Theories Discussion > KGB / Radiation / Military involvement

Zolotaryov's role

<< < (4/6) > >>

Star man:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on August 15, 2019, 08:20:00 AM ---There is some good reading there...  right off the bat on the first page.

--- Quote ---VK: Allow me? The fact is that according to Matveeva's book the autopsy was done in Ivdel. She says that the autopsy was not done in Ivdel. It was a preliminary preparation for them, probably for an autopsy ... And the autopsy was done somewhere else, it was not known where. Or maybe in the city hospital ...
PI: No, they did not do it in the city. They were sent to Sverdlovsk by airplanes.
VK: No, it wasn't in Sverdlovsk, according to the book that they did it in Ivdel.
PI: We washed them here ...
--- End quote ---

This is consistent to having read they washed them with some type of alcohol.... They brought in a 55 gal drum to do it.  From what I recall, one of these nurses stated it had a strange color reaction with the clothing and bodies. An article I have on file somewhere suggests this was a reaction with the methanol they were exposed to.

--- End quote ---

Is it "normal". To wash the corpses with alcohol before an autopsy?  Sounds strange to me?  We're they decontaminating the bodies to remove radiation before the autopsy?  Weird.

Regards

Star man

bertie:
/\
I reckon that if it was normal they wouldnt have needed to bring in solvent specially for this.
Also, I wonder why they would need to bring in a drum of ethanol since surely they would already have ethanol on hand and in more convenient quantities.
Its like the bodies had first been treated with something else, which then needed to be washed away with a special solvent.
And if there was a colour reaction then that doesnt sound like something which ethanol would achieve other than by extracting a coloured compound into solution (Im no expert but I did train and work as an industrial chemist).

Star man:

--- Quote from: bertie on August 22, 2019, 04:53:26 AM ---/\
I reckon that if it was normal they wouldnt have needed to bring in solvent specially for this.
Also, I wonder why they would need to bring in a drum of ethanol since surely they would already have ethanol on hand and in more convenient quantities.
Its like the bodies had first been treated with something else, which then needed to be washed away with a special solvent.
And if there was a colour reaction then that doesnt sound like something which ethanol would achieve other than by extracting a coloured compound into solution (Im no expert but I did train and work as an industrial chemist).

--- End quote ---

Sounds weird washing with. Solvent?  Would that be the sort of thing used to remove radiation?  If not do you know what chemicals they would use?

Regards

Star man

Loose}{Cannon:
The article was based on the methanol poisoning theory if that helps.   They had small mobile oil drilling outfits that had methanol delivered via helicopters. They used it to keep the drill hole from freezing up in winter.  Methanol much like alcohol when mixed with water drastically lowers it's freezing point.  The same helicopter unit that transported the methanol in nets, were the ones that were used in the search activities. There were interviews with some pilots from this unit that stated they were to drop their cargo in emergencies. For instance, if they could not find their drop location in bad weather, they would cut the cargo loose because they didn't have the fuel to carry it back.  Takes much less fuel to travel without the hanging load.

bertie:
/\
Very interesting! Ive followed this subject on and off for 12 years and hadnt ever come across that info, thanks.

To StarMan's point, I dont think anyone has suggested that ethanol, or any other solvent for that matter, would be any better than plain water in washing away radioactive dust. Rather, the point seems to be (as you have already noted) that there were apparent anomalies in the way the bodies were being processed. It makes me wonder if this could simply have been from an 'abundance of caution' to hide 'something'.  As usual, questions and no answers...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version