May 18, 2021, 07:27:02 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Nurse Solter and the clothes...
« Last post by MDGross on Today at 12:48:34 PM »
Thank you, Igor Pavlov, for helping to clarify. Your reply brings up another question. Was Yudin prevented by the Ivdel authorities from seeing photos of the four bodies found in the stream? He would have seen that their clothing was mixed up. Then maybe he would have asked too many questions.
« Last post by Igor Pavlov on Today at 09:33:58 AM »
But it does seem important to me.
Very good question. Salter dealt with 6 bodies. According to our version - with those who were found directly in the tent under the rubble (tree) (at least four) + two more found nearby outside the tent. Those found in the tent had severe injuries and, most likely, damaged clothing. Salter had changed it. Later 4 bodies were found in May in a stream. It is their clothes that are mixed up as it was changed back. The others, if they could get out of the tent, could not help but get their own clothes. And not the fact that it was also damaged or dirty. So some of the bodies (not injured) were in their own clothes. They were found later on the slope. Yudin saw them, not bodies from the stream.
« Last post by KFinn on Today at 09:15:21 AM »
I'm a bit confused (what's new about that) about the subject of the hikers' clothes. Teddy, you can probably shed some light on this. In a 2008 interview, Nurse Solter states that when the first six bodies were brought to the morgue, she and the surgeon, Dr. Prudkov, were the only ones present. She says in the interview that she removed their clothes and washed the bodies. The corpses were then dressed in new clothes and placed in coffins. Solter then believes the coffins were flown to Sverdlovsk for burial. But if a restaging occurred, which is plausible, then the bodies needed to be redressed in their original clothes. My question is, how did the restagers know which clothes went with which bodies? Solter and perhaps Prudkov were the only ones who knew how the bodies were first dressed. And I don't believe they were involved in the redressing. This is important because if Yudin was shown photos of the hikers when they were found by the search team, he would know if the clothes were all wrong. So a degree of accuracy was needed. But the restagers hadn't seen the bodies in their original clothes. What shirt goes with who? What sweater, etc.? If Yudin believed the clothing was just as it should be, then perhaps the restaging never happened. I'm probably exaggerating the importance of the clothes. But it does seem important to me.

I can not speak for Teddy but my understanding from 1079 is that redressing the bodies before restaging was the reason the clothing was mixed up (Dubinina in Krivonischenko's sweater, Zolotaryov in Doroshenko's hat, etc.)   They had not catalogued what belonged to whom.
General Discussion / Nurse Solter and the clothes...
« Last post by MDGross on Today at 09:04:02 AM »
I'm a bit confused (what's new about that) about the subject of the hikers' clothes. Teddy, you can probably shed some light on this. In a 2008 interview, Nurse Solter states that when the first six bodies were brought to the morgue, she and the surgeon, Dr. Prudkov, were the only ones present. She says in the interview that she removed their clothes and washed the bodies. The corpses were then dressed in new clothes and placed in coffins. Solter then believes the coffins were flown to Sverdlovsk for burial. But if a restaging occurred, which is plausible, then the bodies needed to be redressed in their original clothes. My question is, how did the restagers know which clothes went with which bodies? Solter and perhaps Prudkov were the only ones who knew how the bodies were first dressed. And I don't believe they were involved in the redressing. This is important because if Yudin was shown photos of the hikers when they were found by the search team, he would know if the clothes were all wrong. So a degree of accuracy was needed. But the restagers hadn't seen the bodies in their original clothes. What shirt goes with who? What sweater, etc.? If Yudin believed the clothing was just as it should be, then perhaps the restaging never happened. I'm probably exaggerating the importance of the clothes. But it does seem important to me.
General Discussion / Re: Thoughts on the book
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 07:40:46 AM »
However, it would be right and appropriate for experts to say what they agree with and what they do not agree with, and of course to justify this.
This is what I expect as well. I am bewildered how the so called experts want to diminish other people's work. Not all of them though. This is how you can tell who really wants to learn the truth. If the case is unsolved one has to be open for new interpretation of the facts. BTW I highly respected researcher Alekseenkov who goes to the pass for the last 10 years and who Borzenkov, I am sure, can not brush away without a second thought reached out with unsolicited feedback about the book. He is a really deep into the case, well respected from the whole Russian circle of researchers.

"Read your e-book. Cool! So much information!
And the theory is on the level of a Newton's binomial theorem. Impressive!
- Alexander (Shura) Alekseenkov, researcher

"Приобрёл вашу электронную книгу. Круто! Столько материала обработано!
И версия из разряда бином Ньютона. Впечатляет!
— Александр (Шура) Алексеенков, исследователь

On this year annual conference in Yekaterinburg Alekseenkov made public the results of his measurements on the pass which directly confirm our theory
https://dyatlovpass.com/1079#new-magnetic

By the way, I rated your book with the highest possible rating on Amazon.
bow7
« Last post by Mars on Today at 07:22:46 AM »
Thank you for your  explanation Teddy. By no means did I want my first post to turn out to be political.
I have just delved into your book and of course all the available information I have been able to read on this forum from members ’contributions. It just surprised me about my opinion, which I got when I read the book. For me, your book, when I read it, was the ultimate solution to a mysterious tragedy. Then I expected the so-called Dyatlov Pass experts to think so too.
And I expected people on this forum who have a tremendous amount of historical knowledge, know the time, and deal with it to give criticism. As for Professor WAB, who delves so thoroughly into every little thing that is published, it just surprises me that he hasn’t even read your book yet. I also became acquainted with his theory (infra sound) but I must say that given my modest knowledge I did not even understand what his conclusion and interpretation of events was. However, it would be right and appropriate for experts to say what they agree with and what they do not agree with, and of course to justify this.
By the way, I rated your book with the highest possible rating on Amazon.
General Discussion / Re: how did they start the fire
« Last post by EBE on Today at 03:41:35 AM »
To me, the fire is one of the strangest details of the incident. It was the only thing they could have saved them. I absolutely agree with the birch bark, also birch wood is ideal as it burns even if wet. Green cedar and spruce branches are good as well, because the green needles contain resin and burn really well (but quickly). Also, based on Grigoriev's diary, there was a lot of dangling moss/lichen growing on cedar (and probably on other trees too), which is ideal for starting a fire as it burns exceptionally well.

What is difficult to understand is that the fire was not right next to the cedar tree trunk which would protect if from wind (if the wind was strong there). There was enough people for maintaining the fire, collecting the firewood and protecting the fire from wind. They had all means to make a really big fire, but they did not do it.. Something is missing here. Maybe they were not collaborating, arguing among themselves about what to do, or there is also a possibility that the group was split on the slope and both Juris were the only ones making the fire.
General Discussion / Re: Theory about the rav4.
« Last post by EBE on Today at 03:27:09 AM »
I think you may be right about the Rav4 dying where they were found. The possible natural explanation is that the den was actually below a large snow overhang, formed by dense icy snow. They dug their hiding under the overhang, which collapsed and caused their injuries.

When Zolotaryov was exhumed, the pathologist said that his injuries were caused by something pressing on him while he was laying on a hard surface (den flooring?).

Well, I have to say that when I was a kid, in winter we used to play under large snow overhangs, digging our dens there. No one was ever injured when the overhangs collapsed.. but the conditions in the ravine may have been different.
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 03:18:33 AM »
I'd imagine for those going very deep into this case that it is enough just to keep one's sanity...

That exit is way behind :))
« Last post by bertie on Today at 02:53:12 AM »
It is strange how this case brings the best and the worse in anyone, sometimes in the span of the same post :)

👍😃
I'd imagine for those going very deep into this case that it is enough just to keep one's sanity, everything else is a bonus
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10