loose, and one of the tourists had started to fix it. Nothing mysterious there. Is Lebedev the only source?

Loose}{Cannon:
Welp,. it was outside of the tent and it was purposely broken to make an anchoring point for TWO corners of the tent.    See below

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-362-369?rbid=17743

--- Quote ---On top of all things lay a ski pole cut into several pieces, on which, apparently, the northern end of the tent was stretched. Render a ski pole unusable, especially when the group didn't have a spare, is possible only under special circumstances.
--- End quote ---

This is the infamous "tactical tripod" that acording to the Ball Lightening theory was used to...... capture images that dont exist.    nea1

WAB:

--- Quote from: ikemitsu on November 24, 2018, 09:48:26 AM ---Lebedev's witness testimony (sheet 315) of the damaged ski pole found in the tent is pretty obscure in English. Can anyone give a better translation from Russian? I'm referring to this single sentence: "In the tent we found a ski stick from which the upper end was cut along the neat end cut and another incision was made." In Russian I think it's "В палатке мы обнаружили лыжную палку от которой был отрезан верхний конец по аккуратному концевому надрезу и еще один надрез был сделан." In different sources the pole is sometimes said to be cut into pieces even, but I can't quite believe that. Perhaps the ski pole was just broken while in use, like the strap getting loose, and one of the tourists had started to fix it. Nothing mysterious there. Is Lebedev the only source?

--- End quote ---

If you not against I will try to explain it.
1.Anybody from travellers of such level would not began to cut a ski stick in the travel middle under no circumstances. Because then was very big probability of its preschedule end. There were attempts of repair of such sticks, but they were unsuccessful in their big part. It from practice of the same travel to Russia for many tens years.
2.I so think that participants of search in an error have accepted a stick which was inserted into a backpack contour for a piece of a ski stick. At that time in the USSR there was in the use a backpack of a design of climber Vitaly Abalakov. Here it is in photos:

Kind from outer side

Kind from a back
For this purpose that a backpack would be to bear more conveniently, under straps did an insert in the form of a short stick (~ 40 … 50 sm or 15 … 20 inches). It is how it is visible on bottom to a photo.

It was necessary to put a stick under special loops from a tape (as there is a red line) which have been sewn to a backpack (it there is a usual design of a backpack by Abalakov) and to lift backpack straps over this stick (as it is drawn in the form of yellow arrows).
All participants of Dyatlov group had backpacks of design by Abalakov.
These sticks cut out from usual dry trees and they looked like, which was very similar to a material from ski sticks. Not all participants of searches knew it. Most possibly this reception was used by Simeon Zolotaryov who was the guide and knew it because worked in mountains of Altay earlier.

I cannot write here often but if it is necessary, I can explain later, but in more details as such design from the point of view of mechanics worked.

WAB:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on November 24, 2018, 11:10:26 AM ---........................
This is the infamous "tactical tripod" that acording to the Ball Lightening theory was used to...... capture images that dont exist.    nea1

--- End quote ---

You speak not about that subject.
ikemitsu asked about a ski stick which has been found inside. Please attentively read the reference which has resulted ikemitsu.

Loose}{Cannon:
Oh it was on topic alright.

You dont break a ski-pole for a pack brace..... there are plenty of sticks in the woods for that. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version