March 28, 2024, 05:36:13 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: I say goodbye  (Read 9737 times)

November 29, 2020, 03:20:04 PM
Read 9737 times

WAB

Dear friends, it's time say goodbye. I will not write anything on this forum anymore, so I want to wish you success in studying this hopeless ( grin1 - it's joke) case.
There is very little reliable and verified information. Even in translated texts there are a lot of errors and misunderstandings of meaning. This is a misfortune of information theory, not the fault of the translator.  I am very sorry about it, but I can't fix anything anymore.
I have already written 500 messages, so some of it is already available in them.
Once again, I would like to wish success to everyone who is interested in.....

November 29, 2020, 09:50:05 PM
Reply #1

Morski

Sad to hear this, dear WAB. Thank you for the effort and good bye!

Martin thanky1
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

November 29, 2020, 11:36:27 PM
Reply #2

Nigel Evans

All the best. That we can discuss (and disagree kewl1 ) across distances and languages via the internet is a fine thing which you have nobly put to good use.

Farewell.  loco1

November 30, 2020, 12:08:01 AM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
It is an honor knowing you.

November 30, 2020, 02:46:56 PM
Reply #4

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Well thats a shame. But I guess a lot of us at times have wondered if its any use continuing, being faced with virtually no evidence and  uncooperative Authorities. But Iam sure WAB will not be far away from the quest.
DB

December 01, 2020, 01:50:13 PM
Reply #5

DH106

Best wishes WAB - and thank you for all your efforts.

December 01, 2020, 01:58:05 PM
Reply #6

varuna

sorry to hear that.
I did not post so much now. Mostly because I have nothing to say here really !
WIthout this pleague , I was supposed to ride across Russia towards Kazakstan this spring . Hope it will be possible anotther, if the shape and strength will be still here.
Because I appreciate russian culture people and country .
Как вас зовут, сэр?
Vania
le luxe c'est l'eau chaude ( former swiss colonel)
( luxury is hot water)

December 01, 2020, 02:13:14 PM
Reply #7

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
WAB.... you are the man, the myth, a legend.  We are all here for you and have thoroughly enjoy your posts.   
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

December 01, 2020, 02:20:14 PM
Reply #8

ARCDOC

WAB - you know - your knowledge is very annoying for me and for many fumbling in the dark. You leave very little to explore, since there is simply not a single stone unturned by you. Even if you’ll stop writing, we’ll still be extremely busy going through all that you have already shared of that knowledge. Thank you so much for all details, grand perspectives and sober thoughts already transferred. Not the least, all that you have done on site in the Dyatlov pass. WAB - your knowledge will keep things moving for decades to come. Thank you for all the inspiration! See’ya / Richard...

December 01, 2020, 02:34:18 PM
Reply #9

hoosiergose

WAB - Sir- undeniably you have many friends on this Forum- your scientific insight regarding this mysterious & baffling case have been very compelling. (Pun intended) please take care
Tovarich - translation-(friend)
Hoosiergose
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 02:47:16 PM by hoosiergose »

December 01, 2020, 02:37:46 PM
Reply #10

MDGross

WAB, I have learned much from you my friend. How never to take anything on face value, but always dig deeper. Your many contributions to this forum have been invaluable. You are our expert on life in Russia now, and in 1959. I shall always remember all of your careful and diligent work on this difficult and unending mystery.

December 01, 2020, 04:11:05 PM
Reply #11

RMK

I'm sorry to see you go, WAB.  Your expertise made you such a valuable asset to this forum's community.  I'm flattered that you replied to one of my threads before you posted this message of farewell.

December 01, 2020, 04:38:17 PM
Reply #12

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Farewell WAB.  I have very much enjoyed conversing with you about the dpi.  Your knowledge, wisdom and expertise is a bright light on a dark night.  Like a spectacular dance of energy.

Take care

Star man

December 01, 2020, 08:28:31 PM
Reply #13

Squatch

Dear friends, it's time say goodbye. I will not write anything on this forum anymore, so I want to wish you success in studying this hopeless ( grin1 - it's joke) case.
There is very little reliable and verified information. Even in translated texts there are a lot of errors and misunderstandings of meaning. This is a misfortune of information theory, not the fault of the translator.  I am very sorry about it, but I can't fix anything anymore.
I have already written 500 messages, so some of it is already available in them.
Once again, I would like to wish success to everyone who is interested in.....

We love you and want this mystery to be solved! The truth is always revealed, no matter how long it takes!!!

December 01, 2020, 11:05:41 PM
Reply #14

RidgeWatcher

Truly an honor WAB to be able to converse with you and hear your opinions on different topics. I felt you were an expert on the archives and more detailed information on this forum. You will be missed. We can only be very lucky if you visit us from time to time, in case you change your mind. Your patience with us new members was always kind. Thank you, WAB

December 02, 2020, 12:30:53 AM
Reply #15

Teddy

Administrator

December 02, 2020, 12:45:36 AM
Reply #16

bertie

Dear WAB, my thanks.

True expertise surely reveals itself as time passes and that has been true of your presence on this forum.

I have come to realise that 99.999% of what has been written on the Dyatlov topic (certainly including everything I have written) is just ill-informed egocentric nonsense.  It is your writing that revealed this to me.
Thank you 🙏🙏🙏

I have read your proposed scenario (which like all true experts you have never pushed) and I have chosen to believe this as the truth, since I feel the truth will never be known in any certain way.
I wish you peace and comfort.
My kindest regards, Bertie

December 02, 2020, 12:58:37 AM
Reply #17

Aspen

Thank you WAB for all the important information you provided.  We learned so much from you.

December 02, 2020, 02:18:11 AM
Reply #18

ikemitsu

WAB, a big thank you for your contributions! Specifically, you answered my questions about the locations in Ivdel. I will remember that.

December 02, 2020, 11:29:35 AM
Reply #19

Monty

And so, the final curtain. I wish it was longer so I could learn more. Sincere greetings sir, from the Athens of the North. Paul
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:41:30 AM by Monty »

December 03, 2020, 03:45:28 AM
Reply #20

Naufragia

All the best to you, sir. I've very much enjoyed reading your contributions and I have always appreciated your commonsense approach to this mystery. Sincere thanks.

December 03, 2020, 01:20:14 PM
Reply #21

marieuk

I'm fairly new and still working my way through the huge amount of information on here, but wanted to thank you for all the patience you've showed in your replies to everyone.  And of course your knowledge and expertise.  It's been interesting to hear a little about Russia too.  I hope you manage to still call in now and again when you can.  take care of yourself  thumb1

December 04, 2020, 03:03:52 PM
Reply #22

cz

Dear WAB,
Thank you so much for your time, unshakable kindness, and all the insights you shared with us on this forum!
До свидания, CZ 

December 06, 2020, 07:34:23 PM
Reply #23

mk

Thank you, Mr. WAB, for all you've contributed to this forum and to the DPI mystery.  You are an honorable soul, full of dedication and wisdom; thank you so much for sharing some of that wisdom with us. You have a special combination of determination and tact which will be sorely missed. There is much you've written which I look forward to reading.  My thoughts and prayers are with you in whatever step you undertake next.

December 09, 2020, 12:24:49 AM
Reply #24

eurocentric

Sorry to hear you are leaving the forum, thank you for your contributions, and my best wishes to you.

The DPI occurred at a time when our nations were sworn enemies, but its mystery unites people the world over, and the more we get to know of the hikers lives and fraternity the more they seem like every one of us.

December 18, 2020, 08:35:36 AM
Reply #25

Lupos

This year I have to spend the winter in Germany. Thailand, where my family lives, is practically closed to (poor) foreigners by the military dictatorship there (Corona). Rich people are always welcome, like everywhere else in the world lol4
This is the first time for me in 10 years with snow and cold.

I could tell that my "Cold Tolerance" has dropped immensely. Expressed in numbers, I would now only classify myself in a range of 20°C (+/- 20°C).
I think real Russians have a "Tolerance Range" starting from 0°C (+ 20°C / - 50°C).  While I only take my clothes off for swimming at +30°C, a Russian does that when the ice layer is below 50 cm, because he can chop it up with an axe:-)

Because of this involuntary stay in Germany, I took the opportunity to renovate my house during the last months. It was raining into my winter garden. So, I tore off the 20 m2 of plastic sheets from the roof and replaced them with trapezoidal steel sheets.
All the floors were covered with laminate and the electrics were renewed in many places.

Because of these priorities, I completely neglected my attention to the "Dyatlov disaster".

I was all the more surprised when I read that you, WAB, are leaving this forum.
It took me a whole day to realize that, because for me you are an important part of this informative forum. Practically indispensable, as they say.

Over 500 posts here alone and probably just as many posts in the other forums. That makes my 500 hours spent on the subject of the "Dyatlov accident" pale into insignificance. By my estimate, you must have spent 3 000 to 4 000 hours, if that's enough.

Your reports and comments have been and continue to be an almost endless source of solid information.

When I first read up on the subject of the Dyatlov disaster on the Internet, I was almost overwhelmed by the countless comments in the many forums.
Then there were the opposing viewpoints and interpretations of what had happened. But I wanted to objectively examine every conceivable theory that was put forward.

Again, and again, one name caught my eye that argued in a factual and well-founded manner: WAB!

Being a physicist, I love precise answers. The very topic of "Avalanche" excites a natural scientist. I read through your comments, your calculations based on measurements on the snow at Kholat and could immediately put the subject aside. For me there was nothing new to discover, because „WAB" had proved everything.

That this topic has now come to the foreground again, I think is total nonsense, because apart from the fact that this possibility should be mentioned, it has been clearly refuted.

I practically always proceeded in the same way.
I first looked for the comments of "WAB" and then I partly read the other comments. That way I saved a lot of time.

In general, I can see that there are only a handful of commentators on this disaster who argue in a well-founded and factual manner.

To go back to the beginning of my comment, a few years ago I had already planned to travel to the "Kholat" to get an exact picture of it. But as I described, I am not a "Snow-Man", although I grew up in the Harz mountains in Germany (born 1949) and I knew really cold winters with -20°C very well. Our clothes were comparably bad to those of the Dyatlov group.

Why should I also embark on such a stressful journey? There is "Google Earth" and you can explore the area well in 2 dimensions.
If you then take your well-founded travel reports, your countless photos, you have a 3-dimensional picture in your head.

A comparable weather situation as on 27/28 Jan 2015 with 35 m/s, which you had experienced.

By the way, on 20 December 2020, i.e. next Sunday, another deadly storm will sweep over the "Kholat" from the west, around 4 o'clock (local time). The wind speeds are then in the free atmosphere, at 1000 m altitude already over 30 m/s and will be this time at the campsite more than 40 m/s, due to the Bernoulli effect and in gusts over 50 m/s.

R.Holmgren has completed a film with "Swedish TV" of his "Kholat Expedition" on 27 to 29 Jan 2019. Soon it will probably be available on the internet. I have also contributed something about meteorology. There I present my latest discoveries about a "Cold Air Drop" which came under the influence of high pressure from 5 000m to 10 000m, within hours, on the night of 1/2 February 1959 and let extremely cold air flow vertically onto the Urals (confirmed by the chronological sequence of measuring stations). This cold air also penetrated the protective forest from above and sealed the fate of the group there. Meteorologists are aware of such a natural phenomenon and even today they have the greatest problems with the most modern means to classify it in the weather forecast.
I will describe everything in my announced new report.

"Stay on the ball", as they say in Germany, and continue to follow the events in this forum as a silent reader.

Merry and blessed Christmas

P.S.
By the way, I believe that you, just like me and some others, are not publishing their theories and research to get fame and glory, but to pay tribute to the tragic death of the Dyatlov group.  No one knows exactly what really happened to the group on 1/2 February 1959.
Was it just the forces of nature, was it the psyche, or both.
I believe that we would have met the same fate if we had been in the group.

Afterwards, everyone is clever.

In the wrong place at the wrong time.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:02:21 AM by Lupos »