May 04, 2024, 01:15:53 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: The radioactive trace on the Dyatlov Pass
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 11:22:47 AM »
I solicited an opinion from someone who is currently a NPP safety consultant. She read the criminal case and responded but does not want her name to be mentioned:
=======================
XX: It is difficult to draw a conclusions. There is not enough information. Did the students have classes and exercises in nuclear physics? In those years, the rules were not very strict and it is possible that they got infected in the laboratories.
It's a pity they didn't do an isotopic analysis. Just beta contamination, more like work/test/experiment contamination. We o not know exactly what the radioactive material is, for example, Cs-137 (cesium) or another substance - strontium.
Teddy: The one the contaminated clothes belong to was a nuclear physics student (Kolevatov).
XX: Perhaps he contaminated the rest.
Teddy: But only his clothes were contaminated, he and one more participant who worked on Chelyabinsk-40 when there was an accident (Krivonischenko).
XX: Most likely, this is the reason. In those years, there were still no such strict rules for safe work with radioactive substances.
General Discussion / Re: Vladimir Askinadzi
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 10:25:13 AM »
Here is Askinadzi's comment on the latest article in Konsomolskaya Pravda.
https://dyatlovpass.com/threat-from-the-air-KP#askinadzi
« Last post by MDGross on Today at 10:03:30 AM »
Добро пожаловать, сэр. Это честь.
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:26:41 AM »
It is an honour indeed. Many thanks to Владимир Михайлович (Vladimir Mihaylovich).

I'm ok with any Russian text as my page automatically translates .
General Discussion / Vladimir Askinadzi
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 08:18:28 AM »
I know you are following the General discussion so I am opening the topic here. Askinadzi has joined the forum, Владимир Михайлович (Vladimir Mihaylovich) are his first and patronymic names. Please do not reproach him to translate what he has to say. This is the only exception we are going to make for this forum. I will translate what he says keeping the Russian text. This is great honor and once in a lifetime opportunity to ask him questions.
General Discussion / Re: The Search
« Last post by GlennM on May 03, 2024, 10:31:16 AM »
 A little foot dragging is permissable back then. After all the snow gets deep.
« Last post by Teddy on May 03, 2024, 05:24:55 AM »
I asked Askinadzi this question, but he doubts this option.

So do I.
« Last post by Axelrod on May 03, 2024, 05:03:37 AM »
I sense a question here but I am not quite sure what it is. You mean how come they didn't find them if they searched consistently?

I had an assumption that the Mansi realized that they were getting a good salary for searching (this can be seen in the radiogram), and they had no other ways to earn that kind of money
therefore, it is beneficial for them to search as long as possible. And so they found everyone on the last day, when the next day they wanted to cancel the search, at least for Mansi.

I asked Askinadzi this question, but he doubts this option.
« Last post by Teddy on May 02, 2024, 09:35:23 PM »
but how if 2nd shift through 5th shift consently search??????

I sense a question here but I am not quite sure what it is. You mean how come they didn't find them if they searched consistently?
Remember no one has ever done this before, and with an absent investigator. This is why Ortyukov (military) took over.
But yes, many people ask how could Slobodin's body be missed for 6 days if he laid in a straight line between Kolmogorova and Dyatlov? This will remain a rhetorical question, no one can explain what was going on on the pass. Scratch this, they are trying to explain, Askinadzi says he didn't think (or maybe hope) they will find anything. I believe all of them were with this mentality, they knew the task at hand, but didn't believe it's happening.

There is much more information and photos from the search:

NAMES

https://dyatlovpass.com/rescuers#groups

PHOTOS

1st shift UPI February 23 - March 9

2nd shift UPI March 13-23

3rd shift UPI March 24 - April 6

4th shift UPI April 6-17

5th shift UPI April 17-27

6th shift UPI April 27 - May 8

General Discussion / The Search
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on May 02, 2024, 07:04:30 PM »
Everyone and Teddy:

This regarding the Search parties and what was 2 months span...remember the 10 feet of snow...but how if 2nd shift through 5th shift consently search??????     sending images;

1st Shift : UPI February 23 - March 9 : Bodies found on 27 Feb 1959 :Doroshenko and Krivonischenko and Igor Dyatlov, Zina Kolmogorova

Four 4 day lapse to the next search
                                                         Body found on 5 Mar 1959 : Rustem Slobodin

2nd Shift: UPI March 13-23
3rd Shift : UPI March 24 - April 6
4rd Shift : UPI April 6-17
5th Shift : UPI April 17-27
6th Shift : UPI April 27 - May 8
                                                          Bodies found on 5 May 1959 :Lyuda Dubinina, Kolevatov, Zolotaryov and Thibeaux-Brignolle

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10