March 28, 2024, 11:12:52 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Post-Mortem Photos  (Read 7104 times)

May 12, 2018, 08:04:43 AM
Read 7104 times

Armide

Apologies if this is a stupid question. How were the post-mortem photos of the group released to the public? Did all of the parents of the group agree to have pictures of their children's corpses released? Were the photos released after the deaths of their parents? Was it simply a matter of transparency for the police at the time?

If Dubinina's father fainted upon seeing his daughter's corpse, there's no way he might have been fine with that picture of her corpse being released. Most of the pictures are evidence, sure, but what happened that gave us– random people online access to them?

May 12, 2018, 08:09:45 AM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I believe they were released as part of the case files when they were made public.   

Could be wrong thought....  too many details to remember in this case. 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 12, 2018, 05:25:13 PM
Reply #2

CalzagheChick

I would say that's a pretty great question, not stupid at all. I believe I mentioned something likewise about how she was so beautiful and now she's remembered to history in those photos of her autopsy, breasts exposed... everything.

May 13, 2018, 05:57:34 AM
Reply #3

Armide

I believe I mentioned something likewise about how she was so beautiful and now she's remembered to history in those photos of her autopsy, breasts exposed... everything.

Right? I don't have children of my own so I can't even imagine the pain the parents must have felt, but if that had been my sibling lying naked and decaying in the morgue, I think I would raise all hell to get those photos out of the public eye. I guess it must have been released as part of the criminal case, otherwise I can't think of a reason as to why a family member would release them. Unless... maybe they were angry at the lack of transparency in the case and wanted the world to see in what atrocious conditions their children died? I really don't know

June 07, 2018, 03:41:13 AM
Reply #4

CalzagheChick

Some newer photos are surfacing here lately that truly give those of us who have followed the case a more accurate look at the Cedar2. I had always felt like the photos I'd seen previously didn't really show the victims in their underwear as has been suggested by almost every single article on the subject of Dyatlov Pass. At best, I thought that maybe they considered long John's or thermal wear to be underwear at this time. That's what it always looked like to me.

Until recently. I saw the bodies that were stored by Boot Rock to be lifted out including the Cedar2 and Zinaida. They Cedar2 were clearly stripped down to their briefs. And to me, seeing it? For the first time? I was truly horrified. I know that he was dead when he was stripped of clothing that lent more minutes to another soul, but it was just too much to see. I don't think those photos should circulate the internet at all. Out of respect for the dead and the living families.

June 28, 2018, 05:59:45 AM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator
Post Mortem photos

I had seen one too many photos of corpses, and decided that enough is enough so I moved the post mortem photos in a separate section. If somebody wants to saturate their psyche into graphic crime scene photos 18+, it should be their choice, and they should be warned. Right now post mortem really disturbing photos are poping up left and right when you search for Dyatlov Pass. It looks like it is all natural the remains of your daughter or son to be plastered all over the internet.

There is no such thing as "release" in the former Soviet Union. This is not your paparazzi Hollywood environment where everybody can sue everybody for anything. Here is one more deep crease in the the cultural texture that separates us from Russians. Maybe if Komsomolskaya Pravda decided to clean the web from post mortem photos they may do so, but they decide to put their money into what brings their rating higher, and publish more skulls and bones. How do you exactly imagine the families of the victims pay a lawyer to bring down the post mortem images down? This was an issue that the Communist Party was in charge of. After it crumbled down it left a void.

Do you notice that any development in the case comes from the press or foreign journalists rising money? You don't see the families of the victims do anything, do you? They are only used as a facade.

July 03, 2018, 03:02:30 PM
Reply #6

CalzagheChick

Post Mortem photos

I had seen one too many photos of corpses, and decided that enough is enough so I moved the post mortem photos in a separate section. If somebody wants to saturate their psyche into graphic crime scene photos 18+, it should be their choice, and they should be warned. Right now post mortem really disturbing photos are poping up left and right when you search for Dyatlov Pass. It looks like it is all natural the remains of your daughter or son to be plastered all over the internet.

There is no such thing as "release" in the former Soviet Union. This is not your paparazzi Hollywood environment where everybody can sue everybody for anything. Here is one more deep crease in the the cultural texture that separates us from Russians. Maybe if Komsomolskaya Pravda decided to clean the web from post mortem photos they may do so, but they decide to put their money into what brings their rating higher, and publish more skulls and bones. How do you exactly imagine the families of the victims pay a lawyer to bring down the post mortem images down? This was an issue that the Communist Party was in charge of. After it crumbled down it left a void.

Do you notice that any development in the case comes from the press or foreign journalists rising money? You don't see the families of the victims do anything, do you? They are only used as a facade.

I don't mean to come off as completely ignorant, but I really know nothing about Russian politics. I get this overall feeling when considering the gaping hole that was left behind with the fall of Soviet communism that embracing Western democratic politics and capitalist economics maybe wasn't the best thing for the Russian people? I mean it looks like the old communists suffered the most because they didn't know how to maximize the benefits of those governing forces and the younger people just really took to it by exploiting the **** out of it (pardon my French, but I see no honor in those massive grave stones of top Russian mob figures and their cars--paid for with blood money most likely from human trafficking of the weak, poor, starving and destitute former-Soviet people whose only crimes were not clawing their way to the top of the food chain no matter who they had to crush in the spirit of the new ways of government because they simply wished to raise simple, good families in stable homes but instead fell victim to the cruel realities where people are only as good as their dollar)... is this the case?

Because you're right. It has never truly been about the families. There's absolutely ZERO regard for the families and little to speak of them save for POSSIBLY a few passages in modern books where writers had to visit with surviving relatives. And it appears that as soon as the media that often cover the case catch wind of these modern writers (mostly foreign) they quickly try to place a spin on the intentions of foreign interest being about money. I don't think it's about money at all. I'm not sure KP knows this, but writing books is NOT a lucrative business in the United States. People don't buy books. Why? They can get the same information on the WWW.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:19:43 PM by CalzagheChick »

July 03, 2018, 05:21:25 PM
Reply #7

CalzagheChick

I am glad that you decided enough is enough Teddy and moved the files out of respect for the deceased and their families. Since it's obvious that not many people keep those two entities in mind when it comes to this tragedy.

August 23, 2018, 01:30:11 PM
Reply #8

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Iam sure that there were a lot more photos taken but not released for public consumption.
DB