March 28, 2024, 01:38:45 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Theory: Working Backwards  (Read 6600 times)

September 13, 2022, 08:01:03 PM
Reply #30

Ziljoe

Thank you Igor b, as always.

I find Vladimir Askinadzi statements and memories interesting.

@igor b, if I may ask again, do you think Vladimir Askinadzi is reliable from his perspective or fantasising over fading memories?.

He said he knew Zina and seems to speak highly of her. It is difficult to fully iinterpret/ understand the context  from russian to English in the communication between the interview/questions but I see it as supporting the fact that the searchers and people in charge, rushed the investigation. Possibly they didn't care that much and just wanted it all concluded  and move forward ?

Maybe this rush to end any investigation has added to the mystery ? I note also that Vladimir Askinadzi describes the state of the bodies in the stream as being missing hair/skin  etc. Also, that the snow was wet above the bodies and it was a strong flow of water that they had to build a dam to excavate the bodies.

Is my interpretation correct?

September 14, 2022, 07:16:28 AM
Reply #31

Игорь Б.

Аскинадзи достаточно надёжен как свидетель. У него есть ошибки, но он не придумывает.
Я думаю дело закрыли потому, что обнаружили следы неизвестного химического воздействия в результатах химических и гистологических экспертиз, в связи с чем эти экспертизы исчезли из уголовного дела.
Причём, власти действительно не понимали причину этого химического воздействия. Власти знали, что они ни в чём не виноваты, но понимали, что не смогут доказать людям свою невиновность.
Проводить дальше какие-либо следственные действия было бессмысленно и следствие фактически признало, что не знает причину гибели туристов, сославшись на некую неизвестную стихийную силу. 
An example of the impact of chemical weapons of a skunk (wolverine) in a tent:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=117054

September 15, 2022, 05:34:17 PM
Reply #32

GlennM

Ziljoe, then again, could it be that the rush to judgement was based on the plain and simple truth that the hikers experienced a natural calamity?  It seems ( not to put too fine a point on it) that beating a dead horse won't make the horse go any faster. A natural calamity affected nine people, it's  explanation does not mean that they were sinisterly manipulated in life or death.  To me, the whole episode from the discovery to the investigation, to the burial shows good people doing their best with what they had to account for, administer and honor the dead. It does no good to hold Nature accountable. Nature is indifferent to us. It is easier to blame and suspect people because we are better equipped to inflict pain on each other than on a tree, snow or running water in a creek. Perhaps the original determination of an unknown compelling force should have been a transient compelling force. Even now, I accept the slab slip as an official theory. It is not fact. Comments?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 07:09:05 PM by GlennM »

September 16, 2022, 03:12:32 PM
Reply #33

Ziljoe

Hi GlennM

It could be that they did the best they could , there was a lot of pressure to end the case. Once they found the last bodies in the ravine in a severe state of decay I would suspect they wanted  to move forward. The search for the hikers looks relatively straight forward. Students, locals , Mansi soldiers etc were all called in to find the group, hopefully alive. There doesn't seem to much secrecy about the search. Just a lot of speculation.

January 14, 2023, 12:59:38 PM
Reply #34

Per Inge Oestmoen

I don't believe there were secret activities taking place given the Mansi were free to roam and hunt.  If there was some cover up, I don't think the authorities would have let students/Mansi join the search.

That was part of the cover up, as was the action taken towards the Mansi: They were first told that they were under suspicion. Then suddenly a seamstress said that the tent was cut from the inside, and this was used by the authorities to explain why the Mansi were not the killers.

What was behind the above? The Russian authorities including the secret police which more than likely orchestrated and executed the killing mission simply told the Mansi that "if you ever tell anyone what you saw during the night of February 2, we will not let you off the hook a second time."

That way, the Russian security forces made sure that the Mansi would remain silent.

January 14, 2023, 05:12:10 PM
Reply #35

GlennM

If even a single Mansi enjoyed a toddy or two, I guarantee, the lubricating effect of beverage alcohol would have exposed the truth long ago.

January 14, 2023, 11:00:22 PM
Reply #36

Почемучка

If even a single Mansi enjoyed a toddy or two, I guarantee, the lubricating effect of beverage alcohol would have exposed the truth long ago.
Манси убивает именно водка. Они много и добровольно пьют. Но никто из них под воздействием этилового спирта - не бредит настолько, чтоб это было доказательствами для выше описанной теории.
It is vodka that kills Mansi. They drink a lot and voluntarily. But none of them, under the influence of ethyl alcohol, are delirious enough to be evidence for the theory described above.
Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

The following users thanked this post: Larisa

January 15, 2023, 03:18:19 PM
Reply #37

GlennM

Alcohol is a depressant. As such, it lowers inhibitions. Some,sing,,some,fight,some talk,  all sleep after a while. Mansi would talk if there was something to,say. They do not fear KGB who would rather be in Moscow, not waiting around in the snow.

January 15, 2023, 10:26:19 PM
Reply #38

Почемучка

Alcohol is a depressant. As such, it lowers inhibitions. Some,sing,,some,fight,some talk,  all sleep after a while. Mansi would talk if there was something to,say. They do not fear KGB who would rather be in Moscow, not waiting around in the snow.
Именно это я и хотела донести до Вас.
This is exactly what I wanted to convey to you.
Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

January 16, 2023, 07:30:07 PM
Reply #39

GlennM

Great minds think alike dance1

January 16, 2023, 09:02:53 PM
Reply #40

Почемучка

Great minds think alike dance1
Осталось довести Вас до того, чтоб Вы стали думать как русский...
It remains to bring you to the point where you begin to think like a Russian ...

The following users thanked this post: Larisa