March 28, 2024, 10:30:10 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Tent, cedar, ravine  (Read 12206 times)

May 03, 2019, 08:08:28 AM
Reply #30

Clacon

I'm just trying to establish if they would have been going between the Cedar and the Ravine? Also, do you think all 6 of them were at the Cedar together??

Its my understanding - if we're looking at the map Nigel posted from the website, that the den was to the right of the "70 metres" line, but down (south) a little(?)

Was it on the same side of the river as the Cedar or across the river on the other side?

If they were crossing the river on snow and ice on top of it, this could lend credence to the weak spot and fall theory.

Also - Star Man - do you think that traversing the icy and rocky ridges on the way to the Cedar could account for the 3's "fist fight" and facial injuries?

I'll repost question under simplest possible credible explanation too if you think its more appropriate there.

May 03, 2019, 12:24:00 PM
Reply #31

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
I'm just trying to establish if they would have been going between the Cedar and the Ravine? Also, do you think all 6 of them were at the Cedar together??

Its my understanding - if we're looking at the map Nigel posted from the website, that the den was to the right of the "70 metres" line, but down (south) a little(?)

Was it on the same side of the river as the Cedar or across the river on the other side?

If they were crossing the river on snow and ice on top of it, this could lend credence to the weak spot and fall theory.

Also - Star Man - do you think that traversing the icy and rocky ridges on the way to the Cedar could account for the 3's "fist fight" and facial injuries?

I'll repost question under simplest possible credible explanation too if you think its more appropriate there.

Possibly.  It's difficult to say if, and where there was a fist fight.  The autopsy reports seem to have some good supporting evidence that there was a fist fight.  If it wasn't the cause of the dpi then the stress of the situation could easily have resulted in a fight.

I wanted to have a look at WABs video of the descent of the mountain but haven't yet.

Regards

Star man