April 25, 2024, 04:08:33 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Evidence of other parties  (Read 13826 times)

February 23, 2023, 01:15:02 PM
Reply #60

tenne

Up the creek in a distance of six meters along the tracks a den was found at a depth of 3 to 2.5 meters. The flooring consists of 14 fir tree and 1 birch tops in the snow. Items were found on top of the flooring.

thank you for posting this. I will investigate what I thought I saw and see if i can find it again

the location of the ravine is still in doubt, 3 different spots were indicated by searchers

https://dyatlovpass.com/ravine

February 23, 2023, 01:17:01 PM
Reply #61

tenne

The flashlight that was found

"Second flashlight was found switched on and depleted battery 450m down the slope."

still indicates to me that it was dropped by outsiders. If the group had a flashlight that was assumed to be working because it was switched on, then they would have seen if there was danger or not and been able to dig out warmer clothing

February 23, 2023, 01:32:20 PM
Reply #62

WinterLeia

It’s just that for some reason, not only do people tend to fail to take the logistics of the whole thing into consideration, but they immediately decide on the most nefarious and sometimes fantastic scenario possible before ruling out the mundane and the common. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There just isn’t that in this case for would-be attackers leaving ice picks, flashlights, and footwear all over the place when they had three weeks to make sure they didn’t do that.
Bad weather could kill poorly equipped and hungry tourists, but history and accumulated experience suggest that bad weather, an avalanche could not kill everyone! Someone would have survived.
Only the order to eliminate tourists leaves no chance!

Bad weather, avalanche, and being executed are not the only things that that could have happened. And, yes, an avalanche can kill an entire group of people. However, I never said I endorse any of those theories. I’ve made my disdain for the avalanche pretty clear, simply because it’s not the kind of place that can generate a killer avalanche. I only brought nature or accident up because if someone did kill them, that is presumably what they wanted people to believe. But the very things people are bringing up to discount those theories are the very things assassins would not do if they killed the hikers and then engaged in a cover-up.

The following users thanked this post: Почемучка

February 23, 2023, 01:36:28 PM
Reply #63

GlennM

After the hikers were found, bit before transport to the morgue, they were kept where?
Dropped flashlight done by (1) half frozen DP9 (2) clumsy search party (3) clumsy killers (4) clumsy Manti. I choose 1.
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

February 23, 2023, 01:57:28 PM
Reply #64

tenne

After the hikers were found, bit before transport to the morgue, they were kept where?
Dropped flashlight done by (1) half frozen DP9 (2) clumsy search party (3) clumsy killers (4) clumsy Manti. I choose 1.

okay, lets go with 1. if they had a flashlight that was presumably working to be carried with them, why would they not use it to see if there was anymore danger from ? or to dig out warm clothing?

February 23, 2023, 02:05:49 PM
Reply #65

GlennM

My guess would be that on the way down to the forest, the light was just strong to pierce the darkness and blowing snow to permit the leader to avoid the rocks along the way. I suspect the light was not used to rummage the tent at the time because the contents were inaccessible and the hurricane winds necessitate getting off the slope,,which they did as evidenced by tracks.

The following users thanked this post: Почемучка

February 23, 2023, 03:39:00 PM
Reply #66

tenne

but the tent was still standing enough that a jacket in the entrance or just outside the entrance, reports are vague. if the light could show rocks, it could show a jacket and a hurricane would blow the tent over, cover all the tracks and there is no way to walk calmly down a slope in hurricane force winds.

Not to mention hurricane force winds would have blown snow to cover a flashlight dropped on the ground so I'm not following your logic of a wind so strong it didn't blow the tent over, didn't cover the flashlights or their tracks but stopped them from searching the tent for clothing

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

February 24, 2023, 08:25:00 AM
Reply #67

GlennM

I think it is all a matter of sequence. In my mind all those described observations can be accounted for in a sequence, as opposed to looking at individual factoids and piecing them together as a puzzle. For me, it compares to piecing together a picture puzzle. Some success cam be had by matching up random pieces, but real progress is made when one starts at a corner and buildsmout from there. The events of Nature and human nature are unidirectional, there is no going back in time. I suggest we would all make gains by thinking that way. As a necessary first step, we must agree on the point of origin. I believe it started and evolved from the DP9's final camp on 1079.

The following users thanked this post: Naufragia, Ziljoe, Почемучка

February 24, 2023, 01:01:35 PM
Reply #68

tenne

I think it is all a matter of sequence. In my mind all those described observations can be accounted for in a sequence, as opposed to looking at individual factoids and piecing them together as a puzzle. For me, it compares to piecing together a picture puzzle. Some success cam be had by matching up random pieces, but real progress is made when one starts at a corner and buildsmout from there. The events of Nature and human nature are unidirectional, there is no going back in time. I suggest we would all make gains by thinking that way. As a necessary first step, we must agree on the point of origin. I believe it started and evolved from the DP9's final camp on 1079.

so you are saying that a hurricane wind wouldn't blow down the tent, cover their tracks, blow away the flashlight but would stop them from looking in the tent for warm clothing? the truth will explain everything, it all has to be looked at. If it doesn't fit then that didn't happen.

February 24, 2023, 01:08:25 PM
Reply #69

tenne

or to use your analogy of a puzzle, if I am understanding it properly, when the puzzle is completed properly, every single piece will fit.

We put a puzzle together one piece at a time, trying to make them fit the picture on the box. We have the picture on the box, the tent is set up, the stove isn't, the bodies are in the spots, the flashlight in on the slope and one on the tent, cut pieces of clothing from people beneath the cedar are found by the den.

How else does anyone solve a puzzle other than one piece at a time?

The following users thanked this post: marieuk

February 24, 2023, 04:40:26 PM
Reply #70

GlennM

The point is choosing between a random approach and a structured one. One can be random and lucky or structured and successful. Just dont apply this logic to games of chance or slot machines.

February 24, 2023, 05:42:40 PM
Reply #71

tenne

If you have a path to understanding what happened, I'm pretty sure that is why all of us on are this forum and would like to know what it is. Could you lay out what steps you believe would lead to a successful understanding of this event? given the use of the term structured approach, what to you is structured?

February 24, 2023, 07:23:47 PM
Reply #72

GlennM

I subscribe to the official explanation recently advanced by Soviet authorities. To put is succinctly,  the inclement weather and the inability of the tourists to make use of frozen streams slowed the ascent toward Dyatlov pass and Otorten. They offloaded and cached supplies and then proceeded to make camp on the slope of 1079, so as to not lose time, nor altitude. The conditions were such that a slab slide occurred forcing the hikers from their tent to the forest below etc, etc.. In other words,  I have no questions as to the " how" of their deaths. They all died of hypothermia, some few coupled with falls, being fallen upon and burned. The "why" of their deaths is that they were not equal to the conditions. Further, they were poorly funded and equipped, not cohesive as a group and had inferior maps. In spite of individual bravery and sacrifice, the DP9 succumbed to the Russian Winter. There was no conspiracy, no cover up, no bogie men. All the political and social fall out that happened after the fact is just the classic NIMBY that happens when precious cargo. Occam's Razor.

For me, all banter and badgering that goes on in the forum is simply individuals more interested in spin and self aggrandizement. Follow the money.

The following users thanked this post: Naufragia, tenne

February 25, 2023, 05:45:41 AM
Reply #73

tenne

I subscribe to the official explanation recently advanced by Soviet authorities. To put is succinctly,  the inclement weather and the inability of the tourists to make use of frozen streams slowed the ascent toward Dyatlov pass and Otorten. They offloaded and cached supplies and then proceeded to make camp on the slope of 1079, so as to not lose time, nor altitude. The conditions were such that a slab slide occurred forcing the hikers from their tent to the forest below etc, etc.. In other words,  I have no questions as to the " how" of their deaths. They all died of hypothermia, some few coupled with falls, being fallen upon and burned. The "why" of their deaths is that they were not equal to the conditions. Further, they were poorly funded and equipped, not cohesive as a group and had inferior maps. In spite of individual bravery and sacrifice, the DP9 succumbed to the Russian Winter. There was no conspiracy, no cover up, no bogie men. All the political and social fall out that happened after the fact is just the classic NIMBY that happens when precious cargo. Occam's Razor.

For me, all banter and badgering that goes on in the forum is simply individuals more interested in spin and self aggrandizement. Follow the money.

thank you for clarifying that and just for curiosity sake, how many times posting the same thing makes an individual more interested in spin and self agrrandizement?

The following users thanked this post: ilahiyol

February 25, 2023, 06:30:06 AM
Reply #74

GlennM

Tenne, snarky responses speak volumes. Try to stifle those urges. You asked, I answered.

February 25, 2023, 07:05:31 AM
Reply #75

tenne

Tenne, snarky responses speak volumes. Try to stifle those urges. You asked, I answered.

"thank you for clarifying that and just for curiosity sake, how many times posting the same thing makes an individual more interested in spin and self agrrandizement?"

so saying thank you and asking for more clarifying information, based on accusations you posted about what other people are interested in quote : "more interested in spin and self agrrandizement?""  is snarky. good to know.

February 25, 2023, 07:35:39 AM
Reply #76

GlennM

There is a SIN scam currently making the rounds in Canada. It starts with an official looking letter. Be advised.

February 25, 2023, 08:44:34 AM
Reply #77

tenne

There is a SIN scam currently making the rounds in Canada. It starts with an official looking letter. Be advised.

and this has what to do with the evidence of other parties at the site? sorry you lost me. Not sure how a SIN scam in canada has anything to do with events in 1959 soviet union

February 25, 2023, 07:52:05 PM
Reply #78

GlennM