Theories Discussion > KGB / Radiation / Military involvement

Radiation from potash?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ryan:
This is a complex environment to model, and I don’t believe the contamination from KOH would be uniform. Specifically, snow melt and running water. As you pointed out, solubility in water is an issue. I imagine the clothing all started with a very high amount of KOH, but clothing exposed to the most running water would be most likely to have lower KOH concentration over time.

Also, it can’t be said whether the contamination was spotty or not based on the case files. All we know is that all the hikers’ clothing (as it existed when found by Ivanov’s team) was presented to the lab, they chose 9 samples to study, with at least one from each hiker found in the ravine, and all 9 had varying levels of contamination ranging from 600 to 9900 counts per 150 cm^2. We don’t know if some clothes were completely clean, or if everything was contaminated. It is possible the sampling was random, it which case it is very likely that just about everything was contaminated to some degree. It is also also possible they used a handheld Geiger counter to “cherry pick” the hottest samples from all four hikers, in which case some clothing might be completely clean. Nothing is said about the sampling methodology in the file.

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Ryan ---I recently did some math on the radiation report numbers and realized that potassium might explain the radiation if we assume the Sverdlovsk lab only had simple Geiger counters.

I’m wondering if this could integrate with your 1079 theory. Let’s say the people staging the tent and bodies decided at the last minute that four bodies were too damaged to look like hypothermia, so they were dumped in the ravine and covered with potassium hydroxide, a.k.a. caustic potash, which is chemically very similar to lye, in an unsuccessful attempt to dissolve them. This clearly didn’t work, but it did make their clothing mildly radioactive.

--- End quote ---

This is a quote from Ryan's email to me from today.
They could have been covered like spread over, the clothes that were contaminated belonged to two people only https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy#radioactiveclothes.
It was not common at all at the time to test for radiation. One big mystery in this case is why Lev Ivanov asked for anything to be tested on first place? Nothing on the bodies suggested death by exposure to radiation. How would the conspirators fathom that the severe injuries would be attributed to radiation?
But this case is such a mess that one can throw anything in the mix. Take off from the bodies three pieces of clothing, tear them up, dip them in whatever you say, put them back on the bodies, wait for Lev Ivanov to have a revelation to test them... Why didn't he test the first bodies found in February-March? Or if he didn't test those why would he test the bodies found in May?
Igor Pavlov had a theory about this which I will post a little later since I am waiting for a filming crew. They are not filming me though, but the dendrologist who is bringing the results of testing the tree cores I brought form the pass. He is coming with an operator since I said I can not repeat what he says, so we are going to film it.

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Ryan on January 16, 2023, 07:07:23 AM ---I’ve admittedly not finished the 1079 book but have been skimming various parts of it. From what I’ve read, the idea is that a tree fell on the tent, (most of) the bodies were discovered soon after, and there was concern that the tree falling could be blamed on geologic prospecting with explosives, so the tent was moved and the scene staged to make it look like the hikers left their tent and died of hypothermia.

The Ravine 4 include the three most seriously injured bodies. What if they were not intended to be found, as their injuries would contradict the hypothermia story that was being staged? So they were dumped in the ravine, and caustic potash was dumped on them in an unsuccessful attempt to speed their decomposition? But Ivanov’s team found them anyway.

Then, if we assume someone in Ivanov’s group had a Geiger counter, all the potassium dumped on these four bodies would have set it off, prompting the radiological examination of these four, and this would be consistent with the reported results. It follows that the remaining five bodies would not have been covered with caustic potash, so they would not set off a Geiger counter if they were scanned.

--- End quote ---

Wow. If only Igor were alive to comment on this. It's a very interesting idea.
Only till now I imagined the conspirators didn't mean to do something so horrific but wanted the bodies to be found only tried to avoid implication. Poring chemicals to speed the decomposition of the corpses kind of crosses the line.
Let me take care of the shooting and I will get back to it.

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Ryan on January 16, 2023, 07:07:23 AM ---Then, if we assume someone in Ivanov’s group had a Geiger counter, all the potassium dumped on these four bodies would have set it off, prompting the radiological examination of these four, and this would be consistent with the reported results. It follows that the remaining five bodies would not have been covered with caustic potash, so they would not set off a Geiger counter if they were scanned.

--- End quote ---

It didn't just happened someone to have Geiger counter, it was a big device back in the days, and Kikoin, a professor in 1959 was called on purpose. The question is why. It was a not a routine practice to bring a device like that. You needed to make a request and it comes with an expert.

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Teddy on January 17, 2023, 12:47:29 AM ---It didn't just happened someone to have Geiger counter, it was a big device back in the days, and Kikoin, a professor in 1959 was called on purpose. The question is why. It was a not a routine practice to bring a device like that. You needed to make a request and it comes with an expert.

--- End quote ---

The rest is correct but Kikoin had nothing to do with the testing of the bodies for radiation. He was at the pass in March. I had to read my own book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version