The fault with conspiracy theories

<< < (2/14) > >>

Charles:
nothing here

Charles:
nothing here

Ziljoe:

--- Quote from: Charles on August 26, 2022, 09:37:55 AM ---Dear Ziljoe,

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on August 25, 2022, 06:58:51 PM ---The official"unknown compelling force"  is not a conclusion..... Just a statement that they don't know.
--- End quote ---

Not a conclusion, a statement that they can't reach a conclusion, that they can't make a statement about the case, I understand. But therefore, can we understand that they knew the truth as "Those who know don’t talk" and that, when others later said "slab slip exacerbated by catabatic wind", these ones didn't know the truth as "Those who talk don’t know" ? Or is it incorrect ?

And would you say that "Those who know don’t talk." is a conspiracist statement ? Or not ?

--- End quote ---

I'm a bit confused Charles. My interpretation is they, or the powers that be , who investigated, just don't know. Hence the statement" unknown overwhelming force"

GlennM:
But to return to the main point, if the hikers were deliberately killed, directly or indirectly, it makes no sense to leave corpses to be discovered. Discovery leads to cause of death  investigation, which leads to ruling foul play in or out. Why risk that if you are a murderer?  We are reminded that bodies were easily found initially. Far better to hide the bodies or feed them to the beasts than to give the authorities evidence to be used against you when you get caught.Too, as I suggested, if the killings were ritualistic, then the remains are going to be posed to send a message. I think conspiracy theorists try too hard to force an exotic explanation.

The hikers were exhausted from breaking new trail, going uphill in snow and across Dyatlov Pass.  They sheltered at elevation 880 so as not to lose ground. Their cold camp was pitched where a slab slip could happen if conditions were right. They were. The hikers misjudged the distance to the forest to wait out the weather and the night.,Everything else that transpired was an effort to survive.

Charles:
nothing here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version