March 18, 2024, 08:21:16 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Empty stomach  (Read 9401 times)

January 27, 2020, 08:47:08 AM
Read 9401 times

Monty

LD final resting place is well documented as is the final position. At base of a step in a brook, on knees head at top of step facing water direction and mouth open. And missing the tongue. Stomach contained small amount of coagulated mass. These are all facts hopefully.
If she passed away Feb 1st, i would expect very little if no water flow in the brook. When found in the spring, melt would be more obvious in the brook. So no tongue would perhaps indicate in the months she lay there, running water eroded the tongue. My question, and i hope this isn't an obvious error, is why was the stomach empty and not filled with melt water?

The following users thanked this post: feijao89

January 31, 2020, 12:47:15 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
LD final resting place is well documented as is the final position. At base of a step in a brook, on knees head at top of step facing water direction and mouth open. And missing the tongue. Stomach contained small amount of coagulated mass. These are all facts hopefully.
If she passed away Feb 1st, i would expect very little if no water flow in the brook. When found in the spring, melt would be more obvious in the brook. So no tongue would perhaps indicate in the months she lay there, running water eroded the tongue. My question, and i hope this isn't an obvious error, is why was the stomach empty and not filled with melt water?

It is mentioned that the stomach contained about 100 g of coagulated blood. When palpating the neck, there is extraordinary mobility of the thyrohyal and thyroid cartilages, but the Hyoid Bone is intact. There is flesh at the neck etc etc. This and other factors suggests to Me that decomposition was not the cause of the missing tongue and other soft tissues.
DB

January 31, 2020, 02:12:29 PM
Reply #2

Monty

Humour me.

January 31, 2020, 02:20:59 PM
Reply #3

Monty

Keeping in mind that 61 years ago something happened that you and I will never understand. As we debate this we should remember that they perished overnight. May God rest their soles.

February 03, 2020, 11:47:08 AM
Reply #4

sarapuk

Keeping in mind that 61 years ago something happened that you and I will never understand. As we debate this we should remember that they perished overnight. May God rest their soles.

But I and many others are trying to understand what actually happened. Thats why we have this excellent Forum.
DB

February 03, 2020, 12:03:36 PM
Reply #5

Monty

What would you suggest as an explanation, assuming all the stated facts were accurate?

February 05, 2020, 01:04:25 PM
Reply #6

sarapuk

What would you suggest as an explanation, assuming all the stated facts were accurate?

Iam not able to suggest an explanation with what facts we have. I could speculate until the Cows come home. We could all do that. Problem is, there appear to be many missing facts, i e, missing evidence. What I do is to try and analyse what facts we have. And thats why this Forum is excellent because everyone as their input and we can each of us learn something from that. For instance THE ROCKET THEORY. That theory can be broken down and examined in detail. And so on. We have more information now than at anytime since the actual INCIDENT.
DB

February 16, 2020, 02:13:38 AM
Reply #7

Monty

If the soft tissue on/in the facial area eroded in the intervening months, would the internal organs not go as well? When I first saw the photos of the four bodies in the ravine, with no theory or context, my initial thought was a blast had stripped their skin off.

February 17, 2020, 10:53:04 AM
Reply #8

sarapuk

If the soft tissue on/in the facial area eroded in the intervening months, would the internal organs not go as well? When I first saw the photos of the four bodies in the ravine, with no theory or context, my initial thought was a blast had stripped their skin off.

Just looking at the photos that we have tells us that most of the bodies didnt seem to suffer Decomposition like you would normally expect. It seems like something other than Decompostion is the cause of the missing skin and eyes and tongue.
DB

February 11, 2024, 11:16:01 AM
Reply #9

Terry1

If she had passed away on February 1st, one would anticipate minimal or no water flow in the brook. By the time she was found in spring, the increased meltwater would have been more noticeable in the brook. is octopus halal Therefore, the absence of a tongue might suggest that running water had eroded it during the months she was there. My query, and I hope this is not a glaring oversight, is why her stomach was empty instead of being filled with meltwater.

February 11, 2024, 12:22:22 PM
Reply #10

Axelrod

I believe that the reason for the absence of the tongue was another, not due to weeks of exposure to the flow of water.
Now try to guess the reason I mean.