Genesis > Board Information

Post ratings

<< < (2/3) > >>

Teddy:
I can replace, rename and do whatever I want with all of the rate icons.
If you suggest different ratings system - please post here.

Teddy:
Dumb is now Dull.
I hope you find this more politically correct.

PROXIUS:

--- Quote from: RidgeWatcher on July 23, 2020, 05:06:07 PM ---Hello Teddy.

Did Proxius recommend these specific post ratings or did the administrators have any choice to choose or dismiss individual post rating icons. The reason I am asking is because per this forum's rules were are not supposed to insult or project sarcasm to other user's posts. It is always O.K. to disagree and I am by no means the virtue police by any means, but if we have rules against about telling a poster that their post is "dumb" then should we post rating icon that says this symbolically?

--- End quote ---

I just suggested the ranking module. Thought it could be useful in forum because sometimes some posts are written meticulously and deserve a reaction. Reaction because there is nothing to add and by the instinct people maybe feels like to say "Well said!" or the opposite. So in order to avoid couple word post pollution in the forum, they can simply click on the desired icon.

I did not come up with names of ratings, they are default rates in the module BUT can be modified. It's always up to admins.

In my opinion communities are like brotherhoods where people get along under the same roof of common hobbies/obsessions etc and this doesn't mean everybody must agree each other but respect each other. I am kinda new in here but what I see is this forum is full with smart and genuine people. People who wouldn't get offended if they get 'dislike' or 'dumb' rates as long as someone abuse it for personal reasons and spam on specifically someone's posts which can be detected by admins and seen by users.

-Kind regards.

PROXIUS:

--- Quote from: Teddy on July 24, 2020, 12:20:12 AM ---Dumb is now Dull.
I hope you find this more politically correct.

--- End quote ---

There we go :) sounds more peaceful indeed. Hope everybody will be happy with this :P

Monty:
Don't fall foul of the paralysis of analysis. We still have an unsolved mystery on our hands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version