Victims and Case Files > Rustem Slobodin

Why did Rustem Slobodin die first?

<< < (2/6) > >>

SteveCalley:
On the lights - the description sounds like a multistage rocket, witnessed by people who never saw one before or understood how they work. That's most people in 1959. A test flight, detonated deliberately after staging, to destroy spy evidence. S-75 Dvina. U-2 killer. Used about one year later in action. In February 1959 it was under rapid development.

SteveCalley:
The Three fought like wildcats, that's for sure. Zina dished out a beating to someone. You notice her poor wounded hands? She was the only one with fingernail injuries. Someone's eyes may have been clawed out. And like the men, she also had punch injuries to her knuckles. What a fighter!
It's sad that such bravery did not triumph-the enemy had a rifle butt for Rustem, and a baton weapon that hit Zina. Rustem was immobile for a long time before he succumbed; thus the icy deathbed. Igor and Zina never gave up, dying while still crawling. How brave! A toast to some tough kids with heart.

Per Inge Oestmoen:

--- Quote from: Teddy on January 23, 2018, 02:10:16 AM ---The perpetrators couldn't believe that the hikers still haven't died, starting a fire and all... I think the fire played a crucial role for the monsters to trot down the hill and finish them. Fact is that the longer they lived the more they were beaten. The ones that died last sustained the worse injuries. I don't see why would anybody speculate that the hikers beat each other to death? Why would they do such a thing?

--- End quote ---

The films and diaries all demonstrate that the atmosphere was good and friendly between the group members. There is nothing that points to any of them having caused the death of their friends.

As for the question of why Rustem Slobodin died first, since we do not know definitely we can only guess. My guess is that since Slobodin was described as the most athletic in the group, he tried to fight back first as soon as he sensed that the attackers would avoid to leave telling marks like bullet wounds and knife cuts. But even if he - somewhat surprisingly - managed to hit his attackers, he succumbed to the killers after having received a hard blow that fractured his skull and must have rendered him incapacitated.

The fact that the four who supposedly died last - Dubinina, Zolotaryov, Kolevatov and Thibeaux-Brignolle - also were those who were attacked with the strongest force is significant, and is just another piece of evidence that the group was indeed attacked by people with the intention to kill.

The way I see it, the crucial factor here is that those four were those who had the best clothing. Since they were better dressed than the others, it is likely that the killers judged it necessary to ensure their rapid death to get the job done - which they did by using greater force that resulted in more severe injuries than those found in the five first victims who were so badly dressed that the cold completed the killing. The attackers knew very well what they did, and the execution of their attack was very intelligent and calculated.

SteveCalley:
Cruelty, practiced human cruelty, like a dancer or fencer practices. I doubt even the angriest Khanty could do such human desecration without mercy. Dyatlov and Zina perhaps trussed in the snow to die. These assassins were monsters by training. Who did such devilish training? That answers a lot of the riddle.

WAB:

--- Quote from: SteveCalley on March 19, 2018, 08:20:22 PM ---Cruelty, practiced human cruelty, like a dancer or fencer practices. I doubt even the angriest Khanty could do such human desecration without mercy.
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course. But I have 2 remarks:
1.Such it is almost impossible to make in the conditions of the N.Ural`s wood in the winter.
2. Khany and Munsi it is 2 different people, as Russian and Ukrainian or different groups of North American Indians, for example: as Cherokee and Seminole or Iroquois. At them different culture and inhabitancy.

--- Quote from: SteveCalley on March 19, 2018, 08:20:22 PM ---Dyatlov and Zina perhaps trussed in the snow to die.
--- End quote ---

This simplification in concept or misunderstanding of why there are such signs is possible. Such traces on foot, probably were that they used «bakhily» - canvas bags be located on foot what to protect boots for skis from get soaked from snow. In these picture are visible «bakhily» standing at Krivonishchenko (pic. #1)

pic. #1

On next picture it is visible that outsets are mount in the bottom of feet and about a foot knee.
On extension picture it is ( pic. #2)

pic. #2

It is possible to see that if strongly to tighten outsets standing there can be a trace as though to it connected feet. Actually it is not present.
And at Djatlov ( pic #3)

pic. #3 

On pic.#3 you visible that outsets in the bottom of feet at it are compressed by a rope, and above (a pink ellipse) it is not appreciable. Probably, because there it had not outsets a rope, and a usual elastic band.

--- Quote from: SteveCalley on March 19, 2018, 08:20:22 PM ---These assassins were monsters by training. Who did such devilish training? That answers a lot of the riddle.

--- End quote ---

In this history it is a lot of myths and conjectures. No monsters there existing. As it can be seen on an example «bakhily», it is possible to think up much that actually it will be simple imagination.

PS. I have not understood, if in this Subject it is necessary to discuss «Why did Rustem Slobodin die first?», why we speak about the general questions, or of about Rustem Slobodin die?
If to know many elements of this incident, it turns out, what Rustem Slobodin die no first?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version