March 29, 2024, 02:23:43 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: How did Semyon come to have a camera around his neck when found?  (Read 8739 times)

April 29, 2023, 09:26:00 PM
Reply #30

Олег Таймень

Why fantasize so much .. Zorky's camera was found on his neck and it was his camera. He was sent to the mother of Semyon Zolotarev. Here is the document to prove it
Зачем столько фантазировать.. Фотоаппарат Зорький найден на его шее и это был его фотоаппарат. Его выслали матери Семёна Золотарёва. Вот документ, подтверждающий это

Yuri Yudin did not have to see Semyon's camera. Yes, and Semyon's mother could well not know that Semyon has a camera
Юрий Юдин и не обязан был видеть фотоаппарат Семёна. Да и мать Семёна вполне могла не знать, что у Семёна есть фотоаппарат
If a mountain comes towards you, and you are not Mohammed, then it is a rockfall.

April 29, 2023, 10:56:04 PM
Reply #31

anna_pycckux

Zorky's camera was found on his neck and it was his camera. He was sent to the mother of Semyon Zolotarev.
The question is not whose camera, but how did it end up on Zolotarev's neck.
According to my version, the liquidators were given the task to undress the tourists so that all the facts said that they were frozen and there were no outsiders there. But one of the liquidators could not resist and grabbed the camera (snatched it out of the tourist's hands). When the head of the liquidators became aware of this, the camera had to be returned in this way: put on the neck of the already deceased Zolotarev.

April 29, 2023, 11:18:43 PM
Reply #32

Ziljoe

Anna,

Was this before or after the several meters of snow got on top of the ravine 4

Plus it doesn't make sense, why undress, they weren't found naked, just not wearing enough for a long exposure to the elements.which tourist did they grab the camera from? Why not put the camera back in the tent with the rest of the camera's?

April 29, 2023, 11:38:28 PM
Reply #33

anna_pycckux

It happened during the "Battle of cedar". According to my version, the guys were lured out of the tent by deception, allegedly to help a wounded hunter. Zolotarev took a camera with him. Further - everything is clear without words. If someone does not understand, everything is said in the section "State order for liquidation".

The following users thanked this post: marieuk

April 29, 2023, 11:47:56 PM
Reply #34

Олег Таймень

Anna,

Plus it doesn't make sense, why undress, they weren't found naked, just not wearing enough for a long exposure to the elements.which tourist did they grab the camera from? Why not put the camera back in the tent with the rest of the camera's?

Here, too, there is no need to invent and fantasize anything .. When leaving the tent urgently, Zolotarev managed to take the most valuable thing. His most valuable asset was his camera. The camera will not fit in your pocket. In order not to carry it in your hands, it remains only to hang it around your neck
Здесь тоже не нужно ничего выдумывать и фантазировать.. При экстренном покидании палатки, Золотарёв успел взять самое ценное. Самое ценное для него был фотоаппарат. В карман фотоаппарат не влезет. Чтобы не таскать его в руках, остаётся только повешать его на шею
If a mountain comes towards you, and you are not Mohammed, then it is a rockfall.

April 29, 2023, 11:50:37 PM
Reply #35

Олег Таймень

Anna,

Here, too, there is no need to invent and fantasize anything .. When leaving the tent urgently, Zolotarev managed to take the most valuable thing. His most valuable asset was his camera. The camera will not fit in your pocket. In order not to carry it in your hands, it remains only to hang it around your neck
Здесь тоже не нужно ничего выдумывать и фантазировать.. При экстренном покидании палатки, Золотарёв успел взять самое ценное. Самое ценное для него был фотоаппарат. В карман фотоаппарат не влезет. Чтобы не таскать его в руках, остаётся только повешать его на шею

How to correct a mistake in the text? I can't find anything..
А как ошибку в тексте исправить? Что-то не найду..

April 30, 2023, 12:08:45 AM
Reply #36

Ziljoe

Anna,

How to correct a mistake in the text? I can't find anything..
А как ошибку в тексте исправить? Что-то не найду..

From what I've read, there is no conclusive evidence that the camera was in the case. I might be wrong. It is just a camera case we can see in the photos.

Given the moment of exiting the tent, Zolotarev may have had the camera case around his neck , whilst cleaning/ drying out his camera or whatever . There is speculation that there was a tripod with a camera attached in the tent which raises several questions.

If we can believe the first reports of how things were found in the tent, food/ pork/ biscuit's, it would suggest it was either morning or late evening and they were going about their tasks.

Please correct me if I'm missing something.

Even in the 70s in the UK cameras are valuable but an axe /knife /blanket are more valuable in the event they were in?

April 30, 2023, 02:25:40 AM
Reply #37

eurocentric

Why fantasize so much .. Zorky's camera was found on his neck and it was his camera. He was sent to the mother of Semyon Zolotarev. Here is the document to prove it
Зачем столько фантазировать.. Фотоаппарат Зорький найден на его шее и это был его фотоаппарат. Его выслали матери Семёна Золотарёва. Вот документ, подтверждающий это

Yuri Yudin did not have to see Semyon's camera. Yes, and Semyon's mother could well not know that Semyon has a camera
Юрий Юдин и не обязан был видеть фотоаппарат Семёна. Да и мать Семёна вполне могла не знать, что у Семёна есть фотоаппарат

I'd already posted a link to that case file.

This is the only photo showing Semyon with a camera while alive.

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-07.jpg

Here is Lyuda with one.

https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-krivonischenko

They are temporarily holding onto cameras while people get their photo taken, as they cannot be placed in the snow.

So the ownership of the camera found around Semyon's body is not clear, and while I appreciate your logic I find the idea he took a "valuable" camera but not a wood axe or something else essential for survival to be too weak. This was a war veteran who would have seen many deaths overnight from cold. He'd have a different set of priorities.

There isn't an edit button these days. The moderator recently posted that there was, suggesting a temporary edit icon appears allowing edits across 5 minutes or so (as used to be the case) but I think only her account has that privilege. I believe it was removed for the rest of us after some posters were abusing others and then editing, although the individual most responsible no longer posts here.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

The following users thanked this post: anna_pycckux

April 30, 2023, 02:27:02 AM
Reply #38

eurocentric

I'd already posted a link to that case file.

This is the only photo showing Semyon with a camera while alive.

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-07.jpg

Here is Lyuda with one.

https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-krivonischenko

They are temporarily holding onto cameras while people get their photo taken, as they cannot be placed in the snow.

So the ownership of the camera found around Semyon's body is not clear, and while I appreciate your logic I find the idea he took a "valuable" camera but not a wood axe or something else essential for survival to be too weak. This was a war veteran who would have seen many deaths overnight from cold. He'd have a different set of priorities.

There isn't an edit button these days. The moderator recently posted that there was, suggesting a temporary edit icon appears allowing edits across 5 minutes or so (as used to be the case) but I think only her account has that privilege. I believe it was removed for the rest of us after some posters were abusing others and then editing, although the individual most responsible no longer posts here.

Edit, Lyuda holding camera:

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-06.jpg

June 12, 2023, 05:17:18 PM
Reply #39

KathleenDSmith1

Semyon Camera???

Would find the answer to how many cameras did Semyon have???? or set up with, Slobodin's Camera section in Dyatlov Pass...

last two sentences...It is interesting that Zolotaryov was showing his camera for everybody to see (hanging on his neck most of the time) but he didn't make photos on this trek. Not with the camera that was found in the tent anyway.

June 12, 2023, 06:23:52 PM
Reply #40

KathleenDSmith1

Seymon camera around his neck,

sending image of Case files 3-6

June 16, 2023, 08:56:38 AM
Reply #41

eurocentric

Semyon Camera???

Would find the answer to how many cameras did Semyon have???? or set up with, Slobodin's Camera section in Dyatlov Pass...

last two sentences...It is interesting that Zolotaryov was showing his camera for everybody to see (hanging on his neck most of the time) but he didn't make photos on this trek. Not with the camera that was found in the tent anyway.

Welcome to the forum.

There's only 1 image of Semyon alive with a camera around his neck/about his person, and that is likely him holding onto it for someone else during a photo session, as Lyuda is also photographed at the same location with a cased camera around her neck and we know she didn't have one.

The only other time Semyon has a camera is when his body is retrieved from the ravine, days later.

The object he is seen with in every photo is a black lantern torch clipped to his jacket.