April 20, 2024, 12:49:23 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: would math help solve how the injuries happened  (Read 3198 times)

March 03, 2023, 03:38:37 PM
Read 3198 times

tenne

I am not good with math so I am putting this out there for someone much better at it to help with.

According to the autopsy, Lyuda multiple bilateral rib fractures, also called a flail chest

According to what I can find, "Flail chest tends to happen to people who:

Are in motor vehicle accidents.
Fall, especially if you’re older and have osteoporosis.
Are children with conditions such as osteogenesis imperfecta and childhood metabolic disease.
Have been assigned male at birth."

so I am wondering if anyone is good enough at math to calculate just how much force would be needed, roughly, how much snow would have to fall and/or how far she would have to fall to get such an injury.

Its beyond my abilities and I don't know if math could be used in this case but I'm putting it out there

March 03, 2023, 04:49:37 PM
Reply #1

amashilu

Global Moderator

March 03, 2023, 09:26:21 PM
Reply #2

Ehtnisba

I am not good with math so I am putting this out there for someone much better at it to help with.

According to the autopsy, Lyuda multiple bilateral rib fractures, also called a flail chest

According to what I can find, "Flail chest tends to happen to people who:

Are in motor vehicle accidents.
Fall, especially if you’re older and have osteoporosis.
Are children with conditions such as osteogenesis imperfecta and childhood metabolic disease.
Have been assigned male at birth."

so I am wondering if anyone is good enough at math to calculate just how much force would be needed, roughly, how much snow would have to fall and/or how far she would have to fall to get such an injury.

Its beyond my abilities and I don't know if math could be used in this case but I'm putting it out there

This was calculated by WAB in some old  post. The forse equal to hit
Homo homini lupus est!

March 04, 2023, 07:08:09 AM
Reply #3

tenne

did it show how much snow would have had to fall on her, from what height above them to cause the injury and/or it show the distance she would have had to fall, given her own weight, to cause that injury?

i read my post this morning and I'm not sure I worded it right that I am not looking for the math equation, I am looking for the answers it would provide because I do not understand mathematical equations

March 05, 2023, 12:54:22 AM
Reply #4

ilahiyol

It would take at least 10 meters of cold hard snow to injure corpses that way. However, at the deepest point of the snow cave, the height was just over 2 meters. Where they were found, it was even less. Besides, considering they dug a snow cave, it wasn't hard snow in the snow. It was soft. In this case, it is not possible for 2 meters of soft snow to injure them. It's even hard to hurt. Only an unknown Force from outside could have caused these wounds. There is no other choice....There is either the human element or something else.....I think something else....But what is it? I don't know exactly. But I have thoughts.....