Genesis > Board Information

Post ratings

<< < (3/3)

RidgeWatcher:
I never meant to insult anyone on DPF, or cause an outrage! It was an honest question. I was, however, referring to "Rules" put forth by Loose Cannon 21.10.2017.

1) It's simple, first and foremost, respect each other.  Be civil!! 

8)  Trolling(name calling/bullying/pushing buttons) won't be tolerated. A fun razzing is one thing, but taunting is another.

I was referring to both of the rules above. I am not a judge, nor would I ever want to change the character of this forum. Please keep all of the icons, they are fun, but I personally will refrain from ever using "old" or "dull", I do like "controversial", though. Now I sound like I am virtue signaling which is contemptible...I do appreciate all of your opinions. Thank you.

Teddy:
Let's give it a try.

There are still quirks that I don't understand, like I don't see the rating given under the post. It's only offered to see the list after I rate. In this regard it works like voting.
I tried rating twice a post and it didn't allow me. Also:

* you can't rate a post twice even if it is with a different rate
* you can't not change your rate once rated
* you can't not unrated

Loose}{Cannon:

--- Quote from: RidgeWatcher on July 24, 2020, 04:05:54 PM ---I never meant to insult anyone on DPF, or cause an outrage! It was an honest question. I was, however, referring to "Rules" put forth by Loose Cannon 21.10.2017.

1) It's simple, first and foremost, respect each other.  Be civil!! 

8)  Trolling(name calling/bullying/pushing buttons) won't be tolerated. A fun razzing is one thing, but taunting is another.

I was referring to both of the rules above. I am not a judge, nor would I ever want to change the character of this forum. Please keep all of the icons, they are fun, but I personally will refrain from ever using "old" or "dull", I do like "controversial", though. Now I sound like I am virtue signaling which is contemptible...I do appreciate all of your opinions. Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Hey RW....   I dont really see an issue regarding the forum rules vs a thumbs up or down thingy... its not like the options are inflammatory.  They can be edited and added to if you have any suggestions. 

Personally, I dont think the forum "needs" this mod per-say.  We are merely willing to listen to our members and try to improve the forum for their use where applicable.   

Loose}{Cannon:

--- Quote from: Teddy on July 25, 2020, 12:04:14 AM ---Let's give it a try.

There are still quirks that I don't understand, like I don't see the rating given under the post. It's only offered to see the list after I rate. In this regard it works like voting.
I tried rating twice a post and it didn't allow me. Also:

* you can't rate a post twice even if it is with a different rate
* you can't not change your rate once rated
* you can't not unrated
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I dunno...... its.... blah, whatever.  Clear as mud?   lol3

Teddy:
I am removing the post ratings because they do not show under a post, only after you rate.
You can't tell if you have rated before you rate again, only to be scolded that you have already rated this post.
You can never see again how did you rate this post.
You can never see the ratings of a post.
I don't see a point of having the option to rate if you can never see how a post has been rated.
I thought this to be a bug, but after reinstalling the mod is all the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version