April 18, 2024, 01:57:08 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Searched?  (Read 3756 times)

June 07, 2023, 04:13:48 AM
Read 3756 times

amashilu

Global Moderator
https://dyatlovpass.com/natalya-saharova-KP?rbid=18461

At the above link -- definitely worth reading -- there is a wrap-up section near the end called SO WHAT HAPPENED THERE?. I am struck by how closely this doctor and forensic expert's conclusions align with our forum's murder speculations. But in this post, I want to focus on one intriguing detail -- she noted that all their pockets were unbuttoned and their jackets unzipped; she says this indicates they were all searched. IF this were true, what might the searchers have been looking for?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 08:00:23 AM by amashilu »

The following users thanked this post: anna_pycckux

June 07, 2023, 05:51:42 AM
Reply #1

anna_pycckux

According to my version, denunciations were written to the group that they were spies and wanted to escape to the West (according to Yu. Yudina). KGB officers or the military could look for route maps, an escape plan to the west, documents from UPI with secret developments or something else on this topic as evidence of an impending escape.But apparently they found only a comb with broken teeth, a change of money, a box of matches.. and nothing more..

June 07, 2023, 06:36:38 AM
Reply #2

Ziljoe

https://dyatlovpass.com/natalya-saharova-KP?rbid=18461

At the above link -- definitely worth reading -- there is a wrap-up section near the end called SO WHAT HAPPENED THERE?. I am struck by how this doctor and forensic expert's conclusions align with our forum's murder speculations. But in this post, I want to focus on one intriguing detail -- she noted that all their pockets were unbuttoned and their jackets unzipped; she says this indicates they were all searched. IF this were true, what might the searchers have been looking for?

I had wondered about the various unbuttoned jackets etc. A couple of thoughts. The hikers may have unbuttoned their own jacket pockets for example to retrieve matches etc. And never bothered to rebutton them. Also the searchers may have go e through what they could at the location , just to find any clues or documentation? . By the time they got to the autopsy or properly searched and documented no one was asked if anyone had Intially searched the bodies?

The following users thanked this post: Олег Таймень, Partorg

June 07, 2023, 02:28:44 PM
Reply #3

Manti

In the winter my jacket's pockets will be unbuttoned because my hands are cold and keeping them in the pockets helps.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba, Dimitris68, eurocentric

June 08, 2023, 01:57:15 AM
Reply #4

eurocentric

In the winter my jacket's pockets will be unbuttoned because my hands are cold and keeping them in the pockets helps.

Boom.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

June 09, 2023, 12:08:32 PM
Reply #5

Ehtnisba

Same, plus it is horrible to unbutton them if wearing gloves, removing gloves and dealing with metal button zipper numbs fingers and make them limp. But I wonder what has been unzipped? Pockets or the front jacket zipper. I don't know why I have remembered it as unzipped jackets which is not done in the cold. Other oddity is why the gloves of some of them were in a pocket, when you need them on your hands, and those were gloves of some the rav4 who are supposedly dug a den , and died the last. Only reason to take out my gloves in minus temperature is to use a lighter, matches, phone. Why they are in a pocket (forgot who exactly was) and if for leather shoes is explainable why you gonna not bother putting them on, I can't find a reason why all of them will go out by their own choice without gloves while hands are the easiest, fastest victims in the cold and you need them.
Homo homini lupus est!

June 09, 2023, 03:55:06 PM
Reply #6

Manti

Just playing devil's advocate here but maybe their gloves were off because they eventually started getting frostbite on their fingers, even with gloves on, and in that case you want to check what is going on with your fingers, why they went numb, maybe try to warm them up with the air you exhale.

This doesn't explain unbuttoned jackets.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

June 09, 2023, 05:57:27 PM
Reply #7

Ehtnisba

Just playing devil's advocate here but maybe their gloves were off because they eventually started getting frostbite on their fingers, even with gloves on, and in that case you want to check what is going on with your fingers, why they went numb, maybe try to warm them up with the air you exhale.

This doesn't explain unbuttoned jackets.

Jackets are problematic. Removing gloves when your fingers are numb is clever. The glove if with fingers does not allow to warm your fingers in a fist or in your inner clothes next to the body. The problem is that only Zolo or Nikolai were having them. Meaning others left tent not taking any. Here I can't think of a reason if not made to do so. For shoes and outer jackets it is easy - those are wet and frozen for leather shoes and jackets were laid for flooring , and also could be wet. In cold you avoid wet clothes as plague. But wet gloves is something I would take. It is easy to dry on fire, easy to use two layers knitted as first , wetted leather or polyester ones on top. Also have noticed that if wet but woolen a glove still warms if you move and tends to dry . Only not moving / walking had been a problem with a wet glove, that is predominantly wet inside from your hands, quite unusual to wet them from outside if the snow is not melting and you don't bild a snowman with it.
Opposing the general opinion of undressing I find their clothes exactly the right amount and layering if something happens at night and you need to go out not having time to defrost /dry shoes and outer jackets. Only Dyatlov is very lightly dressed with just vest on top of shirt. All others have layered what would be dry and useful after day of skiing in snow. But why leave the gloves when they can't become unusable .....
To play a bit too, I tend to unzip my jacket if I walk (uphill), even modern ones that "breath" start suffocating and sweating you when you put effort and they have put a lot. Maybe not fully unzipped, but from the neck to middle chest. This is not specified. Tibo and Zolo are the ones with jackets, in the pictures of them taken out of the ravine they looked unzipped from the neck, but for sure not fully open.. So... What happened between them being found and the morgue. Same for the gloves, don't remember them among inventory of the tent. What if they have been taken before the autopsies seen as useless things for the dead ... So many options, endless😵😵😵
Homo homini lupus est!

June 12, 2023, 02:57:18 PM
Reply #8

Ziljoe

I would suspect less finger dexterity, the longer they were exposed to the cold. If they were moving , cutting trees, building dens and swapping / cutting clothes. Then it would just become unimportant to spend time trying to rebutton pockets, plus maybe they couldn't. Also it might be easier to slip hands under the armpits with open jackets.

There is debate on the ravine 4 that they were using the jackets as blankets but I don't think there is firm evidence for this other than speculation from the photos.

I would suspect, considering they talk about one of the having a pen and note pad in their hands that the pockets would have been looked at when first found. I also believe that they considered doing an autopsy at the pass itself but the expert scientist said it would be no use as they were frozen.

Probably a combination of all we have suggested.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba, Manti, Partorg