March 28, 2024, 09:29:00 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Hit by a car?  (Read 14817 times)

October 05, 2017, 01:31:18 PM
Read 14817 times

Lyndasez

Could be the hikers came across a test zone....

“On December 30, an act was signed on the completion of the prototype of the Sever-2 aerosleigh. On January 2 next, in 1959, the sleigh was weighed and on January 5 it was handed over for testing. During the tests with the sleigh there was an accident - the propeller turned upside down, the propeller was broken.”

October 05, 2017, 01:54:41 PM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Lol.    Is this your final version of events?

dunno1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

October 05, 2017, 02:05:19 PM
Reply #2

Lyndasez

This is the government/military involvment thread, is it not, that’s what I’m leading up to an would like to discuss.

I’m confused, is this a final theory categories, thought they were posted in the THEORY section of this site.

October 05, 2017, 02:13:57 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
No reason to get bent outta shape  wink1

I just didn't know where you are going with this and that the term 'prototype' was exclusive to military.    dunno1

October 05, 2017, 02:21:31 PM
Reply #4

Lyndasez

Well I’m trying to be creative and give others some insight through facts...that might be helpful and new, or give rise to new ideas. The common theories have been beat to ****.

It’s easy to lol someone’s posted info, try expanding on them instead of retreading things already posted everywhere. I post elements of my research that’s factual, to help others along.  A theory isn’t going to be worth very much just based off hunches...

October 05, 2017, 02:23:30 PM
Reply #5

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
By all means... 

October 05, 2017, 06:44:35 PM
Reply #6

Lyndasez

In my initial post about the Aerosled, many might mistakenly observe the photo as a joke, I assure you it isn’t.

[On January 2, 1959, the sleigh was weighed and on January 5 it was handed over for testing.]

"While guarding the borders of the Soviet Union, two border guards observed the track of a border violator. The senior border guard made the decision to follow the enemy. He began a solo pursuit and sent his partner to bring reinforcements. He followed the tracks for 35 km and with fire from his automatic rifle forced the border violators to ground several hundred meters from the border. With the aid of reinforcements that arrived quickly on aerosleds, the border violators were detained”

Some were used for mail delivery, some were military used in the war or border patrol. As you can see above they were handed over for testing JAN 5 1959, month hikers started their trip.

Military version:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:57:14 PM by Lyndasez »

October 05, 2017, 06:56:09 PM
Reply #7

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Ah ha!   grin1

Sooo...  Your saying perhaps the military version was being tested in the area?  'shoot anything that moves' type of testing?   shock1

October 05, 2017, 07:02:48 PM
Reply #8

Lyndasez

Well, I truly think a lot of military testing went on at night in remote areas, due to the Russian paranoia over spy planes or ballons...being able to take photos or spot them in daytime. Plus in wartime ...nighttime advantage.

These guy didn’t really care much about safety, they tested, if an accident took place, they made it disappear or covered it up.

October 05, 2017, 07:13:45 PM
Reply #9

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
This is true...

My only issue with this sort of thing...  Units like this (even in a testing phase) would have a good size personal attachment for maintenance, operating etc.  I would think that would leave a pretty hefty footprint in the form of obvious physical evidence​?  How effective would these contraptions be in the woods or on the slope of the mountain etc?   

My other issue is...  This wasn't a designated testing area.  For anything.   Russia had/has vast expanses of non inhabited bases and ranges to conduct military testing.  Why on that mountain in white out conditions? 

October 05, 2017, 07:33:08 PM
Reply #10

Lyndasez

That could be where the den comes in. I’m convinced the hikers didn’t build that...maintenance, testers ...could’ve been housed there or hid sled there???

In so far as the terrain:

"Sever" transported mail [[in areas where earlier the use of any transport, except dog sleds, was impossible.]]. The average distance of the Severus-2 aerosleigh was 12-15 thousand kilometers per year with an average speed of 30-35 km / h on postal routes. Routes passed through virgin snow, hummocked ice in the frost to 45-50 ° C. Aerosans worked along the Amur River, served the villages along the banks of the rivers Lena, Ob and Pechora. They carried out regular mail and passenger flights in the regions of Siberia, the Far East and Kazakhstan.”

Someone was there...how they got there or reason is an issue, I’m pointing ou it’s possibe, without using a dog sled or helicopter...

October 05, 2017, 07:37:56 PM
Reply #11

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I hear ya...  All very interesting.

I wonder how effective these were over this type or terrain though.  They look like they would only be effective over open tundra or otherwise flat landscapes like frozen lakes etc. 

Heck...  I'm mostly convinced there was no den to begin with.   shock1

October 05, 2017, 07:49:12 PM
Reply #12

Lyndasez

Well I think agents or military were involved in the tragedy, and I have to figure how they got there.

There are no designated testing zones in Russia at this time, you found out later when you couldn’t breathe or grew an extra arm...if you found out at all.

EX:
“Scenes from a film of a nuclear test conducted by the Soviet military on Sept. 14, 1954, in which an atomic bomb was exploded in the air near 45,000 Soviet Army troops and thousands of civilians in the [[Ural Mountains.]]

In the film, which was shown in Paris as a part of a documentary, Soviet veterans said that soldiers had never received adequate medical treatment for the radiation exposure. "Many died not knowing the reason why.”

October 05, 2017, 07:52:11 PM
Reply #13

Lyndasez

A wooded area:

Open area:

October 07, 2017, 10:34:06 AM
Reply #14

Teddy

Administrator
Yes, I've heard of them weird things
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/12/unique-soviet-snowmobiles.html
These can cause a high velocity trauma.

October 16, 2017, 10:37:45 AM
Reply #15

Lyndasez

Yes, I agree...high velocity, powered by aircraft engines.

Also I believe the military vehicles (below) were stationed throughout, readied for an anti-aircraft shoot-down as what happened in 1960 with Gary Powers. They were interested in the study of our spy planes, however Powers destroyed the craft when he ejected.

February 24, 2018, 09:08:12 AM
Reply #16

SteveCalley

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:59:34 PM by SteveCalley »

February 24, 2018, 09:55:08 PM
Reply #17

SteveCalley

As to the "spy rendezvous gone bad" offered by Alexei Ratikin, there's perfectly good reasons why enemy agents don't rendezvous in the lonely wild. They don't trust each other, and mistrust can be lethal. That's why they use dead drops. Much safer.

March 12, 2018, 09:40:23 AM
Reply #18

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
About dead-drops. 

Aren't these types of operations usually carried out in plain sight, as in .... Populated areas where one can blend in and otherwise go un-noticed?  Your talking about one of the most inhospitable places on the planet this time of year. The loggers for instance appeared to not have seen a woman on decades.  I would think strange people moving around in the wilderness or through one of these tiny towns/camps would stick out like a sore thumb.  Especially it these times....    The group had to have special travel passports simply to travel for instance.   

August 22, 2018, 06:35:01 PM
Reply #19

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
In the same way that my Russian friend from Yekaterinburg would dismiss the BEAR theory so he would also dismiss the MILITARY theory. And so do I.
DB