Theories Discussion > Lightning strike / Ball lightning

Carbon 14 is a beta emitter and occurs naturally

<< < (2/21) > >>

Nigel Evans:
Of course it is quite possible that the contamination came from some of the members occupations.

Loose}{Cannon:
We have no idea what substances these two individuals were working with, and I would presume it wouldn't be limited to uranium alone. 

If I recall, the levels detected were BARELY above normal environment levels.  No?

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on November 07, 2018, 06:49:03 AM ---We have no idea what substances these two individuals were working with, and I would presume it wouldn't be limited to uranium alone. 

If I recall, the levels detected were BARELY above normal environment levels.  No?

--- End quote ---
The individuals would have probably encountered strontium - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_beta_emitters
The issue with the radiation is the water test that could be interpreted as showing that the initial levels (before being in immersed in flowing meltwater for some time) were very high.

Jacques-Emile:
Physics asks how much as well as what is.

--- Quote ---Carbon-14 may also be produced by lightning bolts but in the amounts negligible compared to cosmic rays.
--- End quote ---
Humans have 4,000 Bq beta decay from body potassium, and 3,700 from 14C. The amounts of radiation on clothing was less than 10,000 Bq, less than twice what each person's body created.
Potassium-rich meltwater running over minerals could explain all.
Strontium-90 is product nuclear reactor's or weapons. Why there in Urals?

Nigel Evans:
Carbon-14 may also be produced by lightning bolts but in the amounts negligible compared to cosmic rays.
Yes but what if some unusual high energy electro magnetic phenomena is occurring at ground level?

Potassium-rich meltwater running over minerals could explain all.
Agreed :-
The materials examined contained radioactive traces within normal limits of the natural content for the potassium 40 isotope.
Oss, Svetlana. Don't Go There: Post Mortem (p. 104). LiberWriter.com. Kindle Edition.

Strontium-90 is product nuclear reactor's or weapons. Why there in Urals?
Because some of the group worked at nuclear sites or had done recently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version