Theories Discussion > The stove

There could’ve been..

(1/5) > >>

Lyndasez:
There could’ve been a stove incident, however I don’t think it would send them marching down the hill. They’d have stayed an dealt, as I assume happened with Rustems padded jacket burnt to memory.

Loose}{Cannon:
I think Rustems jacket was burned on the camp fire if memory serves me correctly from the diaries.    Of course, if Igors little heater invention was actually a radioisotope heater.... Ya got yourself a reason to panic.    Just an idea given some of the victims field or work/study.  Would lend reason to cover up an embarrassing situation for the Kremlin aswell.

Lyndasez:
Omg, radioisotope?! How would they use that? Would have to be encased in some lead container which I doubt they’d lug around. Oh no I don’t believe they’d be allowed to use or eat from something radioactive. Plus, it contained a chimney and they state it was fueled with logs...they’d all be glowing in the dark otherwise.... shock1

Loose}{Cannon:
Lol...  I dunno!

But I do know nasa etc likely got them down to acceptable sizes and weights. 

TDGS7147:
I don't think so, the
Eichar's novel states
'The stove is in the center of the tent, not yet assembled, and an open flask of cocoa sits frozen nearby as if waiting to be reheated. There is also a cloth napkin bearing neat slices of ham.

and group journal
Feb. 1, 1959
'While some of the hikers continue to snack on cold food, Zina and Doroshenko set the camping
stove in the center of the tent. Made of folding cast-iron panels and outfitted with a collapsible
chimney that must be twisted into proper shape, the stove is extremely tricky to put together,
particularly with cold hands. According to their mock sports page in The Evening Otorten, the
champion stove assemblers’ record is one hour, two minutes and 27.4 seconds. But on that night, the
stove just sits there in pieces.'

So, the stove wasn't assembled that night and they were low on fire wood, thus  there could not have been a fire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version