March 28, 2024, 01:02:09 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: My culprit - Thermobaric bombs dropped on the group on purpose  (Read 20395 times)

January 17, 2019, 11:53:56 AM
Reply #30

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Well, I guess they could see the tent from the lookout post in the tree, but not from the ground because there were smaller trees in front of them blocking the view. What would they have seen if there was neither a winterstorm nor heavy snow drifts? They were young and had good eyes. They'd probably seen a tiny black dot against the brighter snow background. I'm quite sure that could locate the tent. And they could send light signals to three on the slope or at least tell them the location of the cedar (with torches) . The ravine was probably a place to rest whereas the cedar was a place to lookout and communicate. They might have had shifts - > Zorotaryov with Dubininas coat and hat? Was he on his way to the lookout shift?

They were very organized, not ready to die.

regards

Dominov

Yeah, I think your right about using both the ravine and the tree.

It's a good point about the visibility. Mint was dark so not sure what they could see in those conditions.  They didn't have any torches though as far as I know.  They dropped one 400 metres from the tent.

January 17, 2019, 03:15:35 PM
Reply #31

sarapuk

But I cant see how a so called Thermobaric bomb or bombs could cause all of the types of injuries to the Dyatlov Group and not leave any TRACES whatsoever. And how can a bomb remove someones tongue and associated parts and not do great damage to the other parts of the head etc  !  ? 
DB

January 17, 2019, 04:10:12 PM
Reply #32

Star man

But I cant see how a so called Thermobaric bomb or bombs could cause all of the types of injuries to the Dyatlov Group and not leave any TRACES whatsoever. And how can a bomb remove someones tongue and associated parts and not do great damage to the other parts of the head etc  !  ?

Good questions, especially considering Semyon was wearing Lyuda's hat and coat.  I doubt that Lyuda would have parted with her clothes when alive so both Semyon, Lyuda and Kolevatov could not have been killed at the same time by a single explosion.

Also consider this.  If the cedar was only used as a vantage point to look up the slope, why would Dorishenko climb the tree if the others could?  Dorischenko had moss and pine needles in his hair, and minor cuts and abrasions consistent with climbing the tree, but he had severely frost bitten hands and toes.  Why even attempt to climb the tree when others could climb and act as look outs etc?

January 18, 2019, 12:54:16 AM
Reply #33

Monika

Good questions, especially considering Semyon was wearing Lyuda's hat and coat.  I doubt that Lyuda would have parted with her clothes when alive so both Semyon, Lyuda and Kolevatov could not have been killed at the same time by a single explosion.

Also consider this.  If the cedar was only used as a vantage point to look up the slope, why would Dorishenko climb the tree if the others could?  Dorischenko had moss and pine needles in his hair, and minor cuts and abrasions consistent with climbing the tree, but he had severely frost bitten hands and toes.  Why even attempt to climb the tree when others could climb and act as look outs etc?

I see that the three Ljuda, Zolotarev and Thibo were injured at the same time, but each one was injured to a different extent. Because Ljuda had a little amount of blood mass in her stomach, she had to live with her wound for some time (a few minutes), and she died first. Kolevatov was not with them during attack and was not injured. What could have hit them, that's a mystery. I really do not know (explosion, wave,...?).

If it was necessary to climb to the tree to see what was happening at the tent and if the tent is accessible for their return, it was necessary  that only one person climbed to the tree (Doroshenko). Why would there be more? The Doroshenko frostbite could only happen after he got out of the tree.

January 18, 2019, 02:43:57 AM
Reply #34

Dominov

Some more visualisations...

Now I am pretty sure about the location of the tent having compared the perspective to the pictures taken by the search team.
The area where they chose to stay in the forest is wind-protected (More trees, denser forest, see yellow area).
The slope of the ravine (green) is not a killer avalanche slope neither having an average inclination of 19%.
The ravine itself is not a super canyon where you fall in and die (it's actually visible on Google Earth). It's merely a small wavy creek in the slope of the hill. Nothing deadly.

Big picture:

Ravine slope inclination:

Doroschenko didn't have gloves or mittens.... yes. But have you ever tried working with mittens? It's not possible.

I'm no longer sure about the bombing theory.... hmmm. But why were there burned tree tops?
I'm pretty sure that there were no avalanches on that mountain. Avalanches will most likey never occur there.

The three on the slope don't make sense at all. Did they go as group and died one by one on the way uphill? Did the follow each other?

A lot of things don't make sense....

regards

Dominov

January 18, 2019, 04:56:53 AM
Reply #35

Star man

Some more visualisations...

Now I am pretty sure about the location of the tent having compared the perspective to the pictures taken by the search team.
The area where they chose to stay in the forest is wind-protected (More trees, denser forest, see yellow area).
The slope of the ravine (green) is not a killer avalanche slope neither having an average inclination of 19%.
The ravine itself is not a super canyon where you fall in and die (it's actually visible on Google Earth). It's merely a small wavy creek in the slope of the hill. Nothing deadly.

Big picture:

Ravine slope inclination:

Doroschenko didn't have gloves or mittens.... yes. But have you ever tried working with mittens? It's not possible.

I'm no longer sure about the bombing theory.... hmmm. But why were there burned tree tops?
I'm pretty sure that there were no avalanches on that mountain. Avalanches will most likey never occur there.

The three on the slope don't make sense at all. Did they go as group and died one by one on the way uphill? Did the follow each other?

A lot of things don't make sense....

regards

Dominov

I’m not sure but I think the tree line was further back in 1959.  I think the cedar was near the front of the tree line.

Doroschenko was one of the least well dressed along with Krivonischenko ( even before their clothes were removed by the others).  Their injuries suggest that when they climbed the tree they had hold on brace themselves with their legs and forearms.  Look at the injuries around Doroschenko’s arm pits. It looks like he was hanging on the tree with the branches under his arms rather than using his hands. I could be wrong though. Have a look yourselves.  All of the group had minor abrasions and cuts similar to those you would expect from rubbing and scraping against tree branches?

I personally do think you are on the right track. My hypothesis is similar to yours but the details vary quite a bit.  Also I think it was a low yield trategic nuc. Detonated on the south east side of Kholat Syakhl at optimum height 200m or there about. The heat flash would skip over the top of the mountain and could scorch the trees but only where they were in line of sight and in the shadow of the summit and ridge lines.

January 18, 2019, 07:59:23 AM
Reply #36

Dominov

Yes, the treeline was further back in 1959.

Maybe the cedar was located at the forest edge at that time.

A low yield tactical nuke.... This means that someone warned them (with flashlights?) or that they knew it would come. Maybe they saw it coming. But then again they couldn't know that whatever was coming was an imminent threat.

This Dyatlow thing is mind-boggling. Funfact: The cedar tree and the ravine are very close to their planned route (see image below). It would have taken them 45 minutes to descend on their skis but instead they chose to pitch the tent at the slope of the Dead Mountain in a snow storm? And then walk down in socks without gloves or shoes.... to a place 60 meters away from their planned route where six of them die.

They keep watching the slope. What's happening there? Two die at the cedar. The others take pieces of the dead's clothes and build a place to rest in the ravine, 50 meters from the cedar. The 4 in ravine are somewhat crushed. Three chose to return to the tent, keeping a distance of 200 meters to the front «man». They die alone in the snow? This doesn't make sense. The whole story doesn't make sense. Something isn't right here. Obviously.

The planned route (blue):

January 18, 2019, 08:42:50 AM
Reply #37

Star man

Yes, the treeline was further back in 1959.

Maybe the cedar was located at the forest edge at that time.

A low yield tactical nuke.... This means that someone warned them (with flashlights?) or that they knew it would come. Maybe they saw it coming. But then again they couldn't know that whatever was coming was an imminent threat.

This Dyatlow thing is mind-boggling. Funfact: The cedar tree and the ravine are very close to their planned route (see image below). It would have taken them 45 minutes to descend on their skis but instead they chose to pitch the tent at the slope of the Dead Mountain in a snow storm? And then walk down in socks without gloves or shoes.... to a place 60 meters away from their planned route where six of them die.

They keep watching the slope. What's happening there? Two die at the cedar. The others take pieces of the dead's clothes and build a place to rest in the ravine, 50 meters from the cedar. The 4 in ravine are somewhat crushed. Three chose to return to the tent, keeping a distance of 200 meters to the front «man». They die alone in the snow? This doesn't make sense. The whole story doesn't make sense. Something isn't right here. Obviously.

The planned route (blue):

Good questions and good points.

I meant to say south west side of the mountain.

I think there was some warning that something was going on, but if it was a nuke then they would not have been aware of the danger until it was too late. Saying that I think they were reasonable well protected from the heat flash, radiation pulse and wind blast as they were probably shielded by the mountain summit. It would have scarred the life out of them and brought most of them out of the tent.  It is what happened next that I think is responsible for most of the events that follow.

I will post my hypothesis soon as it be easier to understand all together rather than in snippets.

I still have a few things to work out.

January 18, 2019, 09:29:04 AM
Reply #38

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Also, complexion of body skin, not burned but roasted.
Also, gray hair on the bodies, roasted.
Also, burned tree tops

All fake news.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

January 18, 2019, 10:11:43 AM
Reply #39

Dominov

Also, burned tree tops

All fake news.

I'm doubtful about these speculations, too.
Fact is that several of them had plenty of  unusual injuries. Is it just the Sibirean winter that causes abrasions, bruises, cuts, cranial trauma, broken ribs, missing eyeballs? And how likely is it that the majority of a group of 9 people is injured multiple times?

If I didn't know better I'd say this is a hoax.

January 18, 2019, 02:51:13 PM
Reply #40

sarapuk

Also, burned tree tops

All fake news.

I'm doubtful about these speculations, too.
Fact is that several of them had plenty of  unusual injuries. Is it just the Sibirean winter that causes abrasions, bruises, cuts, cranial trauma, broken ribs, missing eyeballs? And how likely is it that the majority of a group of 9 people is injured multiple times?

If I didn't know better I'd say this is a hoax.

Whats a hoax  !  ?  We have all the available facts and evidence apart from anything that is missing obviously.  The Dyatlov Mystery is exactly that, a mystery, for now.
DB

January 31, 2019, 12:59:15 PM
Reply #41

varuna

HI Dominov
To be direct, your proposition is the first I can tell possible to a large extent / loco1
1) Never good hikers would had left their shelter : fire smoke ? Just drop the stove outside
2) the place was safe enough in the context. , snow conditions, hills and so on
3) I do not believe a trained hiker woul had changed of goal( another way than predicted) without a good reason : forbidden area ?
As i am thinking about all the the background, was it 100% sure it  was only a holiday matter ? I could imagine some kind of milatary extreme testing stuff .
Some gus died like that some years in moutains ( Alps ) only from hypothermia
https://www.letelegramme.fr/fait-divers/savoie-un-caporal-de-l-armee-meurt-d-hypothermie-en-montagne-17-03-2016-10996710.php
( these guys are really the best of the force in mountains )
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:02:11 AM by varuna »
le luxe c'est l'eau chaude ( former swiss colonel)
( luxury is hot water)