There are several accounts (maybe there is only one.. just quoted by others?) that say morgue staff and those present at the autopsies were made to take a bath in a vat of alcohol.
This always seemed bizarre to me and I don't know what purpose it can serve. The more I look into it the stranger it seems... Not only does alcohol dry out the skin, thus increasing the possibility of infections via superficial cracks in the skin, it is also poisonous in large quantities. It seems like full body immersion results in acute alcohol poisoning due to the amount absorbed via the skin plus the fumes breathed in.
For disinfection, it is enough to wash affected areas with soap and water. Are there any dangerous compounds that are not dissolved in soapy water, and aren't absorbed by the skin (in which case taking a bath in alcohol will be pointless anyway), but are dissolved in alcohol? I can't think of any. Radioactive dust is carried away by taking a shower in water much more effectively. Anyway if the bodies were radioactive, the safest thing to do is wear protective lead, or better yet, freeze them and wait a few weeks until the radioactivity reduces to safe levels, instead of conducting an autopsy without any protection and then bathing in alcohol... If there were nerve agents present on the bodies, these are absorbed into the skin, taking a bath is ineffective.
To me it seems like this episode is pure fantasy?