Theories Discussion > General Discussion

An Unknown Compelling Force

<< < (2/3) > >>

gunmat:
Thank you for your summary of the film. Since you have direct and internal knowledge about the background of the film, you speak with authority. I have only seen the film as a spectator and based on that, without any theories in mind, some impressions have stuck with me. The film is worth watching.
Svetlana Oss's Mansi theory serves as a leitmotif, without drawing firm conclusions. That's why I say the director maintains a reasonable distance from those involved.

Svetlana exaggerates the effects of the fly agaric mushroom and downplays other factors that do not support her theory. But this is a technique used in all available theories of the disaster to strengthen a theory. After watching the film, I read her book "Don't Go There". There, I saw that she struggled to explain the injuries on the victims. In order to do so, she created a description of the effects of the fly agaric mushroom, which is factually incorrect. The mushroom is not kryptonite that gives people superpowers. Instead of saying that one person could inflict similar injuries on another person using a heavy rifle butt from a hunting rifle, she gets tangled up in a dubious story. Thus, the theory collapses at a crucial point.

It's interesting to hear FBI agents Ken Holmes and Mick Fennerty talk about evidence. (retired)

The film explains to a large extent the search teams' reluctance to move the bodies without them being placed in sealed coffins, by revealing the Kyshtym disaster. Those involved in the search probably had knowledge of the disaster that occurred in 1957. The film also reveals that Georgy Krivonischenko and Aleksander Kolevatov had practiced at laboratories where nuclear material was handled. It was on their clothing that radioactivity was found. These seem like plausible explanations for the measured radioactivity. The radiaton should be disconnected from the mystery-

Also, read: https://dyatlovpass.com/radioctive-trace

Additionally, the film contains other interesting things that are not relevant to the mystery.

Axelrod:
I watched this movie and I think the title of the movie contains a double translation error.
A more correct translation is "force majeure".

As for theories, I was reminded of the Norwegian researcher Thor Heyerdahl, who confirmed the idea that the inhabitants of Easter Island were immigrants from South America through his own experience.

Later genetic studies showed the opposite. that they are immigrants from Indonesia. This conclusion can also be made by comparing the language of the island's inhabitants with the languages of Polynesia. But it seems that the Norwegian was only interested in his own ideas.

gunmat:
The title of the film is created by a British-born man. I assume he has a grasp of his own native language.

Regarding Thor Heyerdal, he was an adventurer who was never accepted by academics as a serious researcher. Even though on his expeditions, he actually proved that things considered academically unthinkable were indeed possible. One of the things he demonstrated was how long a balsa raft would stay afloat if built correctly. What is less known from the Kon-Tiki expedition is that the U.S. Navy, prior to the expedition, conducted some experiments with balsa wood and concluded that the raft would float for about 3 weeks. Kon-Tiki, however, floated successfully for 52 days at sea.

What the Americans did was to cut balsa wood into cubes of different sizes, drop them into saltwater, and then record how long each cube remained afloat. Based on this, and the dimensions of the trees used for Kon-Tiki, they calculated how long the raft could float. (assuming that the calculations were based on averages with the addition of standard deviations) This was considered science, but today, researchers would likely say that the method was neither valid nor reliable. It simply relied on flawed assumptions... (similar to some theories in the Dyatlov mystery)

Ziljoe:
The film would seem to be another general introduction to Dyatlov pass to get views by it's creators , unfortunately we now know that people being asked questions were given the answers that the producers wanted to film. It sounds like they just wanted an open ended documentary. Plus they didn't research forums like this one.

The reluctance to carry the bodies on the helicopter is not related to the Kyshtym disaster. Where did this come from?

gunmat:
Ja. from where?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version