April 18, 2024, 06:07:20 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: why the deceased hikers had to be found  (Read 8842 times)

January 14, 2023, 09:50:22 PM
Read 8842 times

tenne

I believe that the bodies were planted and had to be found so the government could control the amount of people in that area. If the hikers had just disappeared, there would be people searching for them and unless guards were posted to stop unofficial searches, people would keep looking until they found them. That is the last thing the KGB? wanted, whatever they were hiding, they didn't want to to have it found by search parties.

Having the tent and the deceased meant the search was controlled to just that area

January 15, 2023, 03:50:53 AM
Reply #1

Missi

That is an interesting position. But let's assume you're right, then there are certain conclusions that have to be drawn:

(1) Someone (the KGB?) had something to hide.
That seems probable.
(2) Whatever was to be hidden was not were the search was conducted. (Else they would have found it.)
Completely possible, if you ask me.
(3) Either the hidden thing had nothing to do whatsoever with the death of the hikers or they died somewhere else.
First case meaning, we still don't know why they died. But it's far less probable we'll ever find out, because the traces can't be trusted.
Latter case meaning, the whole scenery was staged. Let's continue there.
(4) Whoever staged the area either made traces leading there (and hid those leading to another place) or hid traces leaving there.
Taking into account how much snow there was in the first part of the hiking trip, the first case seems improbable.
Let's focus on the latter case.
(5) There must be something close by, which must not have been found.
Has it gone by now? Was it stationary? Did they only need time to get it away? Did it kill the hikers or was it only not to be found?
Although I started by thinking your theory is improbable, I must admit I find the idea that there was something some way off that was not to be found, quite compelling...

January 15, 2023, 09:36:06 AM
Reply #2

tenne

I came to my theory after investigating others that made little sense to me. The wolverine, if it had chased them out, would have eaten the food in the tent and ripped everything open to get food and then hung around to scavenge them. This incident would have had to be in the wolverine territory for it to happen in the first place so the wolverine would have hung around a food source. quote "In the case of bite strength, the wolverine has demonstrated a bite force of 50 PSI and they have specialized molars in the top of their mouth that are turned 90 degrees to help break through frozen flesh and bone." and that still didn't explain the injuries adequately to me

the avalanche/slab avalanche idea? I have looked at all the photos I can find and the only disturbed snow is what is on the tent. there is nothing in the photos to indicate a slab moved and on that slope level, imo, nope

aliens, no
bigfoot, if they are real this is 100% not their norm and has never happened since or before so nope

one of the biggest questions I had was why bother covering it up? the soviet union was in the top of the spy game and they had years of experience. The only reason I can come up with is so no one was looking for them in that area. And since, from what I've read, their route hadn't been officially filed people could have been looking anywhere for them

this simply made it much easier to control the scene so only what they wanted would be found and no one was wandering all over.

I also believe that the cover up had to use, for some reason and I will never know why, some of the people who were not impressed with being forced to cover up and did everything they could to reveal the truth

January 15, 2023, 09:42:15 AM
Reply #3

tenne

Latter case meaning, the whole scenery was staged. Let's continue there.
(4) Whoever staged the area either made traces leading there (and hid those leading to another place) or hid traces leaving there.
Taking into account how much snow there was in the first part of the hiking trip, the first case seems improbable.
Let's focus on the latter case.

the track that was found, imo, was the stagers leaving. the group never skied there so there was no traces other than the stagers
(5) There must be something close by, which must not have been found.
Has it gone by now? Was it stationary? Did they only need time to get it away? Did it kill the hikers or was it only not to be found?

the stage was set there, the disaster did not happen there according to my theory. whatever happened, happened shortly after Yudin left the group. that is the first area people would be going to start the search since the route wasn't officially recorded. The KGB (a sweeping term I am using for any governmental group cover up) wanted people on that slope so the search could be controlled. That's why the tent was placed there by the stagers to make it very easy to find

whatever it was, it was never found, only what it did was discovered so my assumption is it is or was something not that moveable they had to keep people away from

January 15, 2023, 11:10:56 AM
Reply #4

Missi

Okay, so you're saying, the hikers left the 2nd Northern and then something happened, they saw something, found something that made the KGB+ decide they had to die?

What about the photos taken between 2nd Northern and the place they pitched the tent?
I'd say it's pretty obvious, they hiked to Kholat Sjachl.

The idea, that the track leading to the tent was actually someone else leaving, is very interesting. Though it leaves the questions
(A) How did they get there?
(B) How did they bring the hikers or rather their corpses there?

January 15, 2023, 11:14:15 AM
Reply #5

tenne

Okay, so you're saying, the hikers left the 2nd Northern and then something happened, they saw something, found something that made the KGB+ decide they had to die?

What about the photos taken between 2nd Northern and the place they pitched the tent?
I'd say it's pretty obvious, they hiked to Kholat Sjachl.

The idea, that the track leading to the tent was actually someone else leaving, is very interesting. Though it leaves the questions
(A) How did they get there?
(B) How did they bring the hikers or rather their corpses there?

I do not believe that they were deliberately killed, I think a device went off and their bodies were found. no one knew they were there, the route wasn't filed officially

what proof is there? that tent could have been pitched anywhere, even very close to the settlement. The photo of them digging somewhere has nothing identifiable about it

helicopter brought the bodies and tents in and dropped off the stagers as well, then some? one? skied out to lay a trail. bright lights were seen, a helicopter could have been brought in at night, radar was invented during the war

January 15, 2023, 11:47:54 AM
Reply #6

Missi

Yet the area was a common hiking area. If there was anything dangerous, top secret or whatsoever, why was that area hiking ground?

Yes, it's right that there are photos you can't locate for sure where they have been taken. But with others you can. For example one that has been taken on the day of Jan 30. Until then I suppose they were on track.

As for the helicopters... I'm not quite sure they would fly that area during the night, even with lights. But then I'm no pilot and especially not one from back than. I just find it a little hard to believe, that an accident would be tried to cover up so badly, when caused be some military institution...
What could have killed them, do you think?

January 15, 2023, 11:58:29 AM
Reply #7

tenne

why wouldn't they fly? they had lights and radar? the airport where I live is very small and has only non instrument landings i.e. have to be done by visual. helicopters land all hours of the day and night. a common saying? here, 'there are old helicopter pilots and there are bold helicopter pilots but there are no old bold helicopter pilots' so taking chances seems to fit that character (that saying is also used for alaskan bush pilots, just substitute helicopter for alaskan bush_

The hikers needed permission to be in that area, to my knowledge back then no one could just wander around there, that's why the person who didn't make sure there was a plan filed got fired (then re-hired from what I've read). In fact, they needed this level 3 hike certification to just be able to go on 'tours' like this one. it was very regulated back then and people with level one could only take level one etc. (which btw I think would save a lot of lives if we could implement it instead of the average city dweller buying a bunch of equipment and thinking that made them competent to do a hike)

if 9 hikers, one or two suspected KGB officers, were wiped out by an experimental weapon in an area no one knew they were and these hikers were also the cream of the crop university students, which in my limited understanding of the soviet union meant they were valuable and questions would be asked about it, why wouldn't they try to cover it up? pass the buck is the most known source of corruption in the world's official agents LOL, why wouldn't they try to focus the search into a very easily controlled area by planting the tent so it could be found and

I am not sure which photo you are positive is jan 30 as there are no dates, could you please direct me to it so I can see what you mean?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 12:02:40 PM by tenne »

January 15, 2023, 12:59:30 PM
Reply #8

Osi

I can understand the performers who carried the tent up the slope, those who left the bodies in various parts of the forest. I don't understand what the message is that Rüstem was left to die with one valenki on his feet. The person who exhibits Rüstem in this state; While there is still work to be done in the name of the cover-up, he must have come up with an extreme idea to complicate the mystery even more. Apart from two of them in boots (tibo/ semyon), Rüstem is in the forest with one valenki; This is an important key to the naturalness of the tragedy. Rüstem's valenki tells that the tent is on the slope. It reminds me of the very sudden threat that brought Rustam out of the tent, where survival depends on seconds. It cannot be explained that Rüstem did not have time to wear valenki on his other foot in the softer justifications expressed in the sweat of leaving the tent. Rustam's valenki is too innocent and precious to be attributed to such ugliness as a cover-up.
A real jolt is better than a wrong balance.

January 15, 2023, 01:23:11 PM
Reply #9

GlennM

The alleged weapon was inefficient. Non lethal radiation, non lethal impact, non recoverable fragments, non included in inventory.  I prefer a non conspiracy theory.

January 15, 2023, 01:31:45 PM
Reply #10

Missi

They had lights and radar, sure. Also there were strong winds in the area (even during the search were many days with nonflying weather). What makes me doubt the night flying is the fact that I heard from the korean war: Helicopter bringing injured during twilight (be it dusk or dawn) meant bad cases, because they didn't fly at night.
I'm not sure, whether that is really true, nor am I sure that was because of the light or lack of it. And I'm well aware that the war was at the beginning of the 50s. Yet I hold on to that believe until I have proof to believe otherwise.

As for the permission: They needed permission to go on a hike per se, because they needed the equipment. And they needed the hike to be recorded in order to have it count towards the Master of Sports or Tourist of the USSR or whatever it was, they wanted to achieve. Sure, in order for them to not walk into disaster, there was a check contemplating the route and their qualification. Plus you didn't need to have level 3 to go on a level 3 tour, else you wouldn't be able to achieve your level 3.

As for the photo:
This one (https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-24.jpg) is associated with the day of Jan 30, if you watch the map (https://dyatlovpass.com/maps).
I also believe, that one (https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-16.jpg) shows the "shed" that is mentioned in the diary: "In the middle of the road the saw Mansi shed." (group diary, jan 30)

January 15, 2023, 01:55:05 PM
Reply #11

tenne

"Plus you didn't need to have level 3 to go on a level 3 tour, else you wouldn't be able to achieve your level 3.|

I didn't explain myself properly. In order to be able to do level 3 you had to go on a hike with a certified level 3 leader and then you were certified for  your own level three so you could lead and do 'tours'. This is the reason often said why Semyon was inserted into the group

from what I've been able to find, permission was denied, not officially but no one could get a permit, for a couple of years after the incident so they did have to get permission to go there

I am not sure how flying in Korea is relevant to flying in russia? the helicopters there were under attack and flying with lights on made them a very visible target so of course they wouldn't fly at night

and

"The Mi-4N “Filin” (Horned owl) was an experimental reconnaissance version intended for night-time operational use; it was built in 1958."

"The first production variant was Mi-1, quickly replaced by improved Mi-1T, that carried extra operational equipment including full radio and blind-flying instruments, and had more reliable engine AI-26V.[6] The next basic variant was the Mi-1A of 1957|
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 02:08:06 PM by tenne »

January 15, 2023, 03:12:08 PM
Reply #12

GlennM

I can understand the performers who carried the tent up the slope, those who left the bodies in various parts of the forest. I don't understand what the message is that Rüstem was left to die with one valenki on his feet. The person who exhibits Rüstem in this state; While there is still work to be done in the name of the cover-up, he must have come up with an extreme idea to complicate the mystery even more. Apart from two of them in boots (tibo/ semyon), Rüstem is in the forest with one valenki; This is an important key to the naturalness of the tragedy. Rüstem's valenki tells that the tent is on the slope. It reminds me of the very sudden threat that brought Rustam out of the tent, where survival depends on seconds. It cannot be explained that Rüstem did not have time to wear valenki on his other foot in the softer justifications expressed in the sweat of leaving the tent. Rustam's valenki is too innocent and precious to be attributed to such ugliness as a cover-up.

It is said there was ice under Rustem from body heat. He was not dead when he fell. He was heading in the direction of the tent, as were others.,it was not a chase, it was not flight. It was retrieval,gone wrong.

January 15, 2023, 03:20:41 PM
Reply #13

Ziljoe

I came to my theory after investigating others that made little sense to me. The wolverine, if it had chased them out, would have eaten the food in the tent and ripped everything open to get food and then hung around to scavenge them. This incident would have had to be in the wolverine territory for it to happen in the first place so the wolverine would have hung around a food source. quote "In the case of bite strength, the wolverine has demonstrated a bite force of 50 PSI and they have specialized molars in the top of their mouth that are turned 90 degrees to help break through frozen flesh and bone." and that still didn't explain the injuries adequately to me

the avalanche/slab avalanche idea? I have looked at all the photos I can find and the only disturbed snow is what is on the tent. there is nothing in the photos to indicate a slab moved and on that slope level, imo, nope

aliens, no
bigfoot, if they are real this is 100% not their norm and has never happened since or before so nope

one of the biggest questions I had was why bother covering it up? the soviet union was in the top of the spy game and they had years of experience. The only reason I can come up with is so no one was looking for them in that area. And since, from what I've read, their route hadn't been officially filed people could have been looking anywhere for them

this simply made it much easier to control the scene so only what they wanted would be found and no one was wandering all over.

I also believe that the cover up had to use, for some reason and I will never know why, some of the people who were not impressed with being forced to cover up and did everything they could to reveal the truth

The concept of the Wolverine making them leave the tent is its chemical spray, not its jaws. If it used it's spray it felt threatened as if in danger for its own life and would leave the scene and not hang about. The Wolverine travels 20km a day and over vast areas.  The explanation of the injuries are a snow collapse in a snow cave/hole or over hang and fracture from freezing to the skull of Slobidin. The rest of the injuries are survival related.

There didn't need to be an avalanche in the traditional sense as we think in our minds. There just needed to be a thought in the minds of the tourists that there was an avalanche or there was going to be one. It's the tourists perspective thats important. The injuries that follow play out the same from the Wolverine. Snow cave, collapse= fractured ribs etc, freezing and so on.

The Mansi wander all over the area. Helicopters and search planes flew over the basic hike path. Students and searchers were dropped in various locations and searched the woods.

There were numerous hikes in the area , even in previous years. They knew what there basic travel plan was so it would be simple enough to follow the route from where yudin left them to their destination.

Out of interest , what would the stagers trying to make the accident look like? And here's the why question. Why would they leave the camera and films?

January 15, 2023, 04:43:58 PM
Reply #14

tenne

The alleged weapon was inefficient. Non lethal radiation, non lethal impact, non recoverable fragments, non included in inventory.  I prefer a non conspiracy theory.

9 people died, hardly inefficient. Not all secret weapons are weapons of mass destruction.

January 15, 2023, 04:57:35 PM
Reply #15

tenne

"The concept of the Wolverine making them leave the tent is its chemical spray, not its jaws. If it used it's spray it felt threatened as if in danger for its own life and would leave the scene and not hang about. The Wolverine travels 20km a day and over vast areas.  The explanation of the injuries are a snow collapse in a snow cave/hole or over hang and fracture from freezing to the skull of Slobidin. The rest of the injuries are survival related."

Wolverines use different parts of their home range at different times of the year. they have a home range that they patrol for food. after the people were driven out, there is no way the wolverine would not eat the food in the tent and rip everything apart looking for food. that's what they do. the jaws are designed to rip apart frozen food. that is as much as I'm going to spell out on that part. No scavenger would leave an area, especially with food that scarce and not wait for dinner. Wolverines will only attack if cornered or protecting young. show me one recorded case of a wolverine entering a tent to attack people and they spray their food to protect it. had the food in the tent been sprayed it would have been eaten. Not to mention the animal is superb at digging and it never went for the cache of food left under snow? There are wolverines where I live, they avoid people and to go into a tent out in the middle of no where because it felt it was in danger? from what? it could run away. If it wanted the food it would have eaten it and the cache and the rest after they passed on. They scavenge deer, elk etc as well as hunt so they would recongnize a frozen food source

one they never would have camped there especially without setting up the stove and two if they thought there was an avalanche they would have run sideways. no experienced outdoors person runs downhill from an avalanche.

yes, they were dropped off in specially appointed areas, that kinda proves my point that people were only searching in specific areas

how do you know for a fact that there were or were not areas that the mansi went? 

there were numerous hikes in that area that had put their route and had been approved. this route hadn't been filed.

they wanted to make the accident look exactly like it looks, there are people who believe the idea of totally natural so they obviously succeeded in staging it if that is the criteria we are using.

why would they leave the cameras and diaries? because they were tampered with to show (and obviously do since some people believe them so that was a success) the trip happened to that area
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 05:12:35 PM by tenne »

January 15, 2023, 04:59:59 PM
Reply #16

tenne

I wouldn't say it didn't work, look how many people are convinced it was natural. that means they had some success.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

January 15, 2023, 05:07:41 PM
Reply #17

tenne

"It is said there was ice under Rustem from body heat. He was not dead when he fell. He was heading in the direction of the tent, as were others.,it was not a chase, it was not flight. It was retrieval,gone wrong."

there was a lot of things said, if it all added up then this forum wouldn't be here but given the fact that the KGB for experts at the spy game, I highly doubt it would be hard to make ice.

I do appreciate your comments because you are proof to me that the cover up worked for some people.

remember the saying:

"you can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

I doubt even they thought they would get 100% convinced

January 15, 2023, 06:18:19 PM
Reply #18

GlennM

No one is fooled by the fact Rustem was found in a condition that is consistent with body heat dissipating from him. It is what it is. It is fact.

If we are to believe that a mass murder happened on 1079, in the dead of winter, in a snowstorm,  with victims equipped with weapons,,and recording instruments in a terrain frequented by locals, it seems a reach too far. The hypothetical suitcase bomb and secret military camp has no supporting evidence.

I concede a slab slip is not as lethal as an avalanche. I've seen funny videos of people getting covered with snow breaking from a sloped roof. A lot of snow, no fatalities.

We tend to think of the disaster as a tug of war. Pull on the rope and the effect is felt at the other end. Perhaps it would be better to think of it like pulling a thread on a spider web. An unknown compelling force precipitates a cascade of natural and human reactions. I believe the evidence does not rule out a natural occurence. I also believe there is nothing to rule in anything else.

January 15, 2023, 07:11:51 PM
Reply #19

tenne

You are absolutely right there is no supporting evidence and I can't prove it and you can't disprove it.

January 15, 2023, 09:12:53 PM
Reply #20

Ziljoe

"The concept of the Wolverine making them leave the tent is its chemical spray, not its jaws. If it used it's spray it felt threatened as if in danger for its own life and would leave the scene and not hang about. The Wolverine travels 20km a day and over vast areas.  The explanation of the injuries are a snow collapse in a snow cave/hole or over hang and fracture from freezing to the skull of Slobidin. The rest of the injuries are survival related."

Wolverines use different parts of their home range at different times of the year. they have a home range that they patrol for food. after the people were driven out, there is no way the wolverine would not eat the food in the tent and rip everything apart looking for food. that's what they do. the jaws are designed to rip apart frozen food. that is as much as I'm going to spell out on that part. No scavenger would leave an area, especially with food that scarce and not wait for dinner. Wolverines will only attack if cornered or protecting young. show me one recorded case of a wolverine entering a tent to attack people and they spray their food to protect it. had the food in the tent been sprayed it would have been eaten. Not to mention the animal is superb at digging and it never went for the cache of food left under snow? There are wolverines where I live, they avoid people and to go into a tent out in the middle of no where because it felt it was in danger? from what? it could run away. If it wanted the food it would have eaten it and the cache and the rest after they passed on. They scavenge deer, elk etc as well as hunt so they would recongnize a frozen food source

one they never would have camped there especially without setting up the stove and two if they thought there was an avalanche they would have run sideways. no experienced outdoors person runs downhill from an avalanche.

yes, they were dropped off in specially appointed areas, that kinda proves my point that people were only searching in specific areas

how do you know for a fact that there were or were not areas that the mansi went? 

there were numerous hikes in that area that had put their route and had been approved. this route hadn't been filed.

they wanted to make the accident look exactly like it looks, there are people who believe the idea of totally natural so they obviously succeeded in staging it if that is the criteria we are using.

why would they leave the cameras and diaries? because they were tampered with to show (and obviously do since some people believe them so that was a success) the trip happened to that area

We don't know what the Wolverine does but I still don't think you get the concept of the Wolverine. Their area can be over 300 square miles and 20+ miles a day moving. It doesn't eat everything in its path either. If the Wolverine went into the tent out of curiosity , for food or warmth , and here's twister , if it thought it was in danger for its life and the food was not worth the effort of conflict against what it found in the tent. IE 9 humans shouting and screaming , it wouldn't stay to eat the food in the tent. It's off , away , over the hill and on to its next food or stash . There are reports of wolverines straying into tents. It did not go into the tent because it was frightened, it got a scare after he found the tent was full of people, sprayed it's defence spray which is different to marking it's food . The reason for the cache is to lower the risk of scavenging. The cache obviously worked.

If they would never have camped there, why would the stagers not think the same  as they were trying to create a scene ? If the dp9 group decided to camp there , they may not know exactly where they camped on the slope due to visabilty when pitching the tent. There are avalanches in the area and this has been recorded , fact. There is a steeper slope above the tent and off to the left . It may have been a wind slab further up the slope that came down , with enough force to worry the group. Given the gentle slope below the tent it may have been more sensible to go down wards.

The searchers were dropped off in areas that were dictated by access by helicopter , after that the searchers were free to roam ?

The Mansi were free to roam that area. They had their yurt and signs plus there testimonies from all over . There was a deer trail next to the tent. No Mansi mention restrictions. Noone mentions restrictions for the area?

You are using the criteria of them staging the tent and the bodies. We are asking you what were they trying to stage ? This is the part I would like you to explain most. What were they trying to stage with missing boots, foot wear etc. Why did the stagers make the cache to be only a short distance from the tent?

These stagers wouldn't know what was on the film. There may be evidence of the exact location of the "device" that exploded. How would the stagers know that there wasn't?

January 15, 2023, 09:20:20 PM
Reply #21

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
There was ham and rusks untouched in the open within the tent…. easy pickings for any animal but there it was still intact. 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

January 15, 2023, 09:55:49 PM
Reply #22

Ziljoe

Yes, but if it was the defence spray by the Wolverine, this would be a deterrent to any wandering scavengers. Think of it like the skunk. There is an indication of this being noticed by the search dog's behaviour when trying to disembark the helicopter and their reaction at the tent.

The Wolverine theory of spray is something that could  be tested and ruled out but there are a few other nods to a Wolverine. The staining of some clothes on return to families, the dilated pupils , lack of scavengers and more. It is subtle, I agree but it is worth consideration .

I think it is important to look at events from the group's perspective , how they may have perceived any threats, and I've said this before. There didn't need to be an avalanche, exploding rocket, Rock fall or serious snow slab. They just needed to think that it was safer to leave the tent.

I can see only two other options.

1)Staged by outsiders , which leaves a lot of work and logistics to cover up. That's witnesses at airports, fuel, families of stagers , footprints, roaming random Mansi hunters, fighting weather conditions, covering up tracks, leaving nothing behind to incriminate the stagers , the camera's etc .....

2) Someone or people with a gun. It's the only way they could have controlled the group. (Still don't understand why some get to keep footwear and others don't though)

January 15, 2023, 10:21:45 PM
Reply #23

Missi

"Plus you didn't need to have level 3 to go on a level 3 tour, else you wouldn't be able to achieve your level 3.|

I didn't explain myself properly. In order to be able to do level 3 you had to go on a hike with a certified level 3 leader and then you were certified for  your own level three so you could lead and do 'tours'. This is the reason often said why Semyon was inserted into the group

It seems, we misunderstood each other then. I'm sorry.

I also read, that permission was not granted some time after the incident. But according to other sources that is not true. The next trek seems to have taken place in August of 1959 (https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy?flp=1#ban1) but it's been quite some time until the next trek in winter took place.

The flying in Korea has nothing to do with flying in Russia and then everything. It is the only thing I know about flying habits. Yet that was some years prior, so the new technique might have made a big difference.
On the other hand there still were heavy winds. Judging by the photo the hikers made on the mountain and pictures taken today on the slope, there was probably a lot of snow in the air. Which - judging as a car driver - makes bright light almost a disadvantage. Also there may have been top notch technique, but would someone have used them to cover up the death of 9 student hikers?
I'm still not convinced. That doesn't mean you're wrong, just that to me it still lacks proof.

I have to run. I'll come back to the other posts later.

January 16, 2023, 12:04:45 AM
Reply #24

Почемучка

Вы как-то особенно воспринимаете имеющиеся данные. Масленников давал разрешение на этот маршрут. Проект похода составлялся задолго до начала маршрута. Группа отправляла письма и другие сообщения из Вижая. Мало того, обращалась за помощью в советские организации и получала её. Поход проходил на полноте информации.
Какая такая "отсутствие регистрации", если каждый их шаг по населенке - имеет свидетелей?

You somehow especially perceive the available data. Maslennikov gave permission for this route. The project of the campaign was drawn up long before the start of the route. The group sent letters and other messages from Vizhay. Moreover, she turned to Soviet organizations for help and received it. The campaign took place on the completeness of information.
What kind of "lack of registration" if their every step through the population has witnesses?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 12:10:49 AM by Почемучка »
Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

January 16, 2023, 07:28:11 PM
Reply #25

GlennM

I believe that the bodies were planted and had to be found so the government could control the amount of people in that area. If the hikers had just disappeared, there would be people searching for them and unless guards were posted to stop unofficial searches, people would keep looking until they found them. That is the last thing the KGB? wanted, whatever they were hiding, they didn't want to to have it found by search parties.

Having the tent and the deceased meant the search was controlled to just that area

Kind of self defeating when you think of the rescue and recovery parties,,though.

January 17, 2023, 09:52:37 AM
Reply #26

tenne

Kind of self defeating when you think of the rescue and recovery parties,,though.

How so? When friends and family of the skiers found out they were missing they would go looking for them, officially or not. Given the amount of friends they had who were experienced outdoors people, they would have flooded the area.

This way the KGB? could at least make the search official and keep everyone in that area. The KGB? controlled the scene, made sure what was found. Much better than random people roaming everywhere looking for the group

January 17, 2023, 10:02:45 AM
Reply #27

tenne

There was ham and rusks untouched in the open within the tent…. easy pickings for any animal but there it was still intact.

Yes and wolverines are scavengers and any scavenger in the hard winter NEVER leaves a food source unless it is driven off. Caches are not put in the ground where people can easily dig them up because of all the animals that dig into it, that is how those animals survive so yes, the ham and rusks would have been eaten. that's life and normal behavior.

What happened is not normal wolverine behavior: which is to scavenge any food that can be found in a desolate cold and never leave a food source and where there is one source of food, there is often more so the wolverine would have not only stayed in the area but actively looked for more

these reasons are why I dismissed that idea, its not within the normal bounds of behavior but I do see why others would think it's reasonable.

January 17, 2023, 10:07:54 AM
Reply #28

tenne

"On the other hand there still were heavy winds. Judging by the photo the hikers made on the mountain and pictures taken today on the slope, there was probably a lot of snow in the air."

LOL, I have to agree that it SHOULD stop them. I've seen helicopters take off with a visibly of 1/8 of a mile and the ceiling was at 200 feet. I don't know how well the helicopters worked back then but we are isolated so we get medical emergencies helicoptered out and they land in almost anything. freezing rain seems to slow them down though

January 17, 2023, 10:39:11 AM
Reply #29

Ziljoe

"On the other hand there still were heavy winds. Judging by the photo the hikers made on the mountain and pictures taken today on the slope, there was probably a lot of snow in the air."

LOL, I have to agree that it SHOULD stop them. I've seen helicopters take off with a visibly of 1/8 of a mile and the ceiling was at 200 feet. I don't know how well the helicopters worked back then but we are isolated so we get medical emergencies helicoptered out and they land in almost anything. freezing rain seems to slow them down though

I think the point being communicated is that helicopters can't land just anywhere. If you are refering to known landing sites that are flat, with communication with people on the ground and without obstacles that could compromise landing , then that is slightly different . Given the remoteness , trees and slopes of the area it wasn't as simple as just taking off and landing. Even the searchers had weather problems and had to find a landing site that was away from the tent. Also for the searchers camp they had to make a landing zone.

There was no guarantee that the tent would be found on the slope as everything was covered in snow. It seemed a lucky find . Searchers were dropped all along the route in different groups.