Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Maslennikov Notebook Question on Search Camp

(1/12) > >>

KFinn:
On the 5 of March, Maslennikov transcribed a radiogram that, among other requests such as having the students send messages home to their worried parents, stated, "Set round the clock armed duty in the tent."  This was referring to the searchers tent, as the Dyatlov tent had been removed by then.  Why did this suddenly become a concern 10 days into the search?  It was after the fire/smoke incident (26-27 Feb.)  I don't find any other indication of why.  Am I missing something?

GKM:
I remember reading that as well or something of that sort. Never found anything further on it. Sorry I couldn't help you.

Nigel Evans:
The investigation initially focused on the mansi and rounded up their leaders for "interviews" which were apparently a tad rough. So its just a guess but they might have decided to tighten up security in case of reprisals. The KGB staff always carried their pistols.

KFinn:

--- Quote from: Nigel Evans on February 23, 2021, 09:17:25 AM ---The investigation initially focused on the mansi and rounded up their leaders for "interviews" which were apparently a tad rough. So its just a guess but they might have decided to tighten up security in case of reprisals. The KGB staff always carried their pistols.

--- End quote ---

That would fit in with the time frame.  At least some of the Mansion interviews were the second week of March, roughly. 

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: KFinn on February 22, 2021, 08:20:49 PM ---On the 5 of March, Maslennikov transcribed a radiogram that, among other requests such as having the students send messages home to their worried parents, stated, "Set round the clock armed duty in the tent."  This was referring to the searchers tent, as the Dyatlov tent had been removed by then.  Why did this suddenly become a concern 10 days into the search?  It was after the fire/smoke incident (26-27 Feb.)  I don't find any other indication of why.  Am I missing something?

--- End quote ---

Its very interesting. He says ; Weapons here are more than enougth. Enougth for what  ! ? Its early March, the Mansi have been helping with the searches. The last 4 bodies are not found until May. Interesting to note that strange Lights in the sky were observed during the time that the Search Parties were searching. Something else mentioned in the Notebooks is ; All footprints of Dyatlov's group found in the search area were photographed, there are no wolf tracks here. And yet we have very little in the way of Photographs of Footprints  !  ?  Could some Photographs have gone missing like so much else in this Dyatlov Mystery.
MASLENNIKOV 2ND NOTEBOOK

Scan 37

Radio 5/III

Today was windy again, the wind swept 15 meters, visibility is poor. Yesterday, the Shestopalov group passed a section near the cedar 300x120 meters. Today the detachment worked especially hard, covered 500 meters from 250 to 150 meters wide. Halfway between Kolmogorova and Dyatlov, a fifth body was found under 15 centimeters layer of snow. This is more than likely Rustem Slobodin. Wearing a warm ski cap on his head, black sweater cotton pants underpants three pairs of socks. Abrasions in several places on his face. There is a wound on the hand.

Scan 37

On one leg, a black felt boot. A watch pobeda on his wrist stopped at a quarter to nine. Lying with his head bent in the direction of the mountain. An act is drawn up. Tomorrow afternoon we will carry him up. Remained area of 500x100 square. All groups are merged now for the search in one, walking with probes close to each other in a front of 30 people sectors on the search site divided in squares. It will be tomorrow too. The tent is guarded around the clock from the first day of work, Weapons here are more than enough.=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version