May 03, 2024, 08:00:13 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: The Search
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 05:24:55 AM »
I asked Askinadzi this question, but he doubts this option.

So do I.
« Last post by Axelrod on Today at 05:03:37 AM »
I sense a question here but I am not quite sure what it is. You mean how come they didn't find them if they searched consistently?

I had an assumption that the Mansi realized that they were getting a good salary for searching (this can be seen in the radiogram), and they had no other ways to earn that kind of money
therefore, it is beneficial for them to search as long as possible. And so they found everyone on the last day, when the next day they wanted to cancel the search, at least for Mansi.

I asked Askinadzi this question, but he doubts this option.
« Last post by Teddy on May 02, 2024, 09:35:23 PM »
but how if 2nd shift through 5th shift consently search??????

I sense a question here but I am not quite sure what it is. You mean how come they didn't find them if they searched consistently?
Remember no one has ever done this before, and with an absent investigator. This is why Ortyukov (military) took over.
But yes, many people ask how could Slobodin's body be missed for 6 days if he laid in a straight line between Kolmogorova and Dyatlov? This will remain a rhetorical question, no one can explain what was going on on the pass. Scratch this, they are trying to explain, Askinadzi says he didn't think (or maybe hope) they will find anything. I believe all of them were with this mentality, they knew the task at hand, but didn't believe it's happening.

There is much more information and photos from the search:

NAMES

https://dyatlovpass.com/rescuers#groups

PHOTOS

1st shift UPI February 23 - March 9

2nd shift UPI March 13-23

3rd shift UPI March 24 - April 6

4th shift UPI April 6-17

5th shift UPI April 17-27

6th shift UPI April 27 - May 8

General Discussion / The Search
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on May 02, 2024, 07:04:30 PM »
Everyone and Teddy:

This regarding the Search parties and what was 2 months span...remember the 10 feet of snow...but how if 2nd shift through 5th shift consently search??????     sending images;

1st Shift : UPI February 23 - March 9 : Bodies found on 27 Feb 1959 :Doroshenko and Krivonischenko and Igor Dyatlov, Zina Kolmogorova

Four 4 day lapse to the next search
                                                         Body found on 5 Mar 1959 : Rustem Slobodin

2nd Shift: UPI March 13-23
3rd Shift : UPI March 24 - April 6
4rd Shift : UPI April 6-17
5th Shift : UPI April 17-27
6th Shift : UPI April 27 - May 8
                                                          Bodies found on 5 May 1959 :Lyuda Dubinina, Kolevatov, Zolotaryov and Thibeaux-Brignolle

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

General Discussion / Re: Tent
« Last post by GlennM on April 30, 2024, 07:19:37 PM »
There are cohesive groups and fractured groups. When the the issue of mending the tent was raised, we did not see in the record immediate cooperative volunterrism. The record tells that there was arguement and friction. It may be trivial, or not. The point is that from the case files we know the group was goal oriented, but they proceeded enjoying themselves,along the way. The point is that whether or not the group dynamic worked worked for or against them when the going got rough. Evidence for that starts with footprints fanning out from the tent ending with the grouping of the deceased. Please do not read anything more into this than a general discussion of mindsets in a time of crisis.
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on April 30, 2024, 06:02:53 PM »
GlennM

did you think ...all 9 hikers should have not traveled as far as they did, as supposed? because of the individuality of each outlook of the 9 hikers had regarding what needed to be done and what they all didn't do???

Read ... Topic: Lyuda and Krivonischenko (Case Files 293-294) ...in DyatlovPass Forum...

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith
« Last post by GlennM on April 30, 2024, 04:59:09 PM »
We are presented with an image that these hikers are brave and noble Soviet youth. OK, but there are things that are also suspect. The expedition leader wants a challenging hike, but accepts a friend who in all liklihood could not complete the trip and another who couldn't for academic reasons. When warned of dangeous conditions by the forester, he ignores it.Another member was the group penniless entertainer, but also a prankster whom gets in trouble more than once. Is it he who hides because he can not pay train fare? There are two women on the trip, one is rigid in her ways, the other plays with men's hearts. Two of her involvements are on the expedition. We have a soldier who wants to improve his circumstances and adjust his attitude. We have people in the group who do not like to be told what and when to do things for group solidarity.We have someone as the group police who assigns detentions which are not honored. Several were smokers, easily winded at high altitudes. We have leadership setting a schedule of progress which is not honored by,some in the group. Finally, we see that the goal of the hike suddenly gets a lot harder once the free rides cease. They lasted what, two or three days on the actual trail and had to backtrack on one of them? The focus of most theories centers on external causation. But, this tent thread raises the issue of human error stemming from the group dynamic as an integral and unfixable element.
« Last post by Axelrod on April 30, 2024, 09:04:51 AM »
1) I think now that is Dyatlov's diary with photo of Zina Kolmogorova. So prosecuters decided it was Kolmogorova's diary.

2) I believe that this cuts of tent appeared later that this record in diary. So these cuts cannot be sewed by tourists because cuts were non existibg.
General Discussion / Re: Mansi question
« Last post by GlennM on April 29, 2024, 06:25:02 PM »
I'm having trouble with this. If like some they just don't want to get involved, the Mansi are not going to flip over or move a body. People,will ask questions. If the Mansi are going to get involved, then of course report it! If they are looting the corpses, then flipping them back over would be smart. Personally, I do not have any reason to believe the bodies were disturbed until they were found.

General Discussion / Re: Mansi question
« Last post by Teddy on April 28, 2024, 11:57:44 PM »
Then again, doesn't 1079's name translate as " nothing goes there?" If so, why would Mansi bother to hunt where the game is not?

https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy#otorten
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10