Theories Discussion > General Discussion

The Missing Photographs

(1/4) > >>

sarapuk:
There is already a Topic on the Cameras, and also certain Photos, but what about the Missing Photographs.  While walking in a small Forest near where I live, on Saturday, I started thinking about the last Photos that any of the Dyatlov Group took.  We dont know exactly the time scale from leaving the Tent till all of their deaths.  But by all accounts it could have been longer than an hour.  You can do a lot in an hour.  You can compose yourself and take plenty of Photographs.  They may well have taken more Photos.  But for some reason those Photos went Missing.  Now of course we are told that some film was found but that it was water damaged.  But film can be submerged in water for a long time and survive especially in lower temperatures.  What happened to that film  ?  !

beak:
I agree about the film. I used to develop 35mm films myself in the 90's and know a little bit about them. The same as Zol's book which had nothing at all written in it (allegedly). Clean up operation. This is why LD's tongue is so interesting because you have to ask who did that and why? (assuming the mass in the stomach is correct.) Who would have the will and the time to do something as appalling as that? Extreme anger or punishment (or just plain psychotic behavior) can be the only answer for that. Maybe when facing certain death she was becoming even more outspoken than usual(?). It's the only clue that a clean up is unlikely to have tampered with. Unless one of the people she encountered (argued with) along the way said "bring me her tongue". Maybe the rest of the group were just collateral damage. This would also explain why they pitched the tent to provide a vantage point AWAY from the tree line. She clearly wasn't happy about something. It seems they also didn't light a fire that night (would have given away their position). Whatever the case - they clearly were not preparing for the following day in a nominal fashion. I also haven't read much about the Blinov group who I would have thought were of great interest in all of this.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: beak on July 22, 2020, 02:02:04 PM ---I agree about the film. I used to develop 35mm films myself in the 90's and know a little bit about them. The same as Zol's book which had nothing at all written in it (allegedly). Clean up operation. This is why LD's tongue is so interesting because you have to ask who did that and why? (assuming the mass in the stomach is correct.) Who would have the will and the time to do something as appalling as that? Extreme anger or punishment (or just plain psychotic behavior) can be the only answer for that. Maybe when facing certain death she was becoming even more outspoken than usual(?). It's the only clue that a clean up is unlikely to have tampered with. Unless one of the people she encountered (argued with) along the way said "bring me her tongue". Maybe the rest of the group were just collateral damage. This would also explain why they pitched the tent to provide a vantage point AWAY from the tree line. She clearly wasn't happy about something. It seems they also didn't light a fire that night (would have given away their position). Whatever the case - they clearly were not preparing for the following day in a nominal fashion. I also haven't read much about the Blinov group who I would have thought were of great interest in all of this.

--- End quote ---

Thats an interesting point you raise about NOMINAL.  Position of Tent.   2 of the Group on guard preparing for the night.  Cameras to hand but what happened was so dramatic and clearly scary that they all fled the Tent ASAP. Maybe they did get to take photos on the way down to the Treeline  !  ?

beak:
You also have the issue that Bienko Slavik was replaced by Zol at the last minute. This upset the girls. If the facts are correct then "Zol" was dug up 2-3 times for DNA testing over the years and there was no match to is cousins. "Zol" was described as someone who popped up here and there then moved on in 24 hours. What kind of person has the will and funds etc to accomplish that?(james bond?) The camera may have been placed around the neck of "a body" in the ravine to make it seem as though it was "Zol". If so : who WAS that person with the camera in the ravine? And where did the real "Zol" go? If he was fully clothed (he was on guard) then it would be easy for him (with his experience) to pick them off then wait for the conditions to weaken them and finish them. But why? Or was he just a psychopath? If his body wasn't the one in the ravine there where did he go next? What else did he do over the following decades? Why did Dyatlov not share his route plans with the others? That is  irregular because if something happens to him then the others need to know where they going or how to get back. Same as the golden rule that you ALWAYS carry your own kit (incase the person carrying yours falls off a mountain). The whole thing is weird - from the very start and ALL of the way through from day 1.

Or - more chilling - all of this is what he meant when he said "the whole world will know about this". A psychopath  -  and all of this was his intended outcome.(Psychopaths can be quite charming when they need to be though.) And he got to stick around and watch the world agonise over what might have happened.

hoosiergose:
@Beak
You have shared a very interesting & thought provoking concept-
I have always thought that Semyon (aka Sasha) was the odd man out and perhaps his presence is key to solving this mystery. I still say that this event has homicide written all over it.
IMHO - this was a cold calculated killing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version