April 28, 2024, 10:16:12 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Mansi question
« Last post by amashilu on Today at 09:33:03 AM »
Yes, maybe. That is certainly one possibility.
General Discussion / Re: Tent
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:54:30 AM »
I missed a couple of things. It is reported that the tent was torn and a pin was holding part of the tent together when first found , also it was torn in places but it was unknown if it was the first two searches that tore it, there was a clear even cut on one side that looked like it had been done with a knife.

I log of wood was found in the snow next to the tent at the rear end. ( I totally missed that).
General Discussion / Re: Mansi question
« Last post by Axelrod on Today at 08:27:21 AM »
If the Mansi had found the corpses earlier than Sharavin and Koptelov, they would have reported it.
But the Mansi reported only about the traces of skis that they saw from the Auspiya side.
General Discussion / Mansi question
« Last post by amashilu on Today at 05:56:35 AM »
The DP9 died at the beginning of February, but their bodies were not found for almost a month (temporarily excluding the possibility that the case began on February 6, as some paperwork seems to indicate).

Mansi people lived in this area and were certainly more familiar with it than any of the Russian visitors, the way we are all familiar with our own neighborhoods; for instance, I have read that the cedar area was a resting place for Mansi hunters.

During the month that the bodies were not found, is it likely that one or more of the Mansi at least saw them? If so, what would that Mansi have done? Maybe nothing, just gone home and talked about it. Or maybe have moved the bodies in an attempt to respect and care for them? The two under the cedar do look as if they have been moved and positioned.

This question is likely not "important" in helping solve anything, but I have long wondered about it.
« Last post by anna_pycckux on Today at 04:05:24 AM »
You don't have to read Anna. Read sheet 49 of the Criminal Case, the testimony of forester Pashin. Draw your own conclusions..
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 12:19:55 AM »
Everyone and Teddy: Please if anyone could clarify what did Lyuda meant (copied and paste) in the Unknown Diary, Lyuda stated there are some many holes in the tent...and what I'm talking about is "Cuts" of the Tent and the "Holes" in the tent???

From the testimony of forester Pashin, see case sheet 49, from the interrogation of forester Pashin, it can be concluded that the tent was not cut on February 24 because there were things inside, but he does not say that everything inside is covered with snow. The tent was later cut down by M. Sharavin. The forester did not see any traces of Dyatlov's group, although the forester is a professional in detecting human or animal tracks. In the photo: the tent is not covered with snow, but scattered with a shovel. Conclusion: tourists did not cut the tent themselves, did not run out into the cold naked. This is exactly what the forgers convince us of.

I read a bit differently Anna.

Pashin did not find the tent, others in his group did later on the 27th of February. Pashin did find a number of traces of both the hikers and Mansi ski trails along with two campsites. One campsite was an earlier campsite of the hikers and another of Mansi and elks/moose which he assumed was after the hikers campsite because the Mansi traces were fresher than the hikers campsite. (So there people there after the hikers in a radius of at least 10km .)

The hikers trail to the final campsite on 1079 was blown by snow and wind, there was no traces of hikers , outsiders or Mansi on 1079, only the mixed foot prints leading away from the tent to the ceder/ravine.

Pashin refers to this campsite but the translation is a bit confusing in the English Vs Russian. There seems to be slight differences.

They were also not naked, poorly dressed for being outside for any length of time, yes, but not naked. It loks like there was some kind of preparation going on at the time of the incident, as in a change of clothes after setting the tent up , clothes for sleeping in, or getting ready to start the next day.

« Last post by anna_pycckux on April 27, 2024, 10:56:22 PM »
Everyone and Teddy: Please if anyone could clarify what did Lyuda meant (copied and paste) in the Unknown Diary, Lyuda stated there are some many holes in the tent...and what I'm talking about is "Cuts" of the Tent and the "Holes" in the tent???

From the testimony of forester Pashin, see case sheet 49, from the interrogation of forester Pashin, it can be concluded that the tent was not cut on February 24 because there were things inside, but he does not say that everything inside is covered with snow. The tent was later cut down by M. Sharavin. The forester did not see any traces of Dyatlov's group, although the forester is a professional in detecting human or animal tracks. In the photo: the tent is not covered with snow, but scattered with a shovel. Conclusion: tourists did not cut the tent themselves, did not run out into the cold naked. This is exactly what the forgers convince us of.
« Last post by Ziljoe on April 27, 2024, 09:30:26 PM »
Some of the holes that you circle in white could be the patched holes that the diary refers to I suppose.

It does seem a bit odd that none of the testimonies mention finding the tent in shreds like we see here. The tent looks like it has fixed ground sheet, as in the ground sheet is joined to the sides but I could be wrong. I think it was uncommon.

If it was a fixed ground sheet it would make sense for the searcher's to rip/cut it open from the top side but it's not recorded anywhere that this is what was done. This might be in fear of someone getting into trouble for not doing things correctly but it is a chaotic mess of holes, rips and cuts.

There seems to be too many random cuts for a quick internal exit and ....too many random cuts for external entry by the searcher's.

Having said that, I am assuming that some of the photos show the tent being stapled or sewn back together to aid the investigation in to how the tent looked when in one piece.

The first searcher got his hands in some how to acces the contents and find no bodies whilst taking some of the belongings. Just more annoying facts that we can't be sure of.
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on April 27, 2024, 07:22:40 PM »
Everyone and Teddy:

I'm not talking about anything about "Sexual",  what I'm talking about was the "Sewing".... difference of "Tent being "Cut"....
sending images

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith
« Last post by Axelrod on April 27, 2024, 10:39:45 AM »
Before addrssing the business of who got in a snit about sewing a patch on a tent, it would be better to know who wrote the diary.
maybe it was Dyatlov's diary. In old inet materials (hibinafiles) it belongs to Dyatlov.

So. why prosecutors decided that it is Kolmogorova's diary?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10