March 19, 2024, 01:53:37 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Yeti/Merk  (Read 20696 times)

December 25, 2017, 04:37:00 AM
Read 20696 times

boguslaw.mycyk2017

My opinion is very short.The first:from the camp/tent/they run because was the explosion of rocket.They were in big panic.For the second:
This women with missing tongue and part of face was attacked by Yeti.This monster wanted to eat her.But stopped the attack and run.The explosion of next rocket frightened him.Why did Yeti attack the woman?Probably of using perfumes.

February 24, 2018, 12:31:34 PM
Reply #1

SteveCalley

I am doubtful of Merk involvement. The trauma does not fit a big carnivore. The pathologist knew perfectly well what killed the Four. He was too afraid to write it in the report.

May 03, 2018, 10:04:11 PM
Reply #2

Per Inge Oestmoen

I am doubtful of Merk involvement. The trauma does not fit a big carnivore. The pathologist knew perfectly well what killed the Four. He was too afraid to write it in the report.

There is no such thing as a man-eating Yeti.

Apart from that, the investigators probably were fully aware that the death of the nine students was not caused by a mere accident.

May 04, 2018, 06:09:06 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I got nuthin....    lol1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 14, 2018, 01:42:34 AM
Reply #4

Morski

Hello, all. I am new to the forum, yet not new to the case itself. Its been bothering me for like 5 years now. Great to find this forum and the site as well.
My first post is here on the Yeti topic. To be honest, I am not a fan of the Yeti or other extraterrestrial versions for the tragedy. Just dont seem to fit in the picture, but just my oppinion of course.
Regarding the famous frame №17 (https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-thibeaux-brignolle) from Nikolai Thibeaux camera, where its speculated that it captured Yeti/Merk - Look at the photo again, and than take a look at the loose photos section and especially photo №7 (https://dyatlovpass.com/loose-photos), where Nikolai himself is in a strange position of the body, presumably being cold. Compare the leaning of the torso and especially the right shoulder position of the Yeti photo and Nikolai`s. They seem to be very much alike, even though the quality of the two photos and the distance is very different. Different photos, but the body position looks similar. Another tning, it is said that Nikolai liked to be in front of a camera. He liked to be the center of attention. The group had already been joking about Yeti, eventually writing it down in the "Evening Otorten №1". My point is, could it be possible, that Nikolai and his friends kinda "staged" the Yeti photo to fit the Yeti joking theme, and the Yeti is actually Nikolai? The photo is taken with his camera. Of course, there was no way for them to see the photo right away back then, but a more experienced photographer (someone from the group) could make a more blurry photo deliberatly. What do you think? 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:09:07 AM by Морски »
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

August 14, 2018, 06:49:32 AM
Reply #5

Blkdahlia

It’s totally possible that the picture was intended as a joke by Thibeaux. The image is too blurred to identify the person in the picture and could have been intentionally taken that way.

August 14, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
Reply #6

Morski

A guess. I mean, I just do not follow those legendary half-breed humanoids perspectives. No offense to people with different mindset, just saying. Maybe we tend to complicate things even more than they already are. Getting rid of some of the theories may be a productive thing. Until all options are rejected. For example focusing on one of the two major points of view: 1.The realistic, coldblooded understanding, that everything has a natural explanation (murderers, KGB/CIA (although I do not reject this theory, if the KGB/CIA did such a poor job, that’s suspicious for itself.), military (same), infrasound and etc., and 2. The suspicion, that something beyond our reason is involved (UFO, Yeti), etc. .
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:31:26 PM by Морски »

August 14, 2018, 02:00:49 PM
Reply #7

Blkdahlia

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I know there are many believers out there and I’m surprised there aren’t more posts on this thread.

I’m not a fan of the Yeti theory either but I in no way want to discourage others from posting.

I enjoy reading what everyone else has to say.

August 14, 2018, 02:18:16 PM
Reply #8

Morski

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I know there are many believers out there and I’m surprised there aren’t more posts on this thread.

I’m not a fan of the Yeti theory either but I in no way want to discourage others from posting.

I enjoy reading what everyone else has to say.

Yes, thats my point of view as well. People have different ideas and we are free to share.

August 14, 2018, 06:12:40 PM
Reply #9

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
I think its important to look at the subject of extraterrestrials. After all its a subject that has a big following, including government departments around the world. Also like wise with the legends of the Yeti like creatures.
DB

August 20, 2018, 05:14:16 AM
Reply #10

DH106

Hello, all. I am new to the forum, yet not new to the case itself. Its been bothering me for like 5 years now. Great to find this forum and the site as well.
My first post is here on the Yeti topic. To be honest, I am not a fan of the Yeti or other extraterrestrial versions for the tragedy. Just dont seem to fit in the picture, but just my oppinion of course.
Regarding the famous frame №17 (https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-thibeaux-brignolle) from Nikolai Thibeaux camera, where its speculated that it captured Yeti/Merk - Look at the photo again, and than take a look at the loose photos section and especially photo №7 (https://dyatlovpass.com/loose-photos), where Nikolai himself is in a strange position of the body, presumably being cold. Compare the leaning of the torso and especially the right shoulder position of the Yeti photo and Nikolai`s. They seem to be very much alike, even though the quality of the two photos and the distance is very different. Different photos, but the body position looks similar. Another tning, it is said that Nikolai liked to be in front of a camera. He liked to be the center of attention. The group had already been joking about Yeti, eventually writing it down in the "Evening Otorten №1". My point is, could it be possible, that Nikolai and his friends kinda "staged" the Yeti photo to fit the Yeti joking theme, and the Yeti is actually Nikolai? The photo is taken with his camera. Of course, there was no way for them to see the photo right away back then, but a more experienced photographer (someone from the group) could make a more blurry photo deliberatly. What do you think?

I agree that the infamous 'Yeti' photo is most likely just an out of focus, distant shot of Thibeaux-Brignolle.
It's important here to get the context - look at the previous 4 photos (frames 13-16) on that film and Thibo can be seen first falling over / messing around in the snow, then getting to his feet & recovering. Even the dark trousers & slightly lighter top match in the 'Yeti' photo. Photo is Thibo.

August 21, 2018, 03:04:14 PM
Reply #11

sarapuk

Its a very interesting photo. Fake or genuine  ! ?  When I first saw it I thought it was very similar to the descriptions that many people have given of Big Foot sightings in North America. First of all the size, it looks like a fairly large animal, be it human or ape or whatever.  Then the way it appears to be moving forward, a very distinctive movement, the way the arms are held in relation to the body.
DB

August 28, 2018, 03:40:40 PM
Reply #12

CalzagheChick

I agree the "Yeti" photo is quite interesting. Especially because the Yeti appears to be carrying a camera at the same level as another hiker in the Dyatlov party. Amazing how those Yeti had access to modern technology and hung it around the neck in the same fashion as the human beings it was stalking.

Fast learners...

August 28, 2018, 04:39:04 PM
Reply #13

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Monkey see, monkey do?

lol2

August 28, 2018, 06:31:17 PM
Reply #14

sarapuk

I dont see any camera on the figure in the photo.
DB

December 11, 2018, 01:14:40 PM
Reply #15

Star man

The yeti also looks like it wearing a quilted jacket.  Maybe that's why it attacked them.  To obtain the latest in outdoor fashion.  nea1

December 14, 2018, 06:16:17 PM
Reply #16

sarapuk

Very difficult to say that the figure was wearing a quilt Jacket or any clothing for that matter.  Its not a very clear photo is it.
DB

December 18, 2018, 08:38:52 AM
Reply #17

Star man

It certainly isn’t very clear. It is a bit strange really .

December 18, 2018, 12:55:48 PM
Reply #18

sarapuk

And yet you stated that it looked like it was wearing a quilted jacket  !  ? 
DB

December 18, 2018, 01:28:10 PM
Reply #19

Star man

That's because the top half of the figure is lighter in colour.  However the face is darker than I would expect

December 20, 2018, 01:16:12 PM
Reply #20

sarapuk

That's because the top half of the figure is lighter in colour.  However the face is darker than I would expect

Well its possible that it was a figure wearing a quilted jacket with hood up. Its just so difficult to figure out, no pun intended. I wonder if there are any forensic photographers who could shine some light on this mystery figure.
DB

December 20, 2018, 03:00:33 PM
Reply #21

Star man

I would have thought with modern digital technology that there is a way of enhancing this image.  If Cambridge can write a computer algorithm to correct the distortion caused by the incorrect dimensions of the Hubble telescope from hundreds of miles away surely someone can enhance this out of focus photograph.  I would love to see the figure in more clarity.

January 07, 2019, 10:29:50 AM
Reply #22

mysteriousman

there are people there not bigfoot

February 05, 2019, 02:40:07 PM
Reply #23

sarapuk

I would have thought with modern digital technology that there is a way of enhancing this image.  If Cambridge can write a computer algorithm to correct the distortion caused by the incorrect dimensions of the Hubble telescope from hundreds of miles away surely someone can enhance this out of focus photograph.  I would love to see the figure in more clarity.

I wonder if the re opening of The Dyatlov Case will go as far as doing such work as FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS of the Film / Photos and other items that may still be under lock and key.
DB

February 05, 2019, 02:46:15 PM
Reply #24

Star man

I wonder if the re opening of The Dyatlov Case will go as far as doing such work as FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS of the Film / Photos and other items that may still be under lock and key.

It doesn't really look like they are opening up much to be honest.

July 10, 2019, 04:10:45 PM
Reply #25

vdersik

Actually this is not a photo of yeti or menk, this is Thibeaux Brignolle, he wears the same jacket like that in the previous photo, also he has a hood (with the jacket). The difference is that this photo is unclear ang you thinh that is yeti or a hominide, what a spooky story could be made. Yeti has eaten Dubinina's tongue, according to an unclear photo let's make a documentary, the mechanism of Discovery Channel brainwashing.
You can not confirm yeti involvement in this situation just because of an unclear photo, most probably of Brignolle, taken by other group member. Lack of evidences. In my opinion 3-4 of the theories are stories for kids not for investigators of a serious crime .
https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Thibeaux-Brignolle-camera-film3-16.jpg
https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Thibeaux-Brignolle-camera-film3-17.jpg

July 15, 2019, 01:27:58 PM
Reply #26

sarapuk

Actually this is not a photo of yeti or menk, this is Thibeaux Brignolle, he wears the same jacket like that in the previous photo, also he has a hood (with the jacket). The difference is that this photo is unclear ang you thinh that is yeti or a hominide, what a spooky story could be made. Yeti has eaten Dubinina's tongue, according to an unclear photo let's make a documentary, the mechanism of Discovery Channel brainwashing.
You can not confirm yeti involvement in this situation just because of an unclear photo, most probably of Brignolle, taken by other group member. Lack of evidences. In my opinion 3-4 of the theories are stories for kids not for investigators of a serious crime .
https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Thibeaux-Brignolle-camera-film3-16.jpg
https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Thibeaux-Brignolle-camera-film3-17.jpg

Impossible to be certain who or what  ! ?  Sightings of strange creatures are centuries old. Legends abound including the YETI Legend. Of course there is a lack of evidence. Lots of evidence is missing including a vital piece of evidence, THE TENT.
DB

July 30, 2019, 02:06:50 AM
Reply #27

JimIslander

What do the Mansi say about the Merk? From what i can find they are "spirits" seen in the sky that descend to the ground. Do they then become "yeti"?

July 30, 2019, 12:33:20 PM
Reply #28

sarapuk

What do the Mansi say about the Merk? From what i can find they are "spirits" seen in the sky that descend to the ground. Do they then become "yeti"?

Well its interesting to note that many sightings of strange creatures occur at the same time as sightings of UFO's in the same area. Apparently there are excellent Libraries in Russia devoted to the Mansi and other Tribes, and there are probably reports of Yeti and such like. Many Tribes around the World talk of Spirits. Who knows if such Spirits if they exist become Yeti  !  ?
DB

August 31, 2019, 10:05:17 AM
Reply #29

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Why did Yeti attack the woman?Probably of using perfumes.

Has anyone ever tasted perfumes?   shock1