April 17, 2024, 08:12:21 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: What Semyon was Holding
« Last post by eurocentric on April 08, 2024, 10:15:21 AM »
In this photo Semyon appears to be wearing a wrist compass on the left arm.

Vintage Soviet wrist compass:

These all seem to have thin leather straps, and maybe the strap snapped and so at autopsy the compass appears to be across the hand? Or, as you suggest, it's a mistranslation.

I studied the photo's of Semyon's hand and IMHO I think what is taken as a small pen, like a bookie's pen, is in fact the natural crease of his palm. That and the gesture of his hand gives the impression he is making notes. And it's hard to see how a paper notepad could survive months of ravine meltwater.

General Discussion / Re: AVANLANCHE THEORY
« Last post by eurocentric on April 08, 2024, 09:51:24 AM »
I voted Very Unlikely.

And I would never stand on one.  grin1
General Discussion / Stas descends 1 mile in socks (Feb 1, 2024)
« Last post by Axelrod on April 08, 2024, 05:40:41 AM »
Recorded by Oleg Taymen (–) this winter on 1079.
Stas Evdokimov (=) descends 1 mile in socks

- So, come here! Yeah, what kind of bag do you have? The time is exactly 2 hours (minus one minute) local time. The sun is here... How many kilograms are in your hands?

= Approximately 40 kg. In socks.

- So, let's film... Look! You see, that crap over there is bent. Go to her!

= Okay.

- He will go on the extreme... I will go next to him. And everyone is trampling on the tracks nearby, to the right of us, every meter to the right, to the right of us... No, no, no, no need here! Dyatlov's group was starting to descend there. I'll tell you when to turn.

- Fine. Bag 160 liters. The largest one that could be found in St. Petersburg. (Stas came from St. Petersburg). Come on, come on, Stas! burn! Oh, Stas also wore a helmet! Stas, go over there!.. Take your time, Stas, take your time! I say you will fall, Stas! Take it a little to the right! take it to the right! yes, that’s how it is, meter Alexey. Let’s trample on each other’s tracks a meter apart. Yeah, a little to the left, Stas, a little to the left... What would we do without Stas? Stas is a handsome avalanche, what is he doing? And what is he doing that is completely incomprehensible; not a single catcher has ever done it here in the winter. Stas, you are the first, you are the best. Stas, just your feet. Look carefully over the rocks, right over the rocks. Yes, yes, to the left! to the left a little to the left tomorrow the day after tomorrow we will examine these traces. Let's see what's here. Well, really, if there is wind, if there is no wind. The wind died down. In the morning the wind died down completely, stopped straight away. The most important thing is Stas's traces. They are on the left, everyone else is on the right. Tomorrow we will examine Stas's tracks, look for the heel of his boot. Stas is coming, he left at exactly 2 o’clock local time. I recorded the position of the Sun. Stas, take your time! We can't keep up with you. This is a monster! This is a record holder! at the 5000 me, the university record holder, though I don’t know who competed with Stas, but the university is historical. Probably athletes are runners at universities. Here Stas is the best! No one has yet broken his record. What he does is incredible miracles! He carries 40 kg in his socks. We are also simultaneously fulfilling the task of Alexander Alekseenkov, filming our entire transition. Slope, ridges of stones... Visually I see, there’s a ridge of stones, in front of us, between the second and third ridges, we need to pour it, look for more, don’t forget this. We need to look a little to the left there, it’s so bad San, that’s why they were saving water. Although we brought with us a lot of 5-liter bottles, we drank it all, during the evening we saved water in the morning, we drank a cup of coffee, a mug of tea. Who is drinking coffee now, today, today, we are going to the stream for another reason: we need water. We are here without water if we melt the snow. Firstly, we won’t have time to melt enough snow to give everyone water. Secondly, this is gas consumption. If you heat it on a stove, it will take a very long time. This is really serious work - going for snow and melting it, constantly adding it to the pot. So, now... I just can't catch up. He runs somewhere away from me in his socks, here are his tracks. By the way, these are the footprints of a person walking quickly with a load. These are his footprints, this is the width of his step.

(...rustle of steps in the snow...)

Soon we will launch another quadcopter where the trio (Zina, Ristem, Igor) were in the crooked forest area, much lower.

Stas! How does it feel? on the legs?

= I don’t feel anything at all...

- How are they anyway? Is it even a little cold? Are your feet cold?.. Stas! I do not hear you! He says he can't feel his legs anymore.

= I don’t feel anything, as if I were wearing shoes.

- Yes, he speaks as if he were wearing shoes. Doesn't feel anything like wearing shoes. What this means is unclear. Either they were already frozen. He froze them off, so he doesn’t feel them. Maybe he's just not cold!

= I’ll still go without a hat and without a hood.

-Are you going to go without a hat? Do you think a medical helicopter will still come for you when you get sick? You better wear a hat! You probably won't need a helmet, but wear a hat. Why didn’t you release the avalanche tape, since there is an avalanche slope here?

(Explanation: An avalanche cord is an easy-to-make device: distance marks from the owner and an arrow in the direction to him are placed on a ribbon of bright material 10-20 m long. The man was fastening the cord to his belt. In the event of an avalanche, rescuers had to see the tape exiting to the surface and, digging out the cord, got to the person.)

= An avalanche is only possible above where the spur is.

- Ahh. She can't be here?

= Not clear yet.

- Well, here, where you and I just went?

= This needs to be measured, I can’t say... The bag is very heavy.

-You don’t understand visually? You’re not afraid that now you’re walking and you’ll provoke an avalanche, and it will come down and drown you?

= I'm not afraid here yet...

- So, you don’t feel the danger of an avalanche. You understand that there cannot be an avalanche here, where we are going. This is good. Well done!

We continue to follow Stas. But the guys are still recording from other angles, because they don’t trust our experiment. They want to check everything personally and record everything. We are so handsome! It’s hard to say what Stas is checking while carrying the load. But we'll ask him later. Apparently this is some kind of experiment that only he understands. We will study these traces tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. And now, just like last year in March, we walk without skis, calmly walk around the rocks that stick out, or sometimes even step on them. Here Stas’s leg collapses, because he is walking with a heavy load, and he himself weighs 200 kg, and we are lighter. Guys, our legs don’t sink as much as his, because 200 kg of his weight, plus another 40 kg bag, is 240 kg.

(Voice: We also have a larger sole area.)

- And he’s wearing socks, his legs sink more - it’s obvious. And so far I haven’t failed at all. Here I go, somewhere the crust is cracking. We catch the desired angle, and from above from a quadcopter, all for the sake of experimentation. So, I left Stas behind. Well, a monster man, a man of unreal physical strength!

What is he doing! A 40 kg bag is dragging me, but I don’t have time to catch up with it. At the same time, he doesn’t seem to be in a hurry. As he says, he just carries it, that’s all. He also put on a helmet, probably in case of an avalanche, most likely.

(the sound of footsteps in the snow)

Soon there will be a zone of crooked forest... The slope is blown, hard. Here I will show you. Andrey sometimes falls through, sometimes not... He falls about 5-7 cm,... We continue moving, I can’t catch up with them yet. It's dangerous to run away. No, you can run. Yes, Andrey, try to run 20 meters as quickly as possible. As quickly as possible. No, don’t take a big step, you might fall! Quickly - you have to mince... Come on! When moving quickly, the step is not long, it is short. And when moving slowly, the step is also short. Therefore, it is impossible to determine whether the group was running or walking slowly by the length of their stride. This is 100% because there is a danger of slipping and falling. Therefore, you need to move quickly with a mincing run, one might say, with a quick gait. Sometimes your leg falls through, you can just fall... Oh, it's warm! Do you feel how warm it has become here? We haven’t even reached the point of crooked woods yet, but it can be felt that it has become 3-4 degrees Celsius (5°F) warmer. Because we're going down. Here I just want to undress, take off my jacket. Stas slowed down a little - apparently he was tired... Now we will ask his feelings. We are already entering the crooked forest zone...

Stas, Stas, take it a little to the right! We'll drown there in the deep snow. I need to come out here. Place of Zina Kolmogorova. There's a place over there.

Voice: I have it to the left.

- Oh, are you looking at the navigator?

[-] There is 20 m, there is actually a strip. Nobody knows the exact location. We don’t need to go to that clearing, there might be snow there and we’ll start to fall through. You need to go to a place where there are fewer trees, there is a greater chance that the slope is blown. So, we are watching Stas...

- Who will tell you the exact time?

14:13, February 1, 2024. 65 years ago the Dyatlov group was here.

Stas has already been carrying 40 kg in his socks for 14 minutes. A man of extraordinary physical strength, a man of simply extraordinary tenacity and willpower! It has all this in it. And he has a higher historical education, he is a historian, he has analytical thinking. Well, now think, where? Move like that! Now you can feel our legs starting to sink a little more. Where there are trees, you fall through more because there is more snow drifting between the tree trunks. We are looking for a crooked birch, on the way back we will look in more detail. Stas, tell me how you feel, how are your legs?

= It’s very warm, I don’t feel any cold at all. When I walked along a dense path in the forest near my house, I felt cold from the density of the snow. А здесь я вообще не ощущаю...

- Do you often wear socks?

= Yes, I'm freezing. If I'm freezing at home, I put on socks.

- No, I’m talking about how often did you walk through the snow and carry a load at home?

= One time only. But sometimes in the forest I took off my shoes...

- And this is the second time... so, Stas just fell, his legs flew out.

= It's because I'm chatting with you...

- Because without a protector, he only has socks. He fell, his legs flew forward, so he fell.

= I walked inattentively because I was distracted by the conversation.

- He fell on his lower back. You can even see the trail where he fell... My tongue is already freezing and my thoughts are confused. You won't get much better from a picture like this. Now take the left! We don’t need to go down there because the snow is deep there. You need to go as far as possible along the blown slope. Where there are no trees. There will be a strong crust there. To the left, right on that birch tree...

= The fact is that it’s very dangerous for me to walk so diagonally. My foot might slip.

- No, there you will find yourself in deep snow! It's a little wrong... You have to go a little here.

= Is it normal?

- Yes, it's normal here. We are still looking for the crooked thick birch tree. A thick, crooked birch tree. Stas is still wearing socks. What now? Are your legs okay? Stas, of course, took boots with him just in case. Another thermos. To reanimate the legs in case of some moments. Did you take alcohol to rub your feet? No, I didn't take it. Well, there is tea, and we will rub our feet with sweet tea...

This is where we started to fail. Now the guys have stopped there, they are, in my opinion, launching a quadcopter. I think so. But we continue to move with Stas. We will then insert the quadcopter here into this video, what they saw there. Here Stas began to fail even more. That's a complete failure! the first time, in my opinion, knee-deep... I walk next to him and don’t fall through. I don't have any cargo. I myself weigh 40 kg, and I have nothing on my shoulders. I’m dragging behind me a sled with empty bottles, where I’ll later collect water... By the way, here are the tracks of bare feet! Stas! Traces of bare feet, here they are - toes. Look!

= Straight bare foot?

- Yes, bare foot and toes. It's like you don't have any socks. And you have two socks, two pairs. And who said that they ran barefoot? Here I am following him, here are the traces of bare feet! please, fingers visible. Every finger is visible, every finger. You can clearly see the traces of bare feet.

= And I’m not dead, I’m talking to you, without a hat and without gloves. The only thing is that I’m wearing a helmet so as not to fall, but the helmet has holes.

- And there are definitely no stones here anymore. That's it, you can already take off your helmet and put on your hat. There are no stones here. We went out... Well, just go! Они что-то близко к ручью ушли, сейчас они там проваливаются...

= They're already downstairs, right?

- I see them! They stand by the stream, move around by the stream.

= Do we need to go there?

- We're going fine. I know where the cedar is. You blindfold me and I will find it for you.

Олегн Таймень (-) записывает, как Стас Евдокимов (=)спускается в носках (1 февраля 2024 на 1079):
- Так, иди сюда! Ага, а что за мешок у тебя? Время ровно 2 часа (без одной минуты) по местному времени. Солнце находится вот здесь… Сколько килограмм у тебя в руках?

= Ориентировочно 40 кг. В носках.

- Так, снимаем… Смотри! Вон видишь, вон та хрень загнутая. Иди к ней!

= Хорошо.

- Он пойдёт крайним… Я пойду рядом с ним. А все топчут следы рядом, правее нас, через каждый метр правее, правее нас… Не-не-не, здесь не надо! Группа Дятлова вон туда начинала спускаться. Я скажу тебе, когда повернуть.

- Хорошо. Баул 160 литров. Самый большой, который можно было в Питере найти. (Стас приехал из Санкт-Петербурга). Давай, давай, Стас! жги! О, Стас ещё и каску одел! Стас, вон туда иди!.. Не торопись, Стас, не торопись! Говорю, ты упадёшь, Стас! Чуть правее бери! правее бери! да вот так метр Алексей Давай метр друг от друга следы топчем. Ага левее маленько, Стас, левее чуть-чуть… Что бы мы без Стаса делали? Стас лавины красавчик что творит А что он творит вообще непонятного к ещё не делал ни один человек тут зимой-то не был Стас ты первый ты лучший. Стас ты только ноги Смотри аккуратней по камням прямо по камням Да-да, левее! левее маленько левее завтра послезавтра мы эти следы будем обследовать. Посмотрим, что тут. Ну, правда, если ветер будет если ветра не будет. Ветер стих. Утром ветер стих полностью, прекратился прямо. Самое важное, это следы Стаса. Они слева идут, все остальные правее взяли. Завтра мы следы Стаса будем обследовать, искать каблук сапога. Стас идёт, вышел он ровно в 2 часа по местному времени. Положение Солнца я зафиксировал. Стас, не торопись! мы за тобой не успеваем. Это монстр! это рекордсмен! на 5000 ме рекордсмен университета, правда Кто там со Стасом соревновался, не знаю, но университет исторический. Наверное, спортсмены бывают бегуны в университетах. Вот Стас – самый лучший! Его рекорд ещё никто не побил. Он что творит – это невероятные чудеса! 40 кг на себе тащит в носках Мы ещё попутно выполняем задание Александра Алексеенкова, снимаем полностью весь наш переход. Склон, гряды камней… Зрительно я вижу, вот вон гряда камней, перед нами, между второй и третьей грядой, надо налить, поискать ещё, не забыть но это. Надо маленько левее туда поискать, её так сбой Сан, потому вот экономили воду. Хотя мы завезли с собой много бутылей 5-литровых, всю её выпили, за вечер за утро утром экономили уже воду, прям по чашечке кофе выпили, по кружечке чая.  Кто чает кто кофе сейчас вот сегодня именно сегодня идём к ручью ещё по той причине, что нам нужна вода. Без воды мы тут Если будем топить снег. Это, во-первых, мы не будем успевать столько снега топить, чтобы всех поить. Во-вторых, это расход газа. На печи если его топить, это очень долго. Это прям работа такая серьёзная – ходить за снегом и топить его, постоянно добавляя в котелок. Так, сейчас... Я просто не могу догнать. Он бежит в носках куда-то от меня, вот следы его. Кстати, это следы человека, который быстро идёт с грузом. Вот его следы, вот какая ширина шага.

(...шорох шагов по снегу...)

Скоро мы ещё квадрокоптер запустим там, где тройка (Зина, Ристем, Игорь) была в зоне криволесья, уже гораздо ниже.

Стас! Как ощущения? по ногам?

= Вообще не чувствую ничего...

- Как они вообще? хоть маленько холодно? не холодно ногам?.. Стас! Тебя не слышно! Он говорит, что ног уже не чувствует.

= Не ощущаю ничего, как будто я в обуви.

- Да, он говорит, как будто в обуви. Ничего не чувствует, будто в обуви. Что это значит, непонятно. То ли уже они у него замёрзли. Он себе их отморозил, поэтому не чувствует. То ли ему просто не холодно!

= Я ещё пойду без шапки и без капюшона.

- Ты ещё и без шапки пойдёшь? Ты думаешь санитарный вертолёт за тобой всё-таки прилетит, когда ты заболеешь? Ты шапку одень лучше! Каска вряд ли тебе понадобится, но шапку надень. А почему ты лавинную ленту не выпустил, раз тут лавинный склон?

(Пояснение: Лавинный шнур – простое в изготовлении приспособление: на ленту из яркой материи длиной 10-20 м наносятся отметки расстояния от владельца и стрелка направления к нему. Человек пристёгивал шнур к поясу. В случае схода лавины спасатели должны были увидеть выходы ленты на поверхность и, выкапывая шнур, добирались до человека.)

= Лавина возможно только выше, где отрог.

- А-а. Здесь она не может быть?

= Пока непонятно.

- Ну, вот здесь, где мы с тобой сейчас прошли?

= Это надо измерить, я не могу сказать... Сумка очень тяжёлая.

- Ты так зрительно не понимаешь? Ты же не боишься, что сейчас ты идёшь и спровоцируешь лавину, и она сойдёт вниз и тебя завалит?

= Пока здесь не боюсь...

- Вот, значит, ты не чувствуешь опасности лавины. Ты понимаешь, что лавины здесь не может быть, где мы идём. Это хорошо. Молодец!

Продолжаем следить за Стасом. А вот ребята ещё фиксируют с других ракурсов, потому что не доверяют нашему эксперименту. Они всё хотят проверить лично и всё зафиксировать. Вот такие мы красавчики! А что Стас проверяет, таская на себе груз, пока трудно сказать. Но мы потом у него спросим. Видимо, это какой-то эксперимент, который только он понимает. Вот эти следы завтра и послезавтра мы будем изучать. А сейчас пока вот, как и было в прошлом году у нас в марте, мы идём без лыж, спокойно обходим камни, которые торчат, либо даже наступаем на них иногда. Вот у Стаса нога проваливается, потому что он идёт с тяжёлым грузом, и сам он весит 200 кг, а мы более лёгкие. Ребята, у нас ноги так сильно не проваливаются, как у него, потому что 200 кг его веса, плюс ещё мешок 40 кг – это 240 кг.

(Голос: У нас ещё и площадь подошвы больше.)

- А он в носках, у него ноги сильнее проваливаются – это видно. А я пока вообще не проваливаюсь. Вот я иду, где-то трескается наст. Мы нужный ракурс ловим, и сверху с квадрокоптера, всё ради экспериментов. Так, я от Стаса отстал. Ну, человек-монстр, человек нереальный физической силы!

Что он творит! От тащит мешок 40 кг, а я его догнать не успеваю. При этом он вроде как и не торопится. Как он говорит, просто несёт, и всё. Ещё каску он надел, наверное, на случай схода лавины, скорее всего.

(шум шагов по снегу)

Скоро будет зона криволесья... Склон задутый, твёрдый. Вот я покажу. Андрей иногда проваливается, иногда нет... Он проваливается где-то 5-7 см,… Продолжаем движение, догнать их я что-то не могу пока. Опасно разбегаться. Нет, можно бежать. Да, Андрей, максимально быстро попробуй 20 м пробежать. Максимально быстро. Нет, широкий шаг ты не делай, так упасть можно! Быстро - это семенить надо... Давай! При быстром движении шаг - он не длинный, он короткий. И при медленном движении шаг тоже короткий. Поэтому различить, бежала группа или шла медленно, по длине шага – невозможно никак определить. Это 100%, потому что есть опасность навернуться и упасть. Поэтому двигаться быстро надо семенящим бегом, можно сказать, быстрой походкой. Иногда нога проваливается, можно просто упасть... О, тепло! Чувствуете, как стало тепло здесь? Мы ещё до криволесья не дошли, а чувствуется прямо, что градусов на 3-4°С (5°F) стало теплее. Потому что мы спускаемся вниз. Здесь мне прямо раздеться хочется уже, курточку снять. Стас маленько притормозил – видимо, устал... Сейчас мы спросим его ощущения. В зону криволесья мы уже входим…

Стас, Стас, чуть-чуть правее возьми! Мы там в глубокий снег утонем. надо вот сюда выйти. Место Зины Колмогоровой. Вон там место.

Голос: У меня левее.

- А, ты по навигатору смотришь? ****

[-] Там 20 м, там на самом деле полоса. Никто не знает точное место. Вон на ту поляну не надо, там может быть снег, и мы начнём проваливаться. Надо идти по месту, где меньше деревьев, там больше шансов, что склон задутый. Так, наблюдаем за Стасом.... ***

- Кто скажет точное время?

14:13, 1 февраля 2024 года. 65 лет назад здесь была группа Дятлова.

14 минут уже Стас в носках несёт 40 кг. Человек необычайной физической силы, человек просто необычайного упорства и силы воли! Всё это в нём есть. И у него высшее историческое образование, он историк, у него аналитическое мышление. Ну сейчас думай, куда? Вот так двигайся! Сейчас у нас ноги, чувствуешь, начали чуть сильнее проваливаться. Там, где деревья, ты проваливаешься больше, потому что наметает больше снега между стволами деревьев. Мы ищем кривую берёзу, на обратном пути мы будем более подробно искать. Стас, скажи ощущения, как там твои ноги?

= Очень тепло, вообще не ощущаю какого-либо холода. Когда я ходил по плотной дорожке в лесу у дома, я ощущал от плотности снега холод. А здесь я вообще не ощущаю...

- А ты часто в носках носишь?

= Да, я мерзлявый. Если я дома замерзаю, то я надеваю носки.

- Нет, я про то, часто ли ты дома ходил по снегу и носил груз?

= Один раз только. Но иногда в лесу я разувался...

- И это второй раз... так, Стас сейчас упал, у него ноги вылетели.

= Это потому что я с тобой болтаю...

- Потому что без протектора, у него только носки. Он упал, ноги вылетели вперёд, поэтому упал он.

= Я шёл невнимательно, потому что отвлёкся на разговор.

- Упал он на поясницу. Вот даже видно след, куда он упал... У меня уже язык замерзает и мысли путаются. От такой картины ещё не так навернёшься. Теперь влево бери! Не надо нам туда спускаться, потому что там глубокий снег. Надо идти максимально по задутому склону. Там, где нет деревьев. Там будет крепкий наст. Вот левее, прямо на ту берёзу...

= Дело в том, что так наискосок мне очень опасно идти. У меня может нога поскользнуться.

- Нет, там ты попадёшь в глубокий снег! Маленько не туда... Чуть-чуть надо вот сюда идти.

= Нормально?

- Да, тут нормально. Кривую толстую берёзу мы ищем ещё. Толстую кривую берёзу. Стас пока в носках. Что сейчас? Ноги нормально? Стас, конечно, взял с собой ботинки на всякий случай. Термос ещё. Чтобы реанимировать ноги в случае там каких-то моментов. А спирт ты взял, чтобы ноги растирать? Нет, не взял. Ну есть чай, и мы будем ноги растирать сладким чаем...

Вот тут уже мы начали проваливаться. Сейчас ребята там затормозили, они квадрокоптер, по-моему, запускают. Я так думаю. Но мы продолжаем двигаться со Стасом. Квадрокоптер мы сюда потом вставим в это видео, что там они увидели. Вот Стас начал ещё сильнее проваливаться. Вот прям конкретно провалился! первый раз, по-моему, по колено... Я иду рядом с ним и яне проваливаюсь. У меня нет груза. Я сам весом 40 кг, и на плечах у меня ничего нет. Я тащу за собой саночки с пустыми бутылками, куда я буду потом набирать воду… Кстати, вот следы босых ног! Стас! Следы босых ног, вот они - пальцы. Смотри!

= Прямо босая нога?

- Да, босая нога и пальцы. Как будто нет никаких у тебя носков. А у тебя двое носков, две пары. А кто там говорил, что они босиком бежали? Вот, я за ним иду, вот следы босых ног! пожалуйста, пальцы видно. Каждый палец видно, каждый палец. Вот прямо видно, вот следы босых ног.

= И я не убитый, я с вами разговариваю, без шапки и без перчаток. Единственное, в каске, чтобы не упасть, но каска с дырками.

- А тут уже точно нет камней. Всё, ты уже можешь каску снять и шапку надеть. Здесь нет камней. Мы вышли... Ну, вот так и иди! Они что-то близко к ручью ушли, сейчас они там проваливаются...

= Они уже внизу, да?

- Вон я их вижу! Они у ручья стоят, передвигаются у ручья.

= Нам надо туда?

- Мы нормально идём. Я знаю где кедр. Ты мне завяжешь глаза, и я тебе найду его.

« Last post by GlennM on April 07, 2024, 06:34:28 PM »
A slab slide is not a choice.
Avalanche / MOVED: AVANLANCHE THEORY
« Last post by amashilu on April 07, 2024, 03:49:03 PM »
Yeti / Snowman / MOVED: AVANLANCHE THEORY
« Last post by amashilu on April 07, 2024, 03:45:43 PM »
« Last post by Ziljoe on April 07, 2024, 03:11:50 PM »
Expand please.
General Discussion / AVANLANCHE THEORY
« Last post by gunmat on April 07, 2024, 01:34:38 PM »
lets find out where this forum stands.
Publications / Media / Chief KP editor Sungorkin about Dyatlov Pass
« Last post by Axelrod on April 07, 2024, 12:25:13 PM »
The permanent editor-in-chief of Komsomolskaya Pravda (1997-2022), Vladimir Sungorkin, has died. What was he like? (report 18 Sep. 2022):

- He was only 68. This week, Vladimir Sungorkin, the permanent editor-in-chief of Komsomolskaya Pravda, passed away.

- The latest issue of Komsomolskaya Pravda, as usual, in the printing house - right on time. Only instead of “Hot News” on the front page there is the last photo of the main...

(funeral music)

There is a bustle in the newspaper office. This is what Vladimir Sungorkin lived by.

PAVEL SAKOV (deputy): He created such a model and such a mechanism for the work of the publishing house that we will have the following expression: “If tomorrow we all get sick, the newspaper will still be published!”

- Vladimir Sungorkin started from the bottom - as an ordinary correspondent, but in the era of romance he wrote articles about the construction of the BAM.

SUNGORKIN (archive): I studied at the university and I thought: I’ll graduate from the university and work in the regional newspaper. I didn’t plan it this way, but they told me so. "Fine!" I figured it out myself: I’ll buy a motorcycle with a sidecar and a boat. The district newspaper will be on the river bank. And there I will live my whole life, and they will bury me on a high hill. And that suited me...

- In the era of perestroika, his life, like the whole country, takes an unexpected turn. Sungorkin moves to Moscow. Here he is already deputy editor of the youth department of Komsomolskaya Pravda. But soon the Komsomol itself disappears, the newspaper becomes a joint-stock company, and he becomes its director.

VLADIMIR MAMONTOV (radio station director): And they began to make a weekly newspaper, which immediately began to make a profit. The fact is that any daily newspaper is like heating the stove with banknotes! It is very expensive!

- The first thing Sungorkin changed was the format of the newspaper. Now it is colorful and compact, and it is convenient to read in transport. Komsomolskaya Pravda has the largest circulation in the world - more than 22 million copies. The content changes, but the essence remains. About people and for people. Everything they talk about and are interested in.

SUNGORKIN (archive): We wrote a lot about all sorts of Bigfoot phenomena, flying saucers, all these miracles and adventures. This is our area...

- When the Internet is not available in every home, and this is the end of the 90s, Komsomolskaya Pravda has its own website. The newspaper is published in almost 50 countries around the world, with a supplement published in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Moldova. Now all this is called a media holding.

SUNGORKIN (archive): Well, here in the editorial office there are many such rooms where a journalist can sit and work. They can confer, they can drink tea.

- Vladimir Sungorkin even turned his vacation into a newspaper publication or a documentary film. He organized expeditions to different parts of Russia...

SUNGORKIN: The Dyatlov Pass is really the most mysterious story that I have ever heard... This is a real story that is very interesting to unravel...

- In an attempt to unravel the story of the deaths of tourists, he gathered colleagues and scientists. This was the most serious study in half a century.

EVGENY SAZONOV (editor-in-chief): He started it like working, like traveling, like making a fire.

SUNGORKIN (at the pass in 2019): The fire will reach the earth, and then the earth will be warm. And you can move the fire, sit on the warm ground, and you are completely in chocolate...

- He also loved to travel around his native Far East, fished, explored rivers, and repeated the routes of the discoverers - Dezhnev, Khabarov. On his last expedition, he wanted to follow the path of Vladimir Arsenyev, the traveler and author of the famous story “Dersu Uzala”. Before that, he made a film about him, where he played the main character.

SUNGORKIN (in the movie): What's your last name?
- Goryaninov.
SUNGORKIN: Where from?
- From Kursk, your honor!
SUNGORKIN: Do you have combat experience?
- Yes sir. Port Arthur.
SUNGORKIN: Well done! Are you a good shooter?
- We hit the squirrel in the eye, your honor!
SUNGORKIN: Well done! Aren't you making this up?
- No way!
SUNGORKIN: Well done.

[-] This is the last photo of Vladimir Sungorkin taken during the expedition. He himself did not live to see its completion. But the collected material will definitely appear in the newspaper and on the website. That’s how it was done at the main thing.

Умер бессменный главный редактор «Комсомольской правды» (1997-2022) - Владимир Сунгоркин. Каким он был? (репортаж 18 сент. 2022):

- Ему было всего 68. На этой неделе ушёл из жизни Владимир Cунгоркин - бессменный главный редактор «Комсомольской правды».

- Свежий номер «Комсомолки» как обычно в типографии - точно в срок. Только вместо «Горячие новости» на первой полосе - последнее фото главного...

(траурная музыка)

В редакции газеты - суета. Это то, чем жил Владимир Сунгоркин.

ПАВЕЛ САДКОВ (заместитель): Он создал такую модель и такой механизм работы издательского дома, что у нас будет такое выражение: «Если завтра мы все заболеем, то газета и всё равно выйдет!»

- Владимир Сунгоркин начинал с низов - рядовым корреспондентом, но в эпоху романтики писал статьи о строительстве БАМа.

СУНГОРКИН (архив): Я учился в университете и я думал: вот я окончу университет и буду работать в районной газете. Не я так планировал, а мне так сказали. «Хорошо!» Я сам прикинул: я куплю мотоцикл с коляской и лодку. Районная газета будет на берегу реки. И там я проживу всю свою жизнь, и меня похоронят на высоком холме. И меня это устраивало...

- В эпоху перестройки его жизнь, как и вся страна, делает неожиданный поворот. Сунгоркин переезжает в Москву. Здесь он уже заместитель редактора молодёжного отдела «Комсомолки». Но скоро исчезает сам комсомол, газета становится акционерным обществом, а он - его директором.

ВЛАДИМИР МАМОНТОВ (директор радиостанции): И стали делать еженедельную газету, которая сразу стала приносить прибыль. Дело в том, что любая ежедневная газета - это топить печку ассигнациями! Это очень дорого!

- Первое, что поменял Сунгоркин, это формат газеты. Теперь она цветная и компактная, и её удобно читать в транспорте. У «Комсомолки» самый большой в мире тираж - больше 22 миллионов экземпляров. Меняется содержание, но остаётся суть. О людях и для людей. Всё, о чём говорят и чем интересуются.

СУНГОРКИН (архив): Мы много писали про всякие там феномЕны снежного человека, летающих тарелок, все эти чудеса и приключения. Это наша сфера...

- Когда интернет есть не в каждом доме, а это конец 90-х, у «Комсомолки» появляется свой сайт. Газета печатается почти в 50 странах мира, к ней выходит приложение в Беларуси, Казахстане, Кыргызстане и Молдове. Теперь всё это называют медиа-холдингом.

СУНГОРКИН (архив): Ну и вот здесь много в редакции таких вот комнат, где журналист может посидеть, поработать. Могут посовещаться, могут чаю попить.

- Владимир Сунгоркин даже свой отпуск превращал в газетную публикацию или документальный фильм. Он организовал экспедиции в разные точки России...

СУНГОРКИН: Перевал Дятлова - это реально самая загадочная история, которую я когда ли вообще слышал... Это реальная история, которую очень интересно разгадать...

- В попытке разгадать историю гибели туристов он собрал коллег и учёных. Это стало самым серьёзным исследованием за полвека.

ЕВГЕНИЙ САЗОНОВ (шеф-редактор): Он начал это как работать, как путешествовать, как костёр разводить.

СУНГОРКИН (на перевале в 2019): Костёр дойдёт на земли, и дальше земля будет тёплой. И вы можете сдвигать огонь, садится на теплую на землю, и вы вообще в шоколаде...

- Ещё он любил путешествовать по родному Дальнему Востоку, рыбачил, исследовал реки, повторял маршруты первооткрывателей - Дежнёва, Хабарова. В своей последней экспедиции он хотел пройти тропой Владимира Арсеньева, путешественника и автора знаменитой повести «Дэрсу Узала». До этого он снял о нём фильм, где сыграл главного героя.

СУНГОРКИН (в фильме): Как фамилия?
- Горянинов.
СУНГОРКИН: Откуда?
- Из Курска, ваш благородие!
СУНГОРКИН: А боевой опыт имеется?
- Так точно. порт Артур.
СУНГОРКИН: Молодец! Стреляешь хорошо?
- Белку в глаз бьём, ваше благородие!
СУНГОРКИН: Молодец! Не выдумываешь?
- Никак нет!
СУНГОРКИН: Молодец.

[-] Это последнее фото Владимира Сунгоркина, сделанное в экспедиции. Сам он не дожил до её завершения. Но собранный материал в газете и на сайте обязательно появится. Так уж было заведено при главном.
General Discussion / Re: The Last Leg
« Last post by GlennM on April 06, 2024, 10:22:19 AM »
I subscribe to the standard explanation, meaning the tent was last set on 1079. Why? Primarily, the location of the cache is convincing. That they traversed little ground implies they could not or would not go further. My sense is that they were making slow progress against blizzard conditions. Stubbornness prevented then from retreating a second time back to the site of the cache. Getting the highest grade certification must have made them ,determined in the face the inclement weather. They were camping with a servicable tent on a shoestring budget with a deadline to get back home. There was not a lot of time to spare. They had already lost a day. If instead, they went to the forest and worked toward Ortoten, they would have deeper snow and the woods themselves to work through. They kept to the high ground but left the tent, not for the cache, but with the wind at their backs, they made for the woods. Why? I think snow crushed the tent and they could not dig out at the time, so they retreated for the forest.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]