March 19, 2024, 04:14:45 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Items found around the tent / cedar  (Read 8102 times)

January 12, 2021, 01:43:34 PM
Read 8102 times

Manti

Cuff of a grey sweater next to the fire. Has the cuffless sweater been found? I couldn't find anything about it but maybe I missed something.

Broken piece of a ski 20m from the tent. This is mentioned in Maslennikov's diary. Has a ski with a missing bit been found?

Sneakers near the tent. As far as I can tell, these remained unclaimed by any of the hikers' relatives or friends. And why would someone take sneakers on a ski hike?

January 12, 2021, 07:22:55 PM
Reply #1

mk

Have no answers, but have wondered about these things myself.  thumb1

January 13, 2021, 12:14:34 PM
Reply #2

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Cuff of a grey sweater next to the fire. Has the cuffless sweater been found? I couldn't find anything about it but maybe I missed something.

Broken piece of a ski 20m from the tent. This is mentioned in Maslennikov's diary. Has a ski with a missing bit been found?

Sneakers near the tent. As far as I can tell, these remained unclaimed by any of the hikers' relatives or friends. And why would someone take sneakers on a ski hike?

Well a lot of things were found by the searchers and presumably kept by the Authorities somewhere. But then some things appear to dissapear.
DB

February 15, 2021, 09:04:57 PM
Reply #3

KFinn

I believe the sweater was Zina's.  In her autopsy report it is noted "she had two hats, long sleeve undershirt, sweater, checkered shirt and another sweater with torn cuff of the right sleeve."
-Ren

March 01, 2021, 10:24:04 PM
Reply #4

Crazy Horse

[/quote]
Why??? I often carry a pair of canvas loafers in my backpack. They allow me to take off my heavy hiking boots at the end of the day and still be able to move around the tent/campsite other than barefooted. I wouldn't go with sneakers though... laces are a pain.
The simplest explanation is usually correct while possibilities and probabilities are two different things.

March 02, 2021, 07:30:13 AM
Reply #5

KFinn

Why??? I often carry a pair of canvas loafers in my backpack. They allow me to take off my heavy hiking boots at the end of the day and still be able to move around the tent/campsite other than barefooted. I wouldn't go with sneakers though... laces are a pain.
[/quote]

Around the campsite, the group used valenki, a felted style of boot kind if similar to Uggs.
-Ren