May 12, 2024, 10:16:18 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Mansi question  (Read 419 times)

April 28, 2024, 05:56:35 AM
Read 419 times

amashilu

Global Moderator
The DP9 died at the beginning of February, but their bodies were not found for almost a month (temporarily excluding the possibility that the case began on February 6, as some paperwork seems to indicate).

Mansi people lived in this area and were certainly more familiar with it than any of the Russian visitors, the way we are all familiar with our own neighborhoods; for instance, I have read that the cedar area was a resting place for Mansi hunters.

During the month that the bodies were not found, is it likely that one or more of the Mansi at least saw them? If so, what would that Mansi have done? Maybe nothing, just gone home and talked about it. Or maybe have moved the bodies in an attempt to respect and care for them? The two under the cedar do look as if they have been moved and positioned.

This question is likely not "important" in helping solve anything, but I have long wondered about it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 06:22:54 AM by amashilu »

April 28, 2024, 08:27:21 AM
Reply #1

Axelrod

If the Mansi had found the corpses earlier than Sharavin and Koptelov, they would have reported it.
But the Mansi reported only about the traces of skis that they saw from the Auspiya side.

The following users thanked this post: Teddy

April 28, 2024, 09:33:03 AM
Reply #2

amashilu

Global Moderator
Yes, maybe. That is certainly one possibility.

April 28, 2024, 04:14:18 PM
Reply #3

GlennM

Then again, doesn't 1079's name translate as " nothing goes there?" If so, why would Mansi bother to hunt where the game is not?
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

April 28, 2024, 11:57:44 PM
Reply #4

Teddy

Administrator
Then again, doesn't 1079's name translate as " nothing goes there?" If so, why would Mansi bother to hunt where the game is not?

https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy#otorten

The following users thanked this post: GlennM

April 29, 2024, 06:25:02 PM
Reply #5

GlennM

I'm having trouble with this. If like some they just don't want to get involved, the Mansi are not going to flip over or move a body. People,will ask questions. If the Mansi are going to get involved, then of course report it! If they are looting the corpses, then flipping them back over would be smart. Personally, I do not have any reason to believe the bodies were disturbed until they were found.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 08:02:33 PM by GlennM »
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.