April 27, 2024, 07:11:47 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Usable area per person in the tent  (Read 3247 times)

December 30, 2022, 10:33:06 AM
Read 3247 times

Osi

Tent 4×1.80= 7.2 m2 1 person 1.80 height×55 shoulders= 1 m2 9 people×1= 9 m2 stove+food bag+9 pairs of boots (3 layers stacked on top of each other) 1 m2 Having the whole team in the tent gives a gap of -3m2. As for the results of the data; never 9 people were together in the tent. They needed to sleep with their legs stretched out to rest. There was no wall to lean on to sleep with their legs bent. They just entered the tent together while they were having dinner. in the forest; It is reasonable for 2 people to stand guard by the fire that is burning in front of the tent for an estimated 4 hours. So how would this be possible in kholat? There was no firewood outside. No one could stay vigil at night. Or everyone would spend the night sitting down.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:51:03 AM by Osi »
A real jolt is better than a wrong balance.

The following users thanked this post: Dimitris68, Manti

December 30, 2022, 01:00:38 PM
Reply #1

Игорь Б.

На самом деле длина палатки составляла 5 м. 33 см. Эксперт ошиблась при измерениях:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=56502

А рисунок в вашем сообщении вообще не имеет ничего общего с реальностью.
An example of the impact of chemical weapons of a skunk (wolverine) in a tent:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=117054

December 30, 2022, 01:56:25 PM
Reply #2

Osi

You stated that the length AB is 1.41. After making a square with 4 bars of this length, if we lean horizontally on the tent, we find the middle of the tent. B/C=1.41 (center raising post) I disagree with your suggestion that the length is 5.30. Mr. Akselyrod stated in a statement that the tent was assembled from 2 standard tents of 2 meters in length.

December 30, 2022, 02:19:37 PM
Reply #3

GlennM

If it is two tents together with a center dividing curtain, the two girls enjoyed a lot of extra space,,yes?
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

January 05, 2023, 03:50:22 AM
Reply #4

Osi

Glenn m opened a new window for me. It never occurred to me. I like this fix. I made my measurements according to the tangent position of 9 people. As you said, we need to give the girls an extra 1 m2 of space. In this case, the usage area per person decreases to 0.8 m2.

January 05, 2023, 07:10:33 AM
Reply #5

Почемучка

If it is two tents together with a center dividing curtain, the two girls enjoyed a lot of extra space,,yes?
Там не было никакой занавески посередине. Занавеска пришивалась ко входу. Она оберегала от влетания снежинок. Ну так бы она оберегала от влетания мух и комаров, если было бы лето. Положение этой занавески/полога четко описано в Уголовном Деле.
There was no curtain in the middle. The curtain was sewn to the entrance. She protected from the flying snowflakes. Well, she would protect her from flying in flies and mosquitoes if it were summer. The position of this curtain/canopy is clearly described in the Criminal File.
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-303-304?rbid=17743
Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

January 05, 2023, 09:08:41 AM
Reply #6

Ziljoe

I remain slightly confused about this too.
From reading the diary with the two girls saying that the tent was divided . I have read that the flue for the stove was 3 meters long, the stove was 400 mm in length. ( I don't know if this included the bend) . This gives us 3.5 m for the stove to be hung under the ridge. I struggle to understand this dividing sheet. If the sheet was hung in the entrance , did  the stove box hang at the entrance too with the pipe running the whole length of the tent? This would make a bit of sense to refuel etc but the night duty. But the girls said one of the hikers was made to sleep under the stove but didn't like it and came back to the other side of the dividing sheet?

Also having read through some old but new to me statements, it is reported that there was kindling in the stove, and a log found in the tent. ( I've still to go through the sources) .

As ever , contradictions.