April 28, 2024, 04:41:19 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: ski caps found outside tent  (Read 3326 times)

January 10, 2023, 09:04:39 AM
Read 3326 times

tenne

"In the immediate vicinity of the tent there were no footprints. Approximately 15-20 m from the tent in the direction where the bodies were subsequently discovered, footprints of the people's feet coming from the tent were visible on the snow, and it was evident that the tracks were left by the feet of a person without shoes in felt boots (valenki). The tracks protruded above the surrounding surface of the snow, for near the tracks the snow was blown out by the wind.
From the tent in the direction of the wind, i.e. in the direction where there were traces of people's feet, at a distance of about 0.5-1 m, we found several slippers from different pairs, and ski caps and other small objects were scattered
/shadow]
[/color]. I do not remember and did not pay attention to how many people were the footprints from, but it should be noted that the tracks were initially together, next to each other, and the distant tracks diverged, but now I don't remember how they parted."

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-298-300?flp=1#299

Finally found this, this to me indicates that these were found outside the tent before it was cleared off. Does anyone have any theories on why ski caps and slippers would be outside the tent but not used by the hiker? or am I reading this wrong?

January 10, 2023, 02:47:12 PM
Reply #1

Manti

Blown out of the tent by the wind in the intrevening almost month? At least that's what i've chalked it up to when I've read this

The following users thanked this post: tenne

January 10, 2023, 03:17:03 PM
Reply #2

tenne

I wish they would have taken some photos of the scattered items so we could see how big they were. It seems strange to me that slippers and ski caps blew out of the tent before it was covered up but the satirical paper didn't blow out as well.

January 10, 2023, 05:45:01 PM
Reply #3

Игорь Б.

Blown out of the tent by the wind in the intrevening almost month?
И все выдутые из палатки вещи собираются в одном месте? Дальше их ветром не понесло?
An example of the impact of chemical weapons of a skunk (wolverine) in a tent:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=117054

January 10, 2023, 06:29:13 PM
Reply #4

Manti

And all the things blown out of the tent are collected in one place? Didn't the wind carry them further?
Well in the translation that we read it says "scattered" implying things were... well... scattered about. I don't know. Once something lands in the snow it will sink in a bit and also get snowed on so it's less likely to be carried ayonder.
У перекладі, який ми читаємо, сказано «розкидані», що означає, що речі були... ну... розкидані. Не знаю. Щойно щось приземлиться на сніг, воно трохи потоне, а також буде засипано снігом, тому менше ймовірності, що його перенесе.

January 10, 2023, 08:50:13 PM
Reply #5

ilahiyol

And all the things blown out of the tent are collected in one place? Didn't the wind carry them further?
Well in the translation that we read it says "scattered" implying things were... well... scattered about. I don't know. Once something lands in the snow it will sink in a bit and also get snowed on so it's less likely to be carried ayonder.
У перекладі, який ми читаємо, сказано «розкидані», що означає, що речі були... ну... розкидані. Не знаю. Щойно щось приземлиться на сніг, воно трохи потоне, а також буде засипано снігом, тому менше ймовірності, що його перенесе.
They were probably covered in snow. But they were not very deep. They were noticeable. He proves that after this event, snow fell on the tent, but it could not accumulate because of the wind. The presence of slippers also indicates that some of the group wanted to wear slippers but could not do so. Because it is much better to wear slippers than to walk with socks. This proves that they resisted for a while in the tent, but hurried out because of the last sudden attack. Semyon Tibo and Rustam were behind the others and did not see the coercive power. So they had time to get dressed. Others could not take their eyes off the coercive force and were not adequately dressed. Bonede was swept out by the possible wind. Or someone wanted to get their heads off to protect them from the cold, but dropped them on the way out of the tent.