March 28, 2024, 04:15:45 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Exploring The Yeti Theory  (Read 142237 times)

September 04, 2019, 08:56:41 AM
Reply #270

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
It wasn't all blood in the stomach, but still....  she had massive internal bleeding.   Whats the point?  Are you suggesting that blood in the stomach can ONLY be a result of yeti ripping out the tongue?

How else could the blood have gotten into her stomach?  Unlikely from internal bleeding into plural cavity.

Regards

Star man

September 04, 2019, 09:08:51 AM
Reply #271

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Unlikely from internal bleeding into plural cavity.

Says who?

Ever had a nose bleed?  You don't know whether or not she had a busted lip, or bit her own tongue prior to dying and subsequently it rotting away.    whist1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

September 04, 2019, 10:13:38 AM
Reply #272

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
How does Bigfoot cause them to have aortas three times the size they should be? 

The tonge....  please perform an experiment.  Put on a  catchers mitt and attempt an extraction on a family member? 

September 04, 2019, 10:15:33 AM
Reply #273

Star man

Unlikely from internal bleeding into plural cavity.

Says who?

Ever had a nose bleed?  You don't know whether or not she had a busted lip, or bit her own tongue prior to dying and subsequently it rotting away.    whist1

Yeah, could have been a nose bleed or bleeding mouth.

So being objective:

No tongue + unusual hyoid bone + blood could be a result of:

Natural decay
Or
Predation
Or
Violent attack

Any other options?

Regards
Star man

September 04, 2019, 10:29:13 AM
Reply #274

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
No tongue + extraordinary movement of the hyoid bone + blood could be a result of:

fixed it for ya. 

September 05, 2019, 05:01:56 AM
Reply #275

sarapuk

Where do I currently stand on this?

As I said above I am not claiming that the dpi was caused by a Yeti.  We don’t know if they exist.  However if you laid out all of the current theories in a circle and placed a indicative evidence compass in the middle I would say that to me it seems to be pointing strongly at the possibility of some kind of large powerful ape like creature and slightly towards the military test.  The only known species of ape I think is capable of causing those injury patterns is a Gorilla.  So I still think the compass is pointing towards the military test using some kind of ape as a test subject:

Ape + radiation + cover up =?

But if it wasn’t something like that then it seems to me that we are left with the really bizarre possibilities of a Yeti or some other weird thing.

Regards

Star man

We are moving towards the unknown. When I first came upon this Dyatlov Mystery My first thoughts was that it was some kind of Creature, whether of this World or whatever. Then I became interested in the UFO reports. And then the Radiation reports. ETC ETC.

I think it's important to have an open mind on these things.  It is equally important to have the devils advocate who challenges the strange and weird ideas.  LC does a good job at this but I am surprised that there are not more?  All ideas, theories and evidence needs to be tested.

One thing though.  Like all criminal cases the dpi requires evidence.  How do we get this evidence:

Existing case files
People visiting the area and investigating themselves ( take hat off to you)
Converting existing ambiguous evidence into solid evidence through analytical techniques and expertise.

Regards

Star man

Yes we certainly need this sort of cross examination etc. Despite the fact that this Dyatlov Incident is now 60 years old its only in more recent times that proper Investigating as been done. Well as far as we know. Because we do not know whether or not the Authorities have been doing anything in secret. There is certainly a lot of MISSING EVIDENCE.
DB

September 05, 2019, 05:07:33 AM
Reply #276

sarapuk

There is a lot of information available in the case files on the clothing.  We know what they were wearing, whether it was torn, cut or burned.  We not whether it was shabby or not.  But another question for me is where is the analysis of the biological samples - blood stains - although DNA analysis was nt available in 1959 blood groups were easily discernible and the difference between human and non human blood types could be resolved.  Again in a criminal investigation would you not look for blood groups that did not match the hikers?  These are just some peculiarities.

Regards

Star man

Maybe the Authorities did check up on that. And maybe they found something interesting. And maybe with the other factors it led them to IMMEDIATELY close the Case and seal off the area in question for several years.
DB

September 05, 2019, 05:17:42 AM
Reply #277

sarapuk

Welp....   the three males were on their side with their mouths facing down stream. Think about sticking your head out of a car window at speed.... is there a difference between facing the airstream vs the back of your head towards the airstream?  In addition, the female had the weight of her upper body slumped of a rock applying pressure in odd areas, most likely the neck.  In addition, if the tongue was rotten, and the mouth open facing the incoming water stream, it would flop around in the mouth.  The hyoid bone is connected to the tongue just below the jaw and controls movement of the tongue particularly when swallowing.... what you you think will happen to a bone that controls the tongue in a facing the water stream plopping around while rotten will do to the hyoid bone?   Perhaps give it some "unusual" movement?    Remember, if the tongue was missing from decomposition but the hyoid bone remains without the flesh that it connects to..... would it have movement?   Again, if you lay out a dead fish to decompose and the flesh is rotten and even missing around the ribs..... would the ribs have movement?   

This is common sense stuff that shouldn't have to be explained in detail.

Its a shame that the Autopsy Reports were not more SPECIFIC. So many factors in The Dyatlov Case point to something not quite right.  Also in the Autopsy Report were there is the possibility of a Crime having been committed you would have thought that there would have been some kind of explanation regarding the Unusual Movement of the Hyoid Bone. Any Medical Experts out there  !  ? 
DB

September 05, 2019, 05:21:47 AM
Reply #278

sarapuk

Ok.  Some good points.  We should probably expect a faster rate of decay given that Lyuda face and open mouth was directly in the flow of the water.  But the mention of “unusual “ movement of the hyoid in Lyuda autopsy report is still suspicious, especially as the autopsy reports of the others specifically mention that they are intact.  Why differentiate between those with intact hyoid bone and those with “unusual “ movement?

The autopsy reports do not mention any other type of intact bones.  He didn’t say ankle bones were in intact for instance.  Why specifically mention the hyoid bone?

Regards

Star man

Probably because like so many other aspects of this Dyatlov Case something is not quite right. Any Autopsy Report were there is the possibility of Criminal Action having taken place, will be more SPECIFIC.
DB

September 05, 2019, 05:38:29 AM
Reply #279

sarapuk

Your in luck.   

http://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=187.0

The situation regarding the eyes, perhaps tongue, etc could certainly be postmortem predation.  I would likely give the original pathologist benefit of the doubt on their interpretation.

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-355-357?rbid=17743

Damage to the soft tissue of the head and ‘bath skin’ wrinkling to the extremities are the post-mortem changes (rot and decay) of Dubinina’s body, which was underwater before it was found.

When palpating the neck, there is extraordinary mobility of the thyrohyal and thyroid cartilages.

Diaphragm of mouth and tongue absent. The upper margin of the hyoid bone is exposed.

There is no tongue in the oral cavity. Mucous cavities of the mouth are gray-greenish in color

Interesting.   Damage to the soft tissue of the head and ‘bath skin’ wrinkling to the extremities are the post-mortem changes (rot and decay) of Dubinina’s body, which was underwater before it was found.

The death of Dubinina is through violence.

Medical examiner signature (Vozrozhdenny)

So if Dubininas body was underwater then we should have expected more ROT and DECAY  !  ?  So why wasnt more of the Body Soft Tissues MISSING etc. Why just those at the Head part of the Body  !  ? 
DB

September 09, 2019, 07:58:40 AM
Reply #280

Star man

Your in luck.   

The situation regarding the eyes, perhaps tongue, etc could certainly be postmortem predation.  I would likely give the original pathologist benefit of the doubt on their interpretation.

Damage to the soft tissue of the head and ‘bath skin’ wrinkling to the extremities are the post-mortem changes (rot and decay) of Dubinina’s body, which was underwater before it was found.

When palpating the neck, there is extraordinary mobility of the thyrohyal and thyroid cartilages.

Diaphragm of mouth and tongue absent. The upper margin of the hyoid bone is exposed.

There is no tongue in the oral cavity. Mucous cavities of the mouth are gray-greenish in color

Interesting.   Damage to the soft tissue of the head and ‘bath skin’ wrinkling to the extremities are the post-mortem changes (rot and decay) of Dubinina’s body, which was underwater before it was found.

So if Dubininas body was underwater then we should have expected more ROT and DECAY  !  ?  So why wasnt more of the Body Soft Tissues MISSING etc. Why just those at the Head part of the Body  !  ?

The dpi is a complicated mystery made up of different components:

The tent
The slope
The cedar
The ravine

Each of the above components has sub components. 

Each of the components and sub components may have different possible explanations and taken in isolation they may seem justified.  The problem comes when you try to explain each of the explanations of the various components in a logical and sensible way.  If it doesn’t fit together holistically the narrative soon unravels.

For example the facial injuries and the tongue could very well have been the result of decay and predation, but we are still left with three bodies each with major trauma that is uncharacteristic of them all falling and which requires forced beyond normal human capabilities.  The autopsy reports their deaths as violent.  So then you ask yourself is it likely or unlikely that the facial injuries and tongue are natural decay and predation? 

Just to illustrate this principle using an analogy:

If you discovered a body on the beach with a severed leg lying next to it, and several metres away there was also a beached dead great white shark, how would you conclude the persons leg was severed?  It could have been a result of a boating accident?  It could have been severed by jagged rocks? Both are possible.  Or would you think there was a good chance that the shark had something to do with it?

Regards

Star man

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 02:01:40 PM by Star man »

September 09, 2019, 09:20:44 PM
Reply #281

jarrfan

My own personal thoughts on the missing tongue is that yes, it could have been from insects/fish but why was the tongue exposed in the first place? It appears from the autopsy Lyudia had red substance in her stomach, which could have been blood. I don't know what else it could have been. If the tongue was cut/bitten and there was blood in the mouth, that would signal insects/fish to that area of her body. I can only assume the eyes were the result of insects/fish/decay. But the tongue very well may have been bitten half off which would draw predatory insects.

How far into the water was her body and for how long? total of 3 months or only wet for 1 month  or even 2 weeks? This  info would factor into the tongue being eaten by insects as otherwise she was frozen completely until starting to defrost. Dyatlov was frozen but pretty much exposed and his eyes were not missing. So, it is a question and a mystery.

That is my thought on the tongue being missing....

September 09, 2019, 11:47:17 PM
Reply #282

Star man

My own personal thoughts on the missing tongue is that yes, it could have been from insects/fish but why was the tongue exposed in the first place? It appears from the autopsy Lyudia had red substance in her stomach, which could have been blood. I don't know what else it could have been. If the tongue was cut/bitten and there was blood in the mouth, that would signal insects/fish to that area of her body. I can only assume the eyes were the result of insects/fish/decay. But the tongue very well may have been bitten half off which would draw predatory insects.

How far into the water was her body and for how long? total of 3 months or only wet for 1 month  or even 2 weeks? This  info would factor into the tongue being eaten by insects as otherwise she was frozen completely until starting to defrost. Dyatlov was frozen but pretty much exposed and his eyes were not missing. So, it is a question and a mystery.

The red substance in the stomach probably was blood.  The question is where was it from.  There are several plausible explanations including:

Bleeding from the nose.  Lyuda’s nose cartilage was flattened, possibly by some kind of impact/blow.  It could have been blood from this.  It could have been from bleedingl lips, gums etc or it could be because her tongue was bitten off or ripped out. 

You make a good point about the partial damage biting of the tongue and subsequent acceleration of decay.  I think it is a good question about how long the body was in the water.

I don’t think we will be able to answer all these questions with any certainty without additional forensic evidence though.

Sometimes though, the absence of evidence is almost as striking as the evidence itself imo.  A kind of smoking gun as the saying goes.  An example of this imp is the absence of detailed forensic information about the foot prints. 

Everything leaves a trace.

Regards

Star man

September 15, 2019, 04:06:34 PM
Reply #283

Star man

Was the door to the tent fully open, partially open or closed that night on the pass?  Was just reading Akselrod's statement again and he states that only some of the toggles were open.  He also states that the back of the tent is pulled tight and therefore it would be difficult for someone to crawl out.  Is there any other evidence or information on whether the door was found open or closed?  Or is Akselrod simply relaying what he thinks may have happened? This information may be important.

Regards

Star man

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:24:02 AM by Star man »

September 16, 2019, 01:44:06 PM
Reply #284

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
There are conflicting statements within the case files.... WAB says the opening had the lower section unbuttoned and it is possible for humans to enter/exit in that configuration. 

September 16, 2019, 02:07:58 PM
Reply #285

Star man

There are conflicting statements within the case files.... WAB says the opening had the lower section unbuttoned and it is possible for humans to enter/exit in that configuration.

WAB's statement would align with Akselrod's then.  Probably wouldn't need much of an opening to crawl in or out.  Slobstov found the tent, but haven't seen any statements he made about whether the toggles were fastened or not.  I'll continue to peruse the files.  Thanks.

Regards

Star man

September 17, 2019, 11:48:03 PM
Reply #286

Star man

Have been wondering again what the relationship is between the cedar and the den.    A question for me is:

Did the two Yuris and the ravine 4 arrive at the cedar together or did the rav 4 find the cedar later? 

My impression from the information in the files is that they arrived together.  There are statements about there being more work completed than two people could achieve etc.  There is also the half burned women’s handkerchief.  We know the rav 4 were there at some point as they took the clothing and used it.  Also thinking about Akselrod’s statement the wind was not too strong as Rustems hat would likely be blown off.  But common sense might be a better guide given the above information and the fact that the den was only about 75m from the cedar.  If both the Yuris and the rav 4 were at these locations at the same time then I think they would be able to hear each other and smell the smoke from the fire.  Also unless they were compelled to separate they would know that their chance of surviving would be better if they stayed together.  So there is enough evidence to support this.

So if the above is true, then why was there no fire at the den site?  You would think that they would build a den and a fire if they could.

Is it possible that they were in the process of moving from the cedar to the den and had not had time to light a fire yet?  Is it also possible that if they were attacked at the den by whatever/whoever that Kolevatov was at the cedar collecting clothing and anything else that may have been useful and therefore he was not at the den when the attack happened!

Regards

Star man
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:04:59 PM by Star man »

September 18, 2019, 06:59:19 PM
Reply #287

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Yeah...  I dunno.  Lots of variables and possibilities.   

September 19, 2019, 11:08:19 PM
Reply #288

Star man

Just some more searching questions about the three cuts that appear to have been made from the inside of the tent.  There were two small cuts and one cut just under 90cm.  There were also some scratch marks as if other attempts had been made with a knife but they didn’t penetrate the fabric.

We don’t know for sure who made these cuts but for argument sake if we assume that the Dyatlov group made them then what circumstances would they have needed to cut the tent?

The three main reasons that come to my mind are:

The main entrance was somehow not available.  However from my understanding I think the cuts were fairly close to the entrance.

They were trying to slash at someone or something outside the tent

The tent had collapsed in the middle and the hikers being in distress for some reason decided to cut the tent to get out.

Any other possibilities?

Regards

Star man

September 21, 2019, 12:30:33 PM
Reply #289

sarapuk

Your in luck.   

The tent
The slope
The cedar
The ravine

Each of the components and sub components may have different possible explanations and taken in isolation they may seem justified.  The problem comes when you try to explain each of the explanations of the various components in a logical and sensible way.  If it doesn’t fit together holistically the narrative soon unravels.

For example the facial injuries and the tongue could very well have been the result of decay and predation, but we are still left with three bodies each with major trauma that is uncharacteristic of them all falling and which requires forced beyond normal human capabilities.  The autopsy reports their deaths as violent.  So then you ask yourself is it likely or unlikely that the facial injuries and tongue are natural decay and predation? 

If you discovered a body on the beach with a severed leg lying next to it, and several metres away there was also a beached dead great white shark, how would you conclude the persons leg was severed?  It could have been a result of a boating accident?  It could have been severed by jagged rocks? Both are possible.  Or would you think there was a good chance that the shark had something to do with it?

Regards

Star man

Well put. This is the way to carry out any kind of proper investigation, which means that the Russian or should I say Soviet Government clearly did not carry out a proper investigation FOR SOME REASON.
DB

September 21, 2019, 03:59:43 PM
Reply #290

Star man

Your in luck.   

The tent
The slope
The cedar
The ravine

Regards

Star man

Well put. This is the way to carry out any kind of proper investigation, which means that the Russian or should I say Soviet Government clearly did not carry out a proper investigation FOR SOME REASON.

Or, do you mean they did carry out a proper investigation but the proper investigation is not what is presented in the available files?

Regards

Star man

September 24, 2019, 08:40:29 AM
Reply #291

Star man

If you are one of those who believe that there is something odd about the investigation and that there is evidence of a cover up  let me ask you this question:

9 hikers die in the wilderness and there is evidence that they were attacked and killed by a Menk.  Why would the authorities try to withhold such evidence and cover up the case?  What possible motive could they have?

Regards

Star man

September 30, 2019, 11:32:15 AM
Reply #292

sarapuk

Quoted from Star Man

[[  Or, do you mean they did carry out a proper investigation but the proper investigation is not what is presented in the available files?  ]]

[[  If you are one of those who believe that there is something odd about the investigation and that there is evidence of a cover up  let me ask you this question:
9 hikers die in the wilderness and there is evidence that they were attacked and killed by a Menk.  Why would the authorities try to withhold such evidence and cover up the case?  What possible motive could they have?  ]]

Yes I know what you mean. I mention the obvious first and that is that it must surely be clear to most Investigators that the Authorities did not carry out a proper Investigation for one reason or another.
And the more any Investigator looks into this mystery the more they will suspect that something is ODD. But we dont have any real evidence that the Dyatlov Group was attacked and killed by a MENK  !  ?  But yes if that was the case then Iam sure that most Investigators would conclude that the Case was quickly closed in the Interests of The Public so as not to cause ALARM etc. Much like we still get plenty of UFO sightings and experiences and the Authorities which ever Country they may be in are quick to close such reports down and pass them off as natural phenomenon or whatever. Anything bar the TRUTH. Whatever the TRUTH may be.
DB

September 30, 2019, 01:53:21 PM
Reply #293

Star man

Quoted from Star Man

[[  Or, do you mean they did carry out a proper investigation but the proper investigation is not what is presented in the available files?  ]]

[[  If you are one of those who believe that there is something odd about the investigation and that there is evidence of a cover up  let me ask you this question:
9 hikers die in the wilderness and there is evidence that they were attacked and killed by a Menk.  Why would the authorities try to withhold such evidence and cover up the case?  What possible motive could they have?  ]]

Yes I know what you mean. I mention the obvious first and that is that it must surely be clear to most Investigators that the Authorities did not carry out a proper Investigation for one reason or another.
And the more any Investigator looks into this mystery the more they will suspect that something is ODD. But we dont have any real evidence that the Dyatlov Group was attacked and killed by a MENK  !  ?  But yes if that was the case then Iam sure that most Investigators would conclude that the Case was quickly closed in the Interests of The Public so as not to cause ALARM etc. Much like we still get plenty of UFO sightings and experiences and the Authorities which ever Country they may be in are quick to close such reports down and pass them off as natural phenomenon or whatever. Anything bar the TRUTH. Whatever the TRUTH may be.

Well I think one thing is fairly clear and that is that the dpi was not caused by some natural event such as an avalanche or weather as any of these events would not warrant any kind of cover up.  Why would you cover up a strong wind?  That leaves weirdness, man made accidents, or murder.  But I still think Thibo's head injury and the shape of the depressed fracture being identical to the ball of a very large thumb is difficult to explain away and what are the chances of this simply being a coincidence?  Then when you consider that the thumb would need to have belonged to a hand the size of an A4 sheet of paper we are into the weird.  But then when you look at the rib fractures and the forces required to inflict them, a 30cm long hand makes perfect sense. 

Regards

Star mam

September 30, 2019, 04:30:39 PM
Reply #294

jarrfan

Starman: When you say the depression in his head was like a huge thumb, I have trouble imagining any beast hitting someone's head with their thumb. If the hiker's head was grabbed by the beast's hand, and the thumb was pressed into the side of his head making this fracture, then the other side of his head or neck should also show trauma if his head was indeed "squeezed" by a huge hand....

September 30, 2019, 11:37:23 PM
Reply #295

Star man

Starman: When you say the depression in his head was like a huge thumb, I have trouble imagining any beast hitting someone's head with their thumb. If the hiker's head was grabbed by the beast's hand, and the thumb was pressed into the side of his head making this fracture, then the other side of his head or neck should also show trauma if his head was indeed "squeezed" by a huge hand....

When I say thumb I am talking about the ball of the thumb at the base.  Imagine Thibo is on the ground on his side.  His head is on the snow.  Now imagine this hand coming down really fast and hard and continuing to push with full force and weight behind it.  The base of the hand and ball of the thumb is where maximum force is applied.

Does that make it any clearer?

Regards

Star man

September 30, 2019, 11:41:30 PM
Reply #296

Star man

Jarrfan.  Thinking about what you said about Thibo’s head injury being on both sides.  Have a look at Rustem head injuries.

Regards

Star man

October 01, 2019, 08:33:36 AM
Reply #297

Star man

Some thoughts on the sequence of events based on the idea that they were attacked by something at the tent:

If something attacked them then it was probably terrifying and dangerous enough to cause them to leave their only safe means of survival with insufficient clothing to survive the cold weather for any significant length of time .  They move down the slope towards the tree line and spot a tall cedar that is prominent on the landscape.  They move towards and climb the cedar to escape the threat on the ground.  They cling to the cedar for some time until they believe the threat has moved away.  By this time the two Yuris are in a bad way and the group desperately try to light a fire.  When the fire is lit it is already too late for the two Yuris who have lost too much body heat.  They or their friends try to warm their numb limbs and bodies, burning their skin in the process.  The Yuris die.

The cedar - even with the fire is too exposed and not the best place for a shelter so they scout around for a better place to hide and shelter themselves.  They decide to build a shelter in the nearby ravine and begin setting it up and moving branches and clothing across to the ravine.  They cut the clothing off the Yuris and use some themselves and other pieces to insulate them from the ground.  Before the shelter is complete and a fire is lit the threat returns and attacks those in the ravine.  Kolevatov is at the cedar.  He hears the screams, drops the clothing he is carrying and tries to get back to his friends but it is too late.  Maybe Kolevatov fights off the attacker with the knife and sticks it into the attacker.   There is now not much Kolevatov can do other than try to comfort his dying friends, eventually dying himself.

Regards
Star man
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:38:38 AM by Star man »

October 01, 2019, 11:19:35 AM
Reply #298

jarrfan

Yes, I looked at Slobodin's injuries, now his appear that his head could have been crushed by a large hand or two hands pushing on his temporal bones. The only thing I can say about these injuries is that the temporal bones are the easiest to crush since they are the thinnest of the skull bones. If someone or something pushed into his temporal bones on each side they could cause such an injury.

October 01, 2019, 02:44:41 PM
Reply #299

Star man

Yes, I looked at Slobodin's injuries, now his appear that his head could have been crushed by a large hand or two hands pushing on his temporal bones. The only thing I can say about these injuries is that the temporal bones are the easiest to crush since they are the thinnest of the skull bones. If someone or something pushed into his temporal bones on each side they could cause such an injury.

Thibo's depressed fracture would have taken a force in the region of 450kg but without any soft tissue damage.  The two linear fractures extent under and through the saddle of the skull and around the front to the occipital region.  The linear fractures alone would require a significant force, so the full force of this injury would have been significant and beyond any human capability using bare hands.  Slobodin's skull fracture is less significant but follows a similar pattern.  The flail chests and fractured ribs would also require forces in excess of a normal human.  Yet, the injuries are very specific.  For accidental falls there is a 25 to 70% chance of receiving other injuries to ankles, wrists, arms and legs etc, but there are no such injuries.  Now the chances of all three falling and not sustaining the other types of injuries to extremities is remote.  Now combine the above with the fact that Thibo's head injury is pretty much identical in shape to the pad of the ball of a thumb and it starts getting pretty weird. 

I tried comparing the ratio of major and minor axis of Thibo's elliptical depressed fracture with my own thumb:

Thibo's fracture = 1.25
My thumb = 1.27

I think I got that the right way round.

That's is pretty much the same shape.

Regards

Star man