April 19, 2024, 05:55:03 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Concern by Government that Dyatlov did not get map approved  (Read 3637 times)

January 23, 2020, 06:00:10 PM
Read 3637 times

jarrfan

I read the latest information about the planned trip on Facebook and that Dyatlov did not agree with the route suggested but it was decided by the group and Igor did not submit the planned route for approval to the government agency? Could this possibly have been a reason for a military presence thinking the group were overstepping their bounds and questioned what the group were up to? Just another branch of the tree that may or may not lead to an answer.

January 23, 2020, 08:32:54 PM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I know this is coldwar era Russia, but I have a hard time believing that Russian military troops would slaughter their own citizens for wondering onto a frozen wasteland in which is/was not a military installation.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

January 24, 2020, 01:40:35 AM
Reply #2

Nigel Evans

Afaik they were only to the left of the registered route by say a mile. They'd failed to go through the DP pass the previous day (probably due to lack of crampons, ice axes ropes etc) and had lightened their loads (labaz) before going to the left of the DP on the last day. It makes sense that they camped up there to recover time by bypassing the forest. Or maybe Semyon wanted to photograph something up there....

February 11, 2020, 01:35:32 PM
Reply #3

Eve24

I noticed how frantic the messages were also about recovering Dyatlov’s documents. It could be as simple as “then we find everyone,” which makes a lot of sense. But the way they talked about it was secretive and frantic