March 28, 2024, 06:44:52 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Tragic military accident  (Read 12663 times)

January 11, 2019, 05:01:17 PM
Reply #30

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
9 ski hikers go missing on their level 3 difficulty ski tour in the Urals.  3 weeks later they find a tent and several bodies.  Autopsy reports say they died of hypothermia.  A few months after that the remaining bodies are found under 15 feet of snow with strange physical injuries.

Simple question:

Why request radiation checks of the bodies as part of the investigation?

January 11, 2019, 06:40:30 PM
Reply #31

sarapuk

No.  I don't think they were killed by a nuclear weapon.  I think it is one possibility that could have been terrifying enough for them to leave the tent without their clothing and shoes.

If it was a tactical nuclear weapon there would still be evidence of it today.  In or around the area.

It would depend on fallout, detonation location, place and altitude and wind speed.

Plume dispersion models could calculate where any fallout may have come down.  If core samples are then taken and analysed it may help determine if such a test did occur.

There may also be evidence in the bodies and autopsy reports.  Key things to look for would be deterioration of their stomach lining, and signs of bacteria in their blood streams (sepsis).

Its a shame that the Case has not been reopened yet, because then we may get to some of the answers we need. A thorough Forensic investigation of the Site these days and also any other real evidence still remaining.
DB

January 11, 2019, 06:47:43 PM
Reply #32

sarapuk

9 ski hikers go missing on their level 3 difficulty ski tour in the Urals.  3 weeks later they find a tent and several bodies.  Autopsy reports say they died of hypothermia.  A few months after that the remaining bodies are found under 15 feet of snow with strange physical injuries.

Simple question:

This is one of the aspects of the Dyatlov Case that is still puzzling. It crops up regularly on this Forum. And still no satisfactory answer of course. Maybe the Authorities wanted to show that no Nuclear Weapons had been tested in the area. I understand that at that time many people in the USSR who by now had heard of the tragedy suspected a Nuclear Accident of some kind. Or maybe there is another reason for testing for Radiation, a reason that is still Top secret.
DB

January 12, 2019, 12:43:53 AM
Reply #33

Nigel Evans

Simple question:

This is one of the aspects of the Dyatlov Case that is still puzzling. It crops up regularly on this Forum. And still no satisfactory answer of course. Maybe the Authorities wanted to show that no Nuclear Weapons had been tested in the area. I understand that at that time many people in the USSR who by now had heard of the tragedy suspected a Nuclear Accident of some kind. Or maybe there is another reason for testing for Radiation, a reason that is still Top secret.

It's not puzzling at all, Ivanov presented his evidence for fire orbs to the Central Committee and they ordered a radiation check.

January 12, 2019, 01:35:09 AM
Reply #34

Star man

Simple question:

It's not puzzling at all, Ivanov presented his evidence for fire orbs to the Central Committee and they ordered a radiation check.

Where is this documented though?

January 12, 2019, 01:42:48 AM
Reply #35

Star man

No.  I don't think they were killed by a nuclear weapon.  I think it is one possibility that could have been terrifying enough for them to leave the tent without their clothing and shoes.

If it was a tactical nuclear weapon there would still be evidence of it today.  In or around the area.

It would depend on fallout, detonation location, place and altitude and wind speed.

Plume dispersion models could calculate where any fallout may have come down.  If core samples are then taken and analysed it may help determine if such a test did occur.

There may also be evidence in the bodies and autopsy reports.  Key things to look for would be deterioration of their stomach lining, and signs of bacteria in their blood streams (sepsis).

Its a shame that the Case has not been reopened yet, because then we may get to some of the answers we need. A thorough Forensic investigation of the Site these days and also any other real evidence still remaining.

Maybe there is still some concern that it would be embarrassing for the government or the info on the weapons is still classified.

Given that this happened 60 years ago and if it was a nuclear test then it is likely to have been an accident then I don't think it would be .  I can't see that this could have been deliberate.  Why would you want to harm 9 of the countries young and good citizens.  At the endof the day bad things happen so personally I wouldn't be pointing a finger at any government or organisation.  I am just interested in the truth.  So you are right, I don't see why they don't put the remaining relatives mind at peace. 

Is it,possible that they did actually tell the families the truth but made them sign a secrecy disclosure?

January 12, 2019, 01:29:27 PM
Reply #36

sarapuk

Quoted from Nigel ;
[[  It's not puzzling at all, Ivanov presented his evidence for fire orbs to the Central Committee and they ordered a radiation check.
[/quote]  ]]

Fire Orbs again.  Ivanov again.  It must be puzzling otherwise we would have had an OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT STATEMENT, and we havnt. Unless you can provide some proof  !  ?  Ivanov is said to have detected Radiation on the bodies of some of the Dyatlov Group, and so informed his superiors.
DB

January 12, 2019, 01:40:11 PM
Reply #37

sarapuk

Quoted from Starman ;
[[  Maybe there is still some concern that it would be embarrassing for the government or the info on the weapons is still classified.
Given that this happened 60 years ago and if it was a nuclear test then it is likely to have been an accident then I don't think it would be .  I can't see that this could have been deliberate.  Why would you want to harm 9 of the countries young and good citizens.  At the endof the day bad things happen so personally I wouldn't be pointing a finger at any government or organisation.  I am just interested in the truth.  So you are right, I don't see why they don't put the remaining relatives mind at peace. 
Is it,possible that they did actually tell the families the truth but made them sign a secrecy disclosure?
[/quote]  ]]

Yes, Time heals as they say.  Well there must still be relatives alive today.  But back to Topic and Military accident theory, not only is there not enough evidence, obviously, but also what evidence there is does not point to a Military accident theory.
DB

January 12, 2019, 03:09:05 PM
Reply #38

Star man

Quoted from Starman ;
[[  Maybe there is still some concern that it would be embarrassing for the government or the info on the weapons is still classified.
  ]]

Yes, Time heals as they say.  Well there must still be relatives alive today.  But back to Topic and Military accident theory, not only is there not enough evidence, obviously, but also what evidence there is does not point to a Military accident theory.
[/quote]

Maybe there is enough evidence to solve the DPI. We just need to understand it.

January 14, 2019, 12:40:14 PM
Reply #39

sarapuk

Quoted from Starman ;
  ]]

[/quote]

Well I cant see that evidence  !  ?  There may well be evidence that is kept hidden and not for public consumption.
DB

January 15, 2019, 06:45:24 AM
Reply #40

Star man

Quoted from Starman ;
  ]]

Well I cant see that evidence  !  ?  There may well be evidence that is kept hidden and not for public consumption.
[/quote]

When I get some time I will update the military accident theory with better details.  There are still a fair number of things I have to consider.