Theories Discussion > Zolotaryov's meltdown

Zolotaryov's meltdown

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nigel Evans:
One of the mysteries of the DPI is that three of the ravine four suffered massive fractures but with no relevant bruising (although the bodies carried other bruises). These injuries are hard to explain unless superhuman force spread over a wider area is involved. Hence falling onto deep snow or crushed under snow theories, with crushing my favourite. The lack of bruises would seem to rule out human violence. No one was kicked to death.

ikemitsu:

--- Quote from: Teddy on October 08, 2020, 01:06:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: ikemitsu on October 08, 2020, 12:33:53 AM ---Is the story about Zolotaryov's past all factual? Even the timing of the tattoos?

--- End quote ---

No

--- End quote ---

But some of it is truthful? The positions and places of work perhaps? But what about the reasons for resignations, are they mere speculation?

Teddy:

--- Quote from: ikemitsu on October 08, 2020, 04:20:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: ikemitsu on October 08, 2020, 12:33:53 AM ---Is the story about Zolotaryov's past all factual? Even the timing of the tattoos?

--- End quote ---

No

--- End quote ---

But some of it is truthful? The positions and places of work perhaps? But what about the reasons for resignations, are they mere speculation?

--- End quote ---
Sorry, there is a lot of factual information. When I said "No" I meant the tattoos. We know nothing of when, why and what in regards of the tattoos.

ikemitsu:

--- Quote from: Teddy on October 08, 2020, 04:40:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: ikemitsu on October 08, 2020, 04:20:16 AM ---

--- End quote ---

No

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Sorry, there is a lot of factual information. When I said "No" I meant the tattoos. We know nothing of when, why and what in regards of the tattoos.

--- End quote ---

OK, thanks for clarifying.

strangestory:
Here are a few meltdown/sabotage possibilities I’ve considered:

1.    Semyon collapsed the occupied tent while primary exit is closed, then occupants are attacked through the thin walls.   This forces Igor or someone else to cut the alternate rear exit.  A problem here is that anyone cutting the exit would likely have the cutting object (knife?) and could hold Semyon at bay rather than retreating with the group.  If Semyon was dual wielding knives, or had a firearm (more on this later), it would explain why everyone retreated from a well-armed Semyon, rather than risking combat 7 against 1, which (other than a long-range weapon) seems preferable to walking into certain death.  Semyon wielding a firearm would explain the defensive position of the fort lookout, and possibly the fire being placed where the footstep path walker could not see it, behind ceder.  This could’ve been wind necessitated also.

2.   Semyon closed the exit and sabotaged the stove, plugging clothes into the exhaust pipes or placing an object in/over the flame.  This could have caused the rear tent slashing and panicked rapid disorderly egress from the tent, if people are coughing.  Further, maybe some combination of sabotage, assault and/or intimidation? 

3.    Semyon poured snow or the water stores onto the campers in the tent, in combination with stove exhaust sabotage or armed intimidation.  Water poured on the campers in the tent (especially combined with stove ignition sabotage) could cause occupants rapid panicked exit.

4.   It could be that fully dressed Nik had just finished watch, and that Semyon was trading shifts with him when they did engage in combat, and Semyon clubbed him with force that was heard by people inside the tent, which would explain the others’ reluctance to make the same attempt, especially if now unconscious Nik was the only one with a handy knife (on guard duty) when Semyon forces them out somehow.  Though, branches were later cut down by the cedar, so it seems someone had a cutting object, yet was unwilling to challenge Semyon with it…(?)

5.   I consider that Semyon could have been on a mission to 'neutralize' another party member an interesting possibility (the first casualty?  Someone else?), make it look accidental, and escape with plausible deniability (like happened to Oleg Vavilov and others, political hit job far from the influence of family/allies/investigators).  Once the initial action was detected, perhaps his contingency was to eliminate the whole party and take his chances with party blowback later.  This could explain investigators' possible later tampering with the crime scene if a gun or other evidence was covered up or removed, and also oddities in Semyon’s military records (if being groomed or employed as an intelligence asset).  Or Semyon's unauthorized violence during a certification even which would qualify him for more diverse types of intel assignments was embarrassing, so they covered up his behavior (and consequent attention that could reveal his affiliation).

6.   I think Luda could have been a bait, the guys could have set her at the point in front of the ambush as a distraction to lead Semyon into the ‘kill zone’.  She would establish rapport and/or gives Semyon false indication that everyone is dead/dying up ahead.  Or as the other Semyon Meltdown theorist posits, this could've been combined with some attempt at reconciliation, whereafter the ambush is aborted and everyone returns to the tent.  Highly unlikely to succeed if Semyon had already clubbed someone over the head).  He simply rushed her and eliminated her too early for her to take her place beside or behind the target as he enters the 'kill zone'.  The remaining five of them could only wait as they heard him swiftly take her out.  Or possibly they left their positions prematurely to to intervene (too late) and Sasha died as an indirect result of the surprise effect being somewhat compromised.

7.  There is a military WW2 era hand-to-hand technique where one jumps in a sort of fetal position and swiftly extends feet vertically downward, crushing the victim with both feet with incredible force.  It's possible Semyon did this (and/or suffered something similar once grounded and prone while outnumbered).  It could explain the rib fractures and intestinal damage, especially if the autopsies were inaccurate/tampered with.

This is all speculation, and a lot of it.  These are my attempts to better explain the disorderly egress from the tent even despite outnumbering Semyon 7-to-1.  What a bizarre incident.  Thoughts welcomed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version