Factual Information > Video / Photography

The Cedar Then/Now

(1/8) > >>

Loose}{Cannon:
Figured the interest was there for this to be posted.  I have on file a few pics of the cedar as seen in recent years.  Please pay attention to the reference circles I applied in red.  It has not been cut down.  thumb1

Please see here for the Case file on the scene.
http://forum.dyatlov-pass.com/index.php?topic=56.0

Misc broken branches.... some seemingly pretty old judging by the amount of bark grown around the base.

CalzagheChick:
It absolutely blows my mind how much that tree has grown in 60 years! It's definitely the same tree, but it's gained anywhere from 33-50% its original size.

Do you think after all these years there is ANY forensic evidence left on the tree? It's more a question for my morbid curiosity as I don't know at this point if I will ever make it to Kholat Sykhl in my lifetime. I'm poor.

sarapuk:
Forensic evidence left on the tree, thats a good question. There may have been originally, that is at the time of the event. But after so long, WATER would surely have destroyed any evidence on the tree.

sarapuk:
Forensic evidence left on the tree, thats a good question. There may have been originally, that is at the time of the event. But after so long, WATER would surely have destroyed any evidence on the tree.

Tuffknorf:
Those are several thick broken branches. One could have been broken accidentaly but serveral no. Someone deliberately broke those off.
Gather firewood? Tho they had an ax at the tent. Cracked ribs becouse of falling?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version