Theories Discussion > General Discussion

A blast from the sky

(1/4) > >>

GlennM:
At about 17 hours 30 minutes Moscow time on September 9 /local time at 1 hour 30 minutes on September 10/ 1958, individual citizens of the cities of Magadan, Tenkinsky and Susumansky districts of the Magadan region, observed a flight from the southeast to the northwest at a high altitude of a luminous object, which, according to preliminary data, fell far from populated areas approximately 600 km northwest of the city of Magadan. According to information received from local residents, a bright flash was observed during the fall followed by a laud explosion.

I believe there were several things that might alert people to areial lights. From the event in 1908, there has been a steady interest in the Tunguska event. In the 60's the butterfly pattern was identified, my point being that Russians were already primed to see a meteorite strike as a possibility. It is fair to say that once you have seen a missile launch, it will not be mistaken for a meteorite. They are travelling in opposite directions. Therefore, meteorites and bolides were already imbedded in the Sovier psyche, anticipating another Tunguska.

Since no meteoric debris is connected to 1079, lights in the country night sky really have no bearing on the events of the fateful night.

Axelrod:
I looked at the table of space launches in the United States and found a launch on the morning of September 8 at 8 am.
I think it was a flight of this rocket to Alaska for testing, where it was 3 a.m. at that time.
For Magadan it was the night from September 8 to 9. (from 23 pm September 8 to 1 am September 9).

I think the message has a date shift due to a commit error.
In the criminal case of the Dyatlov group incident, we have a newspaper dated February 18, which describes the event on the morning of February 17 as if it happened on the current day.
The criminal case says that the newspaper of February 17 is about the event of February 17, but it is a newspaper of February 18. My aunt was working in practice at this newspaper "Tagil worker" at that time and transmitted this article to Ivanov.

The newspaper described the flight of a space rocket over Altai at 9 am, which was visible from the Urals at 7 am local time.

WinterLeia:
I’m not entirely sure what you are talking about. The only clipping of a Tagil Worker’s newspaper article that I could find in the case files is dated February 18, and it starts off as: “At 6:55 of local time yesterday…” And I wouldn’t say it was about a rocket launch, but a celestial phenomenon. Yes, that could be a rocket. But it could also be a meteor or an otherworldly fireball, if you happen to be Lev Ivanov. So maybe I missed something?

Axelrod:

GlennM:
Do any of us feel that this explains anything? No debris, no chemical burns, no radioactive contamination, no,audible explosion recoded in Vizhay, nothing! This is a distraction I fear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version