March 18, 2024, 06:58:40 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Tempalov memo  (Read 7596 times)

May 16, 2018, 09:44:16 AM
Read 7596 times

Teddy

Administrator
Oleg Nikolaevich Arhipov, author of a monograph on forensic experts in the Dyatlov case, claims to have found a memo dating 15.II.1959 which testifies of the fact that Vladimir Ivanovich Korotaev, the first investigator of Dyatlov case was in cahoots with Vasiliy Ivanovich Tempalov, the Prosecutor in the criminal case to cover the fact that they knew of the death of the students (15.II.1959) before they were found (27.II.1959).

"Vladimir Ivanovich (Korotaev - ed. note)

I am called to report to the deputy prosecutor of the RSFSR (Leonid Ivanovich Urakov - ed. note) in the criminal case of the death of the tourists, and I will be in Sverdlovsk for 2-3 days, so I ask you to look and see that everything is in order. Please take care of the people court claims, If you send cases for further investigation or acquittal, appeal against the verdict also in a 5-day period. All cases are true.

In addition, on the instructions of the regional prosecutor to interrogate the chief of the logging branch of Vizhay Hakimov
----------------------------------------
whether the leader of the tourist group (who died) said that they will return to Vizhay not on 12.II. 59 but 15.II.59.

This needs to be done faster. I'll call you from Sverdlovsk.

15.II.59 (crossed out) 16.II.59. When Reeba is sentenced, if acquitted or the case is sent for further investigation, you must file a contest.
Greetings Procecutor Tempalov. 15.II.59"

Komsomolskaya Pavda article goes further on about the authenticity of the note and if there could be a typo - the month of march III to have been misspelled as II. We know that the case is dating 6.II. because the same typo allegedly occur on Vasiliy Popov's testimony.

Vasiliy Ivanovich Tempalov, the Prosecutor in the criminal case

Vladimir Ivanovich Korotaev, the first investigator of Dyatlov case
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:13:00 AM by Teddy »

May 16, 2018, 11:49:12 AM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Just going to attempt to clarify what we are looking at.

Ivanovich Korotaev   ---->  First Investigator in the DP case

Vasiliy Ivanovich    ----->  Prosecutor in the DP case

So, this is a letter from the prosecutor (Tempalov) to the investigator (Korotaev) in which he states the following...

in the criminal case of the death of the tourists

And...

whether the leader of the tourist group (who died)

The issue is that these statements are contained in a letter dated Feb 15th 1959 but the first victims found were nit until Feb 27th 1959. 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 16, 2018, 11:52:07 AM
Reply #2

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
My thoughts.

I do not see any glaring attempts to cover anything up or otherwise 'shady activity'.  It would appear to me a simple Roman numeral representation of the date was a typo, or otherwise 'brain fart' my the author.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!