March 28, 2024, 08:36:39 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: That "Killer Yeti" frame #17 photo  (Read 19497 times)

January 08, 2019, 04:56:11 PM
Read 19497 times

Tracker

At first I was thinking it's definitely not a photo of a Menk. Here's the odd thing about it. The subject does not appear to be wearing a baggy jacket. You can see separation of arm's and a portly torso outline. Were any of the group that size in the torso? What about 38 yr old Zolotaryov?

They all look small frame and lean in the pictures even with layered clothes. I know the height of that figure is hard to determine. With that said I use to climb mountains and hike for days and the figure in the frame #17 does not look like a trim cross country skier/hiker.

I also add a picture of a print from the scene that looks kinda big for a person.

problems with salvage title
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:45:28 PM by Tracker »
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the truth." Arthur Conan Doyle

January 09, 2019, 12:07:21 AM
Reply #1

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
At first I was thinking it's definitely not a photo of a Menk. Here's the odd thing about it. The subject does not appear to be wearing a baggy jacket. You can see separation of arm's and a portly torso outline. Were any of the group that size in the torso? What about 38 yr old Zolotaryov?

They all look small frame and lean in the pictures even with layered clothes. I know the height of that figure is hard to determine. With that said I use to climb mountains and hike for days and the figure in the frame #17 does not look like a trim cross country skier/hiker.

I also add a picture of a print from the scene that looks kinda big for a person.

problems with salvage title

What are the typical body proportions for a yeti or big foot? Arm length to body length?  Could base calculations on the pattinson footage maybe assuming that is supposed to be credible ?  Can then compare body and arm length ratio for shot 17. Probably worth a try.  It’s what I would do. Obviously if the ratio is significantly different to average human then there might be something in it?

January 09, 2019, 11:00:13 AM
Reply #2

sarapuk

From what I gather of the multitude of sightings of Big Foot type creatures over the years it seems that between 7 and 9  feet in height is about right.  And long arms. And no neck to speak of. So the figure in the photo could be at least 7 feet tall and it does have long arms and no neck to speak of.
DB

January 09, 2019, 12:12:46 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Its called a hooded coat. 

The knee area that tapers to leggings is the giveaway there.

In order

All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

January 09, 2019, 05:19:43 PM
Reply #4

Tracker

Their jackets don't seem to be tight fitting. So unless the guys wearing 6 wooly sweaters, he is very stocky. Did any of the 9 have a heavy build? They all seem very trim in the pictures. Which is what you would expect for long distance skier/hikers.

Also you can't use the 57-60% arm length to body proportions rule because the figures both arms are bent.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the truth." Arthur Conan Doyle

January 09, 2019, 05:58:32 PM
Reply #5

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Their jackets don't seem to be tight fitting. So unless the guys wearing 6 wooly sweaters, he is very stocky. Did any of the 9 have a heavy build? They all seem very trim in the pictures. Which is what you would expect for long distance skier/hikers.

Also you can't use the 57-60% arm length to body proportions rule because the figures both arms are bent.

Since when does Yeti where leggings?

January 09, 2019, 05:59:52 PM
Reply #6

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

January 09, 2019, 07:18:05 PM
Reply #7

Tracker

Far left is your Yeti

Not a match. The figure is not wearing that jacket other wise it would be tapered at waist, neck and flared out at hip as illustrated. And is much heavier built or wearing extra clothes.

January 09, 2019, 07:33:05 PM
Reply #8

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Am I expected to believe 'anything' can be discerned for an extremely fuzzy/grainy/blurry black/white photo from 1959? 

Again....   why is Yeti wearing leggings?

January 10, 2019, 01:33:07 AM
Reply #9

Tracker

Am I expected to believe 'anything' can be discerned for an extremely fuzzy/grainy/blurry black/white photo from 1959? 

First of all I never said it was a Yeti. I mentioned a few times the figure seems heavy built for a skier. And asked a few times if any of the 9 were stocky built. And  if the fuzzy/griany/blurry/black/white photo from 1959 is so bad then you can't confirm its wearing leggings either. From the lower knees down the figure is standing in snow.

Again... "that figure" is Not wearing a 3/4 length baggy army style jacket and appears too heavy built for a lean skier/hiker.
Perhaps some think they know the case so well that there's no other possibilities. Could be why the case remains unsolved?

January 10, 2019, 08:03:59 AM
Reply #10

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

Perhaps some think they know the case so well that there's no other possibilities. Could be why the case remains unsolved?

Its called keeping it real.  Dont patronize the staff. 

On the contrary, I know all too well the possibilities are abundant. Perhaps thats why I also know this photo is nothing new.  I would also be a rich man if I had a dollar for every time someone newly 'discovers' this photo as Yeti OR any other individual not part of the Dyatlov group. 

January 10, 2019, 09:55:49 AM
Reply #11

Tracker

On the contrary, I know all too well the possibilities are abundant. Perhaps thats why I also know this photo is nothing new.  I would also be a rich man if I had a dollar for every time someone newly 'discovers' this photo as Yeti OR any other individual not part of the Dyatlov group.

Understood and members don't appreciate being patronized by staff either.  Not very acceptable mod  behavior unless you're purposely trying to run members off who don't agree with the status quo on theories.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:26:07 AM by Tracker »

January 10, 2019, 11:28:14 AM
Reply #12

Kopyrda

Believers don't need any evidence or reason, they will just desperately hold to any "evidence" they see, no matter how little probable it is. Blurry photo of a guy in obviously two coloured clothes? "Yeti". Humorous mention in a satirical "newspaper" written by tourists? "Another proof of yeti". Hell, they can even have magical powers of mind speak (seriously, this is what Tracker wrote in another post).
Well, if I was one of the students who thought he had seen, and even photographed, a yeti, I sure as hell would be running with the tail between my legs all the way back to Sverdlovsk  grin1
They just continued they journey, brave bastards. Or maybe they had been some proto-Greenpeace activits who believed in good intentions of yetis  lol1 "Don't hurt us, oh noble beast, for we come in peace"!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:12:51 PM by Kopyrda »

January 10, 2019, 12:05:38 PM
Reply #13

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

Understood and members don't appreciate being patronized by staff either.  Not very acceptable mod  behavior unless you're purposely trying to run members off who don't agree with the status quo on theories.

Ever hear the term... "your treading on thin ice", or "stop poking the bear with a stick"?   

You clearly started this fiasco as quoted above. 

January 10, 2019, 01:06:08 PM
Reply #14

sarapuk

I know that Forensics these days can do wonders even with old blurry photos, problem is we dont actually have the original negative to hand.
DB

January 18, 2019, 06:22:11 AM
Reply #15

Tracker

Ever hear the term... "your treading on thin ice", or "stop poking the bear with a stick"?   

You clearly started this fiasco as quoted above.

Point taken point made. Not a fiasco, an attempt to have an open discussion in an open forum of that infamous picture evidence.

January 18, 2019, 06:36:59 AM
Reply #16

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The main issue is, there was several days between when this picture was taken and the night they died. Being stalked by a giant hairy animal would have resulted in many pages of panicked diary entries.   But nooooo.....  not a peep.

January 18, 2019, 08:50:25 AM
Reply #17

Tracker

The main issue is, there was several days between when this picture was taken and the night they died. Being stalked by a giant hairy animal would have resulted in many pages of panicked diary entries.   But nooooo.....  not a peep.
The figure is not a Yeti but is heavier than what one might expect for a cross country skier. They might not of understood what was occurring related to Yeti watching them.

January 18, 2019, 09:12:52 AM
Reply #18

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
heavier than what one might expect for a cross country skier.

Its winter.  In winter people (including the DP group) usually dress appropriately.

They might not of understood what was occurring related to Yeti watching them.

So your saying the picture is not of Yeti because Yeti may have not been present or otherwise hiding. Therefore this image is of someone else stalking them. 

Ill state it again but word it correctly this time. 

The main issue is, there was several days between when this picture was taken and the night they died. Being stalked by a heavyset stranger would have resulted in many pages of panicked diary entries.   But nooooo.....  not a peep.

January 31, 2019, 03:45:19 PM
Reply #19

sug2h

Far left is your Yeti

I don't think it's this guy, because the jacket is tighter at the waist.

I'm thinking more about Thibeaux-Brignolle, his jacket is different, and the overall shape is very similar to the guy in frame 17:

February 01, 2019, 09:15:44 AM
Reply #20

Kopyrda

Indeed, this photo of "yeti" suggests that the colour of trousers was slightly different than this of jacket.

February 01, 2019, 10:38:31 AM
Reply #21

Nigel Evans

A question for menk/Bigfoot fans.

If they had concerns in this direction why would they leave so much food in a labaz?

February 01, 2019, 02:04:05 PM
Reply #22

sarapuk

heavier than what one might expect for a cross country skier.

Its winter.  In winter people (including the DP group) usually dress appropriately.

They might not of understood what was occurring related to Yeti watching them.

So your saying the picture is not of Yeti because Yeti may have not been present or otherwise hiding. Therefore this image is of someone else stalking them. 

Ill state it again but word it correctly this time. 

The main issue is, there was several days between when this picture was taken and the night they died. Being stalked by a heavyset stranger would have resulted in many pages of panicked diary entries.   But nooooo.....  not a peep.

Thats true we would expect to see plenty of references in the diary's or notes made if they had have been stalked by some creature / person, but thats assuming of course that they knew that they were being stalked. And also we have to assume that no notes or diary entries went missing.
DB

February 01, 2019, 02:06:56 PM
Reply #23

sarapuk

A question for menk/Bigfoot fans.

If they had concerns in this direction why would they leave so much food in a labaz?

A good question but lets not forget that most expeditions tend to have food and provisions at depots en route.
DB

February 01, 2019, 10:41:16 PM
Reply #24

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
but thats assuming of course that they knew that they were being stalked.

Exactly....  if that picture was yeti or something/someone else that was stalking them. Its evidence they knew about it.  But the picture is debunked purely on the fact that AFTER said picture was taken...... no panicked diary entries.    thumb1

March 28, 2019, 11:30:28 AM
Reply #25

Nordlander

I know the photo is generally thought to be Tibo taking a pee, but I'm not entirely convinced. Reasons:

--doesn't look like a hood in the picture. Looks like a ski mask
--as already noted, Tibo wasn't as stocky or short-waisted as this guy
--the Dyatlov crew are excellent photographers. This picture is out of focus, as though someone snapped it quickly to catch someone unexpected.
--the figure itself looks startled, as though he didn't want to be captured on film.

I don't believe in Menk/Bigfoot: where I am from, sightings are almost always bear. Bear can walk on their hind legs for a short time and also use their paws as arms in certain circumstances.

It's true that there are no mentions of being followed in the diary. But I thought this picture was at the end of a roll, and maybe if they DID see this person and initially thought he was a Menk, that's where the "snowman" comment comes from in "The Evening Otorten." They just laughed it off.

April 24, 2019, 12:07:57 PM
Reply #26

sarapuk

but thats assuming of course that they knew that they were being stalked.

Exactly....  if that picture was yeti or something/someone else that was stalking them. Its evidence they knew about it.  But the picture is debunked purely on the fact that AFTER said picture was taken...... no panicked diary entries.    thumb1

But we dont know the exact time that the said photo was taken  !  ?  And can we be sure that no other paperwork or Diary entries went MISSING  !  ?  And what about other FILM that may have gone MISSING  !  ?
DB

April 27, 2019, 05:58:58 AM
Reply #27

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Of course we know when it was taken...  right after the others I posted.    wink1

April 29, 2019, 09:57:28 AM
Reply #28

sarapuk

Of course we know when it was taken...  right after the others I posted.    wink1

And !  ?  A time please as in  16.00 hours or whatever.
DB

April 29, 2019, 07:12:21 PM
Reply #29

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Ya got me ...   'must' be a yeti put on earth by aliens.