March 28, 2024, 03:44:23 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Testimonies Regarding the Tent  (Read 43092 times)

May 29, 2018, 07:50:09 PM
Read 43092 times

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
More on that tent.

The first group to have found the tent was split into 3 groups and the leader was Boris Efimovich Slobtsov.

Boris Efimovich Slobtsov   Борис Ефимович Слобцов   UPI student
Vadim Dmitrievich Brusnitsyn   Вадим Дмитриевич Брусницын   UPI student
Stas Devyatov   Стас Девятов   UPI student       <------------------   No picture or testimony
Yuri Koptelov   Юрий Коптелов   UPI student        <------------------   No picture or testimony
Vyacheslav Krotov   Вячеслав Кротов   UPI student     <------------------   No picture or testimony
Vladimir Lebedev   Владимир Лебедев   UPI student
Vladimir Strelnikov   Владимир Стрельников   UPI student     <------------------   No picture or testimony
Vyacheslav Ivanovich Halizov   Вячеслав Иванович Хализов   UPI student    <------------------   No picture or testimony
Mihail Petrovich Sharavin   Михаил Петрович Шаравин   UPI student, found Doroshenko and Krivonischenko's bodies on Feb 27    <------------------   No picture or testimony
Ivan Fokeevich Pashin   Иван Фокеевич Пашин   Mansi forestert
Alexei Sеmyonovich Cheglakov   Алексей Семёнович Чеглаков   Mansi hunter

SLOBTSOV WITNESS TESTIMONY    <--------- leader of first group of students to 'inspect' the tent.
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-298-300?rbid=17743

The tent of Dyatlov's group was discovered by our group on the afternoon of February 26, 1959.
When we approached the tent we found out that the entrance stood up and the rest of the tent was under snow. Around the tent in the snow stood ski poles and spare skis - 1 pair. The snow on the tent was 15-20 cm thick, it was clear that the snow was on the tent, it was hard.
Near the tent near the entrance to the snow an ice ax was stuck

Hard snow covering the entire tent other then the top half of the entrance which was still supported.   thumb1

On February 26, 1959, we dug snow over the tent and made sure that there were no people, and the things that were in the tent did not touch. With me was the student Sharavin. From the tent things were taken on February 27 and 28, 1959. At the same time students Brusnitsin and others were present.
When I looked under the tent on 26.2.59 I saw the tent itself was torn, there were food in the bucket at the entrance, there was a liquid in the jar-alcohol or vodka, there were food in the bags in the legs, the blankets were unfolded, under the blankets spread out cotton woolen jackets, storm bags, and under them rasstalany were backpacks. At the entrance hung Slobodin's jacket, in whose breast pocket money was about 800 rubles. In the tent, apparently, a sheet was hung, which was torn and part of it protruded outward.

"torn".....   no mention as to multiple tears, rips, chunks missing....... nada.   The last part I believe is referring to Slobodins jacket being stuffed into a hole? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. V. PASHIN WITNESS TESTIMONY  <---------------------  Mansi forester attached to SLOBTSOV group.
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-049-050?rbid=17743

Here we have arranged a tent the night, divided into three groups and went to look for the tourists, as a result of searches found a tent with the things that could be seen as the bad it is covered with snow, we did not go into the tent.

So you guys didnt go into the tent eh.....   Thats not what SLOBTSOV says.     bat1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHEGLAKOV WITNESS TESTIMONY   <-------------   Mansi hunter attached to SLOBTSOV group.
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-044-045?rbid=17743

On the second day found the tent tourists which was located in the upper reaches of rivers and Auspii Lozvy at the height of the mountain verhuspiya. It was seen as bad snowed. In it, we did not go. Traces of tourists skiing around the tent to be seen.

Another stating they did not go in the tent.   nea1     Also note, The Dyatlov groups ski tracks seen!

BRUSNITSYN WITNESS TESTIMONY     <-------------------  member of one of the three search groups under SLOBTSOV
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-362-369?rbid=17743

The guys attempting to climb the ridge of height 1079 found an abandoned tent. They brought to the camp three cameras, Slobodin's jacket, an ice axe, which was stuck near the tent, a flashlight found near the tent and an alcohol flask

Good to know......  The first group under Slobtsov to approach the tent brought back items to camp from the Dyatlov tent.   thumb1

(26th) Our group and the two arriving groups of Karelin and Captain Chernyshov did not take part in the search that day. All were busy transporting gear from the pass to the Auspia valley, where it was decided to organize a camp.

Day two of the tent discovery, he has yet to personally see the tent.

On the next morning, the 27th, we continued our search with dogs. The rest, after dismantling the tent, began to probe the snow cover on the pass with ski poles.
After the prosecutor of Ivdel's protocoled the property of the group, it was ordered to me and M. Sharavin to collect things and transport them to the landing site of the helicopter.

Ah.....   one of the tent draggers eh....    Note...  tent dismantled on the 27th. 

The rest of the things were in disarray in the tent.
Apparently the group was in the final stage of dressing and preparing for the night at the time of the incident. In the near to te entrance part of the tent were found a few crusts from the loin. There are rusks scattered all over the tent.

Crap scattered all over the place by now!       And why the hell did they have so many rusks?  Other reports state 2 to 3 bags of rusks!!!    shock1      That must have been some outstanding rye bread!!!   Where did these rye rusks come from??

On top of all things lay a ski pole cut into several pieces, on which, apparently, the northern end of the tent was stretched. Render a ski pole unusable, especially when the group didn't have a spare, is possible only under special circumstances.

This is the infamous "tactical tripod" that acording to the Ball Lightening theory was used to...... capture images that dont exist.    nea1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V. L. LEBEDEV WITNESS TESTIMONY   <---------  member of one of the three search groups under SLOBTSOV gives testimony to what SLOBTSOV told them upon meeting them at the campsite.   This is relayed information to a guy that was not at the first discovery of the tent himself.
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-313-315?rbid=17743

they went along the slope of the elevation to the black spot attracting their attention, which was torn and half-buried by Dyatlov's tent. From their words, only the front part of the tent was not spilled. Near the tent was lying (or rather stood) an ice ax, with which they tried to dig up the piled up part of the tent in the hope of finding someone there. They also found a cut of one slope of the tent.

He was told they found 'a' cut on the slope of the tent.       wink1

Since it was already late, they, having captured an ice pick, camera, diary (it seems, Slobodin), a Chinese flashlight and some. other things, which I do not remember exactly, returned with a guide to the place where they slept and told us about what they saw

The first party to reach the tent ,used the axe found near the tent........ to hack away at the evidence buried below.  thumb1

The middle of the tent failed, the tent itself was torn, maybe our guys (Sharavin and Slobtsov) broke it, but on the slope that was turned down, there was a clear even cut, made in my knife.

Whoa whoa whoa there cowboy.....  you say the middle of the tent failed.... is there perhaps a support pole in the middle of this tent that could have damaged the canvas upon its collapse?     There is that word again.... 'torn'.  This isn't a plural usage of the term being used by all these guys, and he blatantly admits that "maybe our guys (Sharavin and Slobtsov) broke it"     bat1 bat1

The next day LEBEDEV WAS at the tent..... 

The next day, in the morning, in the presence of Comrade Ivanov, all things from the tent were extracted Lebedev (signature) / Two lines crossed out by me Lebedev (signature) /

Sheet 315
There were many items in the tent. Near the entrance of the tent, which I believe was open, lay the stove inside its case. The pipes of the latter were inside the stove, which indicates that the stove was not attempted to be diluted (crossed out), although behind the tent on the street at the rear end of the tent in the snow I found a log, undoubtedly intended for the stove.
Inside the tent were found buckets, at the entrance lay an ax, it seems, 2, and saw in the covers. In the head (if you stand facing the entrance of the tent, then on the right side of it, which is lower on the slope) there were personal belongings of the deceased and food products (?) From backpacks. At the very end of the tent, things were discovered by Dyatlov (a field bag containing money, documents, diaries, a camera, etc. Then Slobodin and Kolevatov lay in my place, because there were their belongings. At the entrance to the tent lay either the duty officer or the manager that there were cut pieces of ham found here, and it seems that only one piece was eaten (there was a crust), in one of the mugs there were, in my opinion, the remains of oatmeal porridge, possibly the morning remains. "our guys broke up when, for the first time, an ice pick cleared In general, there were few products in the tent (five days at most), which convinced us that the woodpeckers had made a storage, which we later learned from the diary, it seems, was Dyatlov, and then found out by the crocs they composed. /> In the tent there were several pairs of felt boots, except for one pair of shoes, almost all the outer clothing. In the tent we found a ski stick from which the upper end was cut along the neat end cut and another incision was made. This suggests that apparently someone stayed in the tent much later than others, maybe for a day. Because the person from nothing to do will not cut the stick, which can still come in handy. In one place of the tent she was torn and then fastened with a pin.

"In one place of the tent"  shock1    Sooooo,  "torn' and fastened with 'a' pin.....   okey1     Funny,  SLOBTSOV the day before and in his testimony didn't mention anything about opening the front of the tent.     neg1

A TMANAKI WITNESS TESTIMONY  <---------  member of Karelin rescue group
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-209-220?rbid=17743

On February 26, at 12 noon, we were loaded into a helicopter and dropped off on the saddle to the right of the scallop on the pass to Lozvy and a height of 880
on the pass (the first) met several people from the group of Slobtsov who approximately indicated to us the location of the tent of the group Dyatlov. The rest of the people of the Slobtsov group were at the scallops on the pass, because later discovered the discovery of
... influenced them, that they are completely demoralized and lost all capacity for work

They did not make a detailed inspection of the tent, because they explained that they were afraid to see their comrades in it.The tent stood sideways to the slope by the entrance to the east, the entrance was unbuttoned but piled in half with buckets

the north side of the tent was torn

There's that non plural terminology again.......  Im not seeing any further description of multiple tears, holes, flaps, missing chunks..... nada.

V. I. TEMPALOV WITNESS TESTIMONY  <------------  The Prosecutor in the criminal case
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-309-312?rbid=17743

At first glance, the tent was covered with snow. It was installed on a platform leveled by the students dug out. A tent with a windy side was torn in the middle part.

'Middle part' eh........   thats it!?   At least he noted the tear was on the windy side.    nose1

This is the only place where Tempalov found damage in the tent, which means that there were no cuts from which the tourists were escaping from the tent!

a flask empty from alcohol or vodka, the smell was felt------------I got the impression that the students drank vodka and had a snack

whist1

From a number of testimonies of witnesses it is clear to me that these days in the mountains and not only in the mountains there was a strong wind and it was very cold. Based on the discovered bodies (in the number of five people), the situation in which they were to me it becomes clear that all the students were frozen, the attack on them is excluded

nose1

E.P. MASLENNIKOV WITNESS TESTIMONY  <------------Master of Sports, Head of the UPI sports club
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-062-075?rbid=17743

28.2.59 was examined Tent Dyatlov. Tent inspection showed that it remained almost all personal belongings Group, as well as public equipment.

Feb 28th? 

its entrance facing the south side and on that side extensions were intact, and stretching north side disrupted and therefore the entire second half of the tent was covered with snow

The north side was 'disrupted'.   nose1     Now only half the tent was covered in snow.    whacky1

When the inspection was over the tent, we dragged her to the helipad at a distance of 600-700 meters.

Holy batshit!   700 freaking meters man!!!!    Thats a crazy long distance to be DRAGGING one of the most important articles of evidence over jagged rocks and ice! 

Sections, cuts, and huge holes in the north side of the tent appeared after Tempalov VI. He examined the tent and instructed the students to collect it and all the things and drag it 700 meters to the helicopter to be transported to Ivdel for "research" . The tent was frozen to dense snow, so the students cut out and pulled it out of the frozen snow and ice.

Pull out the contents (likely through the side)

And chop/slice/shovel that tent out of the hard ice encrusted snow in which its half buried in.   Dig men..... dig!

Now....  drag that sucker 700 meters over rocks and ice to the chopper.....  stat!

Meanwhile back in Ivdel the young rookie investigator Vladimir Korotaev and a cunning seamstress have no darn clue what to make of it other then assumptions.    bang1

The tent was in terrible condition, with multiple tears, and cuts and in some places there were punctured and burned holes, and 2 large pieces of canvas were cut / torn out of its lateral part. It is impossible to imagine how it was possible to conduct research on the tent, after it was ruined by search students.

So....... what have we learned from this? 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 01:35:07 PM by Teddy »
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

The following users thanked this post: Teddy

May 29, 2018, 08:15:24 PM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Now.....    lets take a look at this inspection of the tent case file and the analysis of the cuts that were reported as having been made from the inside.

As a result of the foregoing, and when examining the edges of all the damages on the tent, one can conclude that three damages /conditionally marked № 1, 2, 3 / came as a result of contact with some sharp weapon /knife/, i.e. are cuts. Yet the rest of the damage is a tear.

So the cuts shown above are the ONLY ones of the ENTIRE tent that are reported to be cut from the inside. 

Now.......   Does anyone here believe NINE full size adult bodies jumped out of those holes? 

Where are the analysis reports on cuts made from the outside?

Is it possible said 'inside' cuts are nothing more then a result of being chopped/dug out of the icy hardened snow using shovels and ice axes?  Or perhaps the results of having been dragged 700m = 1/2 mile over sharp rocks and ice?

Is it possible said inside cuts were created after damage to the tent resulted in the material being peeled back exposing the inside making it now..... the outside? 

It is of my opinion that there can be NO declaration based on any substantive evidence the 9 victims ever sliced their way out of the tent to begin with. And along with that, any theory solely based on them having done so is HEAVILY flawed. 

Those who saw the tent after the search students "worked" with it attributed the cuts made by the search students to Igor Dyatlov's group. Then, based on this false "fact", a legend was created that Igor Dyatlov's group cut the tent during their departure.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:18:59 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

May 29, 2018, 08:54:02 PM
Reply #2

CalzagheChick

You have made one hell of an argument and now I see why your brain is fried.

What have I learned from this?

Where'd this flask of alcohol come from? I've never seen this testimony before. So was there alcohol or not?

No matter, if 9 people took a big swig out of a flask of vodka to cut the winter chill after hunkering down for the night, I don't see them being piss-ass fall-over drunk. Just partaking of a time-honored Russian tradition.

May 29, 2018, 09:02:48 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
So was there alcohol or not

Yes, and it would appear to be two flasks/jars, because SLOBTSOVs group took one back to camp day 1 of 'inspecting' the tent.  TEMPALOV found one that was still inside the tent.    tongue2

May 30, 2018, 01:13:58 PM
Reply #4

CalzagheChick

You need to consider seeing a physician for that serious ADHD you have. I don't know how you are able to turn over so much information at the speed that you do, but Adderall is a hellofa drug.

Whatever keeps you moving all over this site, navigating it like nobody's business, knowing every detail of every document available to support every argument that exists in the forum. Kill the competition like a man on a mission, eh? THIS IS NOT NORMAL! Your handle, LC, is insanely fitting. You are indeed a rogue agent among us and unpredictable as all get-out.

Look, I get tired just looking for the supporting evidence for any discrepancies I need to hand over to Teddy to be fixed or even just if I want to write a thread to stimulate Forum activity. You seem to be able to jump from document to document and the documents are spread from one end of the Site to the other in semi-organizational order. What you are doing is taking evidence from the victims section for example and another thing from the search party category then you go into the Forum and pepper your thread with bits and pieces from conversations...but it's like you know every single document that exists within the entirety of the Site, and you know exactly where to find it whenever you need it at any given time. Not just that, you know exactly what singular evidenciary piece you need to copy/paste within the document or circle within a photograph.  Then to pull all of it together in one argument in one place....

You work like you yourself are a computer. We can't even begin to keep up with you!You need methamphetamines man!

I honestly think that whole thing should be featured on the front page of the Site authored by you! It's truly great work.

Also, I think you should cut and paste it to somehow fit in with the Inspection of the Tent thread in Case Files since this is under Witness Testimonies.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:18:38 PM by CalzagheChick »

May 30, 2018, 01:23:04 PM
Reply #5

CalzagheChick

So was there alcohol or not

Yes, and it would appear to be two flasks/jars, because SLOBTSOVs group took one back to camp day 1 of 'inspecting' the tent.  TEMPALOV found one that was still inside the tent.    tongue2

I thought I read somewhere that one flask certainly belonged to Kolevatov. The one that the initial search party used for their toast that evening when somebody stepped out of line and suggested they were drinking to the dead rather than the lost is actually the medicinal alcohol that was brought with them as part of the emergency/first aid supplies.

NOTE: I will gladly move this inquisition to another appropriate thread if we have one just tell me where.

May 30, 2018, 02:21:03 PM
Reply #6

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Do you drink rubbing alcohol?

From what I read.....  nothing about medicinal alcohol, and Im guessing nobody actually knows who owned the (2) containers. 

May 30, 2018, 03:09:06 PM
Reply #7

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
You need to consider seeing a physician for that serious ADHD you have. I don't know how you are able to turn over so much information at the speed that you do, but Adderall is a hellofa drug.

Whatever keeps you moving all over this site, navigating it like nobody's business, knowing every detail of every document available to support every argument that exists in the forum. Kill the competition like a man on a mission, eh? THIS IS NOT NORMAL! Your handle, LC, is insanely fitting. You are indeed a rogue agent among us and unpredictable as all get-out.

Look, I get tired just looking for the supporting evidence for any discrepancies I need to hand over to Teddy to be fixed or even just if I want to write a thread to stimulate Forum activity. You seem to be able to jump from document to document and the documents are spread from one end of the Site to the other in semi-organizational order. What you are doing is taking evidence from the victims section for example and another thing from the search party category then you go into the Forum and pepper your thread with bits and pieces from conversations...but it's like you know every single document that exists within the entirety of the Site, and you know exactly where to find it whenever you need it at any given time. Not just that, you know exactly what singular evidenciary piece you need to copy/paste within the document or circle within a photograph.  Then to pull all of it together in one argument in one place....

You work like you yourself are a computer. We can't even begin to keep up with you!You need methamphetamines man!

I honestly think that whole thing should be featured on the front page of the Site authored by you! It's truly great work.

Also, I think you should cut and paste it to somehow fit in with the Inspection of the Tent thread in Case Files since this is under Witness Testimonies.

Bah...    Your too kind!     Its just a collection of testimonies regarding the tent and my commentary.   

May 30, 2018, 03:35:18 PM
Reply #8

CalzagheChick

That's the problem. Everything is so spread out it's hard to keep up with everything and in this case it comes together to put everything into perspective in one place. That's what we need to be doing with a lot of the other evidence!

May 30, 2018, 05:28:15 PM
Reply #9

cz

Now.....    lets take a look at this inspection of the tent case file and the analysis of the cuts that were reported as having been made from the inside.

As a result of the foregoing, and when examining the edges of all the damages on the tent, one can conclude that three damages /conditionally marked № 1, 2, 3 / came as a result of contact with some sharp weapon /knife/, i.e. are cuts. Yet the rest of the damage is a tear.

So the cuts shown above are the ONLY ones of the ENTIRE tent that are reported to be cut from the inside. 

Now.......   Does anyone here believe NINE full size adult bodies jumped out of those holes? 

Where are the analysis reports on cuts made from the outside?

Is it possible said 'inside' cuts are nothing more then a result of being chopped/dug out of the icy hardened snow using shovels and ice axes?  Or perhaps the results of having been dragged 700m = 1/2 mile over sharp rocks and ice?

Is it possible said inside cuts were created after damage to the tent resulted in the material being peeled back exposing the inside making it now..... the outside? 

It is of my opinion that there can be NO declaration based on any substantive evidence the 9 victims ever sliced their way out of the tent to begin with. And along with that, any theory solely based on them having done so is HEAVILY flawed. 

Those who saw the tent after the search students "worked" with it attributed the cuts made by the search students to Igor Dyatlov's group. Then, based on this false "fact", a legend was created that Igor Dyatlov's group cut the tent during their departure.

What an impressive and valuable collection of material!  clap1

My reading of Churkina's report is that she studied all damage and could only identify three cuts. All of these were made from the inside. So that would mean there are no cuts made from the outside.

Cuts 2 and 3 may have been longer or even connected, given that the canvas was obviously already lost when Churkina analyzed the tent.

I agree that many options are conceivable as a cause of these cuts. To me, the Dyatlov group remains one of them. Escape may not have been the initial reason to cut the tent though.

The notion of "torn" is one of the red lines in the testemonies. Just one point which may be worth keeping in mind in interpreting these statements. These people certainly talked to each other and whitnesses and their memories are often easily influenced by others (a sufficiently influential person amomg them suffices). One sign for this is common terminology. No idea whether this is relevant here. Just a remark and of course I do not know the Russian text...

May 30, 2018, 05:45:03 PM
Reply #10

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
If 2 and 3 were connected, this would mean someone managed to cut an elaborate 'S' shape into thick icey canvas for a side departure of 9 adults at waist level.    wink1

I just find it ironic how all three of these 'cuts' have the same curve radius that looks a lot like the curved head of a........  shovel. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:43:24 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

May 31, 2018, 03:58:45 PM
Reply #11

cz

If 2 and 3 were connected, this would mean someone managed to cut an elaborate 'S' shape into thick icey canvas for a side departure of 9 adults at waist level.    wink1

I just find it ironic how all three of these 'cuts' have the same curve radius that looks a lot like the curved head of a........  shovel.

It is true. Connecting 2&3 requires an awkward move. Quite unlikely.

I had a similar impression about cut 1. It consists of 3 individual sections, which I thought might have been caused by a shovel head (photo 4). However, two of them start exactly from within another -- no overlap. Unlikely if caused by a shovel. Might be three cuts starting with the right one on photo 4.

And yes. Neither cut have been very useful for an escape.

June 01, 2018, 05:14:52 AM
Reply #12

Mash

Hmmmm..., no  nea1, I don`t think that's ironic. Let me try to explain and do a little experiment: Lay your back on the floor. Put a blanket/cover over you (it's like a tent that fell on you). Lift your arm and make a movement with your finger as if you were cutting the blanket. You will see it would not be a straight line but it would look like a light "C" or a curved head of a shovel.

(My theory is the "snowboard theory" that surprised the group in the tent and this description fits to this experiment).

Hope you understand me... perhaps my english isn`t sometimes very clear  excuseme .
Wer schweigt stimmt nicht immer zu. Er hat nur manchmal keine Lust mit Idioten zu diskutieren (Albert Einstein)

June 01, 2018, 07:54:35 AM
Reply #13

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Except cut #1 actually is comprised of two separate shovel stabs, and cut #2 the curve direction is opposite of the other two....  and your theory.    wink1

Plus,  cut #2 would require an unrealistic arm length. 

June 01, 2018, 11:33:49 AM
Reply #14

Per Inge Oestmoen

I fully agree with all the above, without any reservations.

There is no reason whatsoever to take for granted that the nine students made the cuts in the tent, and there is even less ground for assuming that they left the tent through these cuts. Is is good that we seem to be able to put that myth to rest once and for all.

June 02, 2018, 12:02:56 AM
Reply #15

Teddy

Administrator
Excelent work Loose}{Cannon.

Semyon Zolotaryov with a bag of rusks in city of Serov - 24 Jan 1959

... but what you have circled in the images from 41st district is fresh bread

Dyatlov Group diary

The weather’s really good. The wind is at our backs, and the lads made a deal with the locals for a horse to drive us to Second North settlement.
But it will be about 24 km from the 41st Settlement. We helped Uncle Slava unload hay from a carriage and waited for the horse (it went to get more hay and wood). We waited until 4:00 PM.
The boys started copying some songs. One man sang beautifully. We heard a number of illegal prison songs (Article 58 counter-revolutionary crimes).
Before that we bought four loaves of bread. Soft warm bread. We ate 2 loaves.
Horse is slow. What a pleasure to go without backpacks.
We covered 8 km in 2 hours. (River Ushma).
It's getting dark. The horse is causing the delay. Yuri Yudin is still with us. He suddenly fell ill and he can't continue with the trek. He wants to gather few minerals for the University and return.
Second North is an abandoned geological site consisting of 20-25 houses. Only one is suitable for living. In complete darkness we found a village and the house. We started a fire with wood boards. Smoke came form the stove. Several people hurt their hands on old nails. Everything is well. Then the horse came. We were talking and joking till 3 in the morning.
Doroshenko
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:33:22 AM by Teddy »

June 02, 2018, 05:20:35 AM
Reply #16

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
How do you know the bread is fresh?    lol1

In the quoted text, I don't seem to find anything about the scene of that picture.     dunno1

If they payed the loggers for this bread.....   I'm even more suspicious of the bread, and loggers.    bat1

Geez...   wonder why these guys know prison songs.    I save that for later

June 02, 2018, 11:37:00 AM
Reply #17

CalzagheChick

Because the journal entry written that day specifically states that they ate fresh, warm bread? Someone took the time to actually write out that oddly specific detail. I'd say it's rather important to keep in mind when looking at the photos and seeing a bunch of kids with bread in hand.

June 02, 2018, 12:00:21 PM
Reply #18

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Are we sure thats the day....  I.E, picture and entry?

June 02, 2018, 02:05:46 PM
Reply #19

Teddy

Administrator
The photo and the entry are from the same day. What do you think are they eating?
https://dyatlovpass.com/diaries?lid=1#27jan

June 02, 2018, 02:13:22 PM
Reply #20

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The photo and the entry are from the same day. What do you think are they eating?
https://dyatlovpass.com/diaries?lid=1#27jan

I dunno....  there is 24 hours in a day, and that bag Zolotaryov was carrying is in the picture.... opened.   Lets play 'wheres the rusk bag'.     lol2

OK...  they ate bread.   How does this change anything?

June 02, 2018, 03:21:24 PM
Reply #21

CalzagheChick

I don't know it's just fun to follow you in every thread and bat for the opposite side of your argument  lol1 lol2

Seriously though, I do think they were eating fresh, warm bread--NOT husks--just because of the diary entry itself: it was like he was writing about it in an other worldly sense--that fresh, warm bread is a delicacy. They were savoring the moment. They wanted to eternalize this memory of this fresh, warm bread and took a picture to remember all of the wonders of the fresh, warm bread in their hands on a really cold day in the snow.

Nothing like fresh, warm bread you know? Ever walked into a kitchen where fresh, warm bread is baking? The smell of yeast from fresh, warm bread is like "home" and a hug. Fresh, warm bread is the sustenance of generations since antiquity after all.

June 02, 2018, 09:40:30 PM
Reply #22

Marchesk

No matter, if 9 people took a big swig out of a flask of vodka to cut the winter chill after hunkering down for the night, I don't see them being piss-ass fall-over drunk. Just partaking of a time-honored Russian tradition.

There's no amount of drinking I've ever done that would cause me to abandon a warm tent for trying to survive the Siberian winter in the woods. But then again, I'm not one to pass out in the bushes. Always found may way home to a bed.

Still, 9 people aren't going to be pass-out drunks that manage to hike a thousand meters to a mile in deep snow without shoes to the woods, and then build a fire and make a snow den.

June 02, 2018, 09:44:16 PM
Reply #23

Marchesk

There is no reason whatsoever to take for granted that the nine students made the cuts in the tent, and there is even less ground for assuming that they left the tent through these cuts. Is is good that we seem to be able to put that myth to rest once and for all.

But it makes the story so much better! I'm now convinced as well that there's no way to say they cut their way out of the tent. It's amazing how every single recounting of the incident has them cutting their way out of the tent.

It makes me wonder what else everyone got wrong.

June 02, 2018, 09:49:52 PM
Reply #24

Marchesk

Do you have a theory as to what happened? So they probably didn't cut their way out. That means they were neither buried, smoked out, or freaked out to the point of destroying their tent (or at least exposing the inside to the cold). Nor did some other group cut it open to force them out.

So now what? They exited the tent the old fashioned way and proceeded to hike down to the tree line without proper clothing? Because ...?

June 02, 2018, 09:56:19 PM
Reply #25

Marchesk

This suggests that apparently someone stayed in the tent much later than others, maybe for a day. Because the person from nothing to do will not cut the stick, which can still come in handy.

I've never seen this speculation before. Interesting! Is it possible one of them stayed behind? But that makes no sense, because the next day they should have been able to leave the tent fully clothed. And how could they stay behind if there was such an emergency that the other eight had to flee?

Leaving one person behind at the tent to help guild them back to the tent would make sense, if the problem was inside the tent, and that person was more fully clothed because they had left the tent to take a leak, or snap pictures of lights in the sky. But then what?

June 04, 2018, 07:05:11 AM
Reply #26

Mash

Except cut #1 actually is comprised of two separate shovel stabs, and cut #2 the curve direction is opposite of the other two....  and your theory.    wink1

Plus,  cut #2 would require an unrealistic arm length.

First, we quickly forget this drawing. For me it's just an undetailed, inaccurate drawing I can not work with:

This one is much better and more detailed. You can work better with these things (then things become clearer):

source: http://taina.li/forum/index.php?topic=5623.0
Wer schweigt stimmt nicht immer zu. Er hat nur manchmal keine Lust mit Idioten zu diskutieren (Albert Einstein)

June 04, 2018, 07:26:26 AM
Reply #27

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

Is this an official sketch from the case files I'm not familiar with?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:11:22 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

June 04, 2018, 06:22:01 PM
Reply #28

CalzagheChick

June 04, 2018, 07:16:32 PM
Reply #29

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Here's the deal. 

We have ONE original drawing (the one you don't like).  Clearly shown on the original drawing used as evidence of the case is 'cut' #3 having a curvature that is the opposite direction from 'cut' #2.

Unfortunately, the new sketch is fake news.  The curvature of 'cut' #3 has been inverted to match the curvature orientation of 'cut' #2.   This is yet another failed attempt to alter facts and reality for the sole purpose of pushing an agenda based narrative.  The sad part is, whomever thus far has seen this scetch has been fooled. 

Just keeping it real. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:10:56 AM by Loose}{Cannon »