Victims and Case Files > Case Files

Inspection Of The Tent

(1/9) > >>

Loose}{Cannon:

SteveCalley:
The largest areas of damage to the tent by far are two similar rectangular voids separated by a strip of material perhaps 40-50 cm. wide which itself seems to be sliced at the bottom, making a hanging flap. The whole opening if the material in the center is free on the sides and bottom, seems to be perhaps 150 cm.
The voids are very rough at the top, but quite neat along the vertical edges. At the base, the voids do not appear to remain connected to some flap of material. They show the same shredded appearance as at the top.
Where is the corresponding tent material to these voids? Inside, or outside?
How were these made?  This looks strike to me.

cz:
Hi,

Thanks for making all this available!

There is something which puzzles me about the case file drawing of the tent and the (English version) of the caption (photo no. 1).
It says that the shaded areas indicate sections where the cloth was "missing". Does this mean that the canvas was completely removed (blown
away by the wind or so) or was it still attached to the tent canvas at the lower or upper side? The drawing itself seems to indicate a complete
removal, which I find strange.

Does somebody know?

Cheers,
cz

WAB:

--- Quote from: cz on April 10, 2018, 12:49:55 PM ---Thanks for making all this available!

There is something which puzzles me about the case file drawing of the tent and the (English version) of the caption (photo no. 1).
It says that the shaded areas indicate sections where the cloth was "missing". Does this mean that the canvas was completely removed (blown
away by the wind or so) or was it still attached to the tent canvas at the lower or upper side? The drawing itself seems to indicate a complete
removal, which I find strange.

Does somebody know?

--- End quote ---

Answer in this question give Michael Sharavin who has found tent the first. In conversations at time 2009 … 2015 hi has explained that when they together with Boris Slobtsov have found tent. When they have started to dig out tent by ice axe. Ice axe has been in front and driven to forward rope of tent. As they did not know that is inside under snow, they intensively raked snow a beak of ice axe. There they have touched cloth of tent and have torn it. After that, when reconnaissance group assorted equipment about tent, cloth `s pieces were lost. He could not remember when it has occurred and as where them could carry away by wind or who that another took for other purposes.

Cheers,

Loose}{Cannon:
Thank you WAB...   We value the input!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version