March 28, 2024, 03:22:21 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Evening Otorten  (Read 10514 times)

March 18, 2021, 11:15:28 AM
Read 10514 times

Lampe7

Isn't the quiz of the Evening Otorten surprisingly.
"can 9 hikers get by with one stove and a blanket?"

Because, the only thing, which they had at this night was a stove = fire place and a blanket = den. And they couldn't.

What do you think?

March 18, 2021, 12:02:53 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

Because, the only thing, which they had at this night was a stove = fire place and a blanket = den. And they couldn't.

What do you think?

Well the Dyatlov Group knew what they were letting themselves in for on the expedition. They knew the kind of weather to expect. Obviously what they didnt expect is the Event that happened and took their lives. So I dont think there is anything untoward in what they said about the Stove and Blanket.
DB

March 18, 2021, 12:08:56 PM
Reply #2

Lampe7

What do you think?

Well the Dyatlov Group knew what they were letting themselves in for on the expedition. They knew the kind of weather to expect. Obviously what they didnt expect is the Event that happened and took their lives. So I dont think there is anything untoward in what they said about the Stove and Blanket.

True. We are on the same page.
That wouldn't make sense if the Dyatlov group would write it. But someone else?

And yes, I only focus on this, because it is the only question without an answer on this paper and somehow you can bring it into relation with the event that happens after.

March 18, 2021, 12:41:59 PM
Reply #3

sarapuk

What do you think?

True. We are on the same page.
That wouldn't make sense if the Dyatlov group would write it. But someone else?

And yes, I only focus on this, because it is the only question without an answer on this paper and somehow you can bring it into relation with the event that happens after.

The Evening Otorten has been the subject of much speculation. We have never been presented with the original paper only a copy. And its possible that some of it is missing. According to one of the Searchers the original paper was pinned to a part of the Tent near the Entrance, which is interesting in itself.
DB

March 18, 2021, 07:19:58 PM
Reply #4

Manti

I don't know why but I always assumed they wrote the Evening Otorten to leave at Mt. Otorten for other expeditions to find.

Hence the attempted humor.. And maybe they weren't ready with it. But it has some strange details.. "Armenian quiz"? Was Semyon Armenian? Also "Khibina group"?

March 18, 2021, 09:05:26 PM
Reply #5

KFinn

I don't know why but I always assumed they wrote the Evening Otorten to leave at Mt. Otorten for other expeditions to find.

Hence the attempted humor.. And maybe they weren't ready with it. But it has some strange details.. "Armenian quiz"? Was Semyon Armenian? Also "Khibina group"?

I had also asked why the Dyatlovites called themselves the Khibina group.   The thread is here:

https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=829.0
-Ren

March 19, 2021, 12:50:41 PM
Reply #6

sarapuk

The Evening Otorten appears to be an Enigma of its own  ! ? Khibina is a Mountain Range with many Minerals including one that has the ability to absorb Nuclear Waste.
DB

March 20, 2021, 05:39:09 PM
Reply #7

Manti

Really? Which mineral is this?

I thought storing nuclear waste safely is a problem to this day. Our best option might be to shoot it into the Sun but it's too expensive to make economic sense. So we bury it but who knows if earthquakes, or even just slow tectonic movements might one day crush the containers and let the waste enter the water cycle..

March 20, 2021, 06:31:55 PM
Reply #8

KFinn

I thought storing nuclear waste safely is a problem to this day. Our best option might be to shoot it into the Sun but it's too expensive to make economic sense. So we bury it but who knows if earthquakes, or even just slow tectonic movements might one day crush the containers and let the waste enter the water cycle..

I always hate referring to Wikipedia, but you can find the info here:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khibiny_Mountains

Mind you, it has not been proven to absorb nuclear waste, but is thought to be a potentiality.  Aside from the Khibini massif range, there is also a Khibini rare earth element and a Khibini  aircraft electronic countermeasure system...
-Ren

March 20, 2021, 09:15:42 PM
Reply #9

Manti

Thanks  thumb1

There is also Khibin, the Uzbek racehorse: https://www.fei.org/horse/UZB00071/Khibin 

March 21, 2021, 04:09:44 PM
Reply #10

sarapuk

Check out this article. https://www.rt.com/news/russian-scientists-discover-radiation-absorbing-mineral/
Note   : If true then a lot of research is ongoing and no doubt secret  ! 
DB

March 21, 2021, 04:13:01 PM
Reply #11

sarapuk

Thanks  thumb1

There is also Khibin, the Uzbek racehorse: https://www.fei.org/horse/UZB00071/Khibin

Whats that got to do with this subject  !  ? 
DB

March 21, 2021, 05:10:31 PM
Reply #12

Manti

Nothing  grin1 Other than people in the former SU finding it nice sounding and naming various things after it.

March 21, 2021, 05:41:22 PM
Reply #13

KFinn

Check out this article. https://www.rt.com/news/russian-scientists-discover-radiation-absorbing-mineral/

Have you seen any follow up on this since 2007?  Its an amazing discovery if it works and if there is a larger scale of it!!  Can you imagine the possibilities for energy production?!  I mean, it could also make for an amazing zombie storyline, like the plastic eating bacteria from Asia.  Nature never ceases to amaze me!
-Ren

March 22, 2021, 05:00:29 PM
Reply #14

sarapuk

Have you seen any follow up on this since 2007?  Its an amazing discovery if it works and if there is a larger scale of it!!  Can you imagine the possibilities for energy production?!  I mean, it could also make for an amazing zombie storyline, like the plastic eating bacteria from Asia.  Nature never ceases to amaze me!

I havnt seen any follow up in the news but that doesnt mean that things arent being done. Lots of research going on all the time. Lets not forget that there is competition in the World of industry. And from that follows a certain amount of secrecy.
DB

March 22, 2021, 06:23:58 PM
Reply #15

KFinn

I havnt seen any follow up in the news but that doesnt mean that things arent being done. Lots of research going on all the time. Lets not forget that there is competition in the World of industry. And from that follows a certain amount of secrecy.

I have actually found some more recent research on the mineral, Ivanukite.  It seems that there is even ongoing research to develop a synthetic version.  Very interesting stuff!  If it pans out, it would be a much more safe alternative than vitrification. 
-Ren