Theories Discussion > Avalanche

You want avalanches? Here we go

<< < (8/8)

Squatch:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on August 14, 2020, 09:30:16 AM ---But this scenerio supposes that they were expecting the weather to get worse. Therefore they would have been prepared for an evacuation of the Tent.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps not. I think they were overconfident and maybe thought the storm would not get any worse. Or it would not turn into anything they could not handle. And surely there would be time to properly evacuate if the weather got worse?

When you look at all the pictures they took, they were very jubilant and carefree. With the exception of Zolotaryov, they were all young and thought they would live forever. I did at their age. And at 38 years old Zolotaryov had been through World War 2 and what could be worse than that?

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Squatch on August 14, 2020, 12:15:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: sarapuk on August 14, 2020, 09:30:16 AM ---But this scenerio supposes that they were expecting the weather to get worse. Therefore they would have been prepared for an evacuation of the Tent.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps not. I think they were overconfident and maybe thought the storm would not get any worse. Or it would not turn into anything they could not handle. And surely there would be time to properly evacuate if the weather got worse?

When you look at all the pictures they took, they were very jubilant and carefree. With the exception of Zolotaryov, they were all young and thought they would live forever. I did at their age. And at 38 years old Zolotaryov had been through World War 2 and what could be worse than that?

--- End quote ---

I have camped out in storm and decided to stay with the Tent I had. If I thought that the weather was going to get worse to the point of me having to evacuate the Tent I would have left fully clothed and equipped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version