March 18, 2024, 10:16:00 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The "Mystery Man" photo  (Read 12296 times)

April 18, 2021, 05:10:03 PM
Read 12296 times

salvaje20

Greetings Forum.  I by chance came across the DPI and I found it intriguing.  I know a little but not much.  I just finished reading "Death of Nine: The Dyatlov Pass Mystery" by Launton Anderson which was certainly interesting and made some solid points but that is the extent of what I know.  The "Mystery Man" photo that one of the victims took near the end I'm sure has been covered here before.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your opinions on it?  I've read that it's a Yeti, one of the victims, one of the hikers from the other expedition also hiking at the same time, a CIA agent, a KGB agent, a lost hunter, a crazed lunatic, etc.  The figure looks human as far as I can tell.  If it was one of the 9 hikers, I would think that would be a strange photo to take.  What would be the point of it?  Can't rule it out but seems unlikely.  Any thoughts?

April 18, 2021, 05:14:38 PM
Reply #1

Dona

Its a selfie of Nick. Its one of 5 pics taken in a row, of him taking selfies..

April 18, 2021, 06:54:50 PM
Reply #2

Manti

Yes I agree with Dona.

To explain more, if you look here you can see the photos he took in order. The figure, as much as it's possible to make any statement about such an out of focus photo, seems to be wearing trousers and outerwear of similar tones to Tibo in the previous photos. And the setting also seems similar.

So, this is the most logical explanation.

If you look at his other photos, some of them are also out of focus and some seem to lack any subject at all so the "mystery man" one is not that out of the ordinary in this sense...

Also, welcome to the Forum, Salvaje!

April 19, 2021, 12:34:24 AM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
Welcome to the forum.
Here is my opinion: https://dyatlovpass.com/theories#yeti

You have to look at the photo together with the previous frames: https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-thibeaux-brignolle
Tibo is playing fool in the snow, then goes to pee and someone not adjusting the focus snaps a photo of him. See the trail leading from the photographer to the creature? This is Tibo's track going into the woods to pee.

This is Nikolay Thibeaux-Brignolle (Tibo)

April 19, 2021, 12:03:08 PM
Reply #4

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Greetings Forum.  I by chance came across the DPI and I found it intriguing.  I know a little but not much.  I just finished reading "Death of Nine: The Dyatlov Pass Mystery" by Launton Anderson which was certainly interesting and made some solid points but that is the extent of what I know.  The "Mystery Man" photo that one of the victims took near the end I'm sure has been covered here before.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your opinions on it?  I've read that it's a Yeti, one of the victims, one of the hikers from the other expedition also hiking at the same time, a CIA agent, a KGB agent, a lost hunter, a crazed lunatic, etc.  The figure looks human as far as I can tell.  If it was one of the 9 hikers, I would think that would be a strange photo to take.  What would be the point of it?  Can't rule it out but seems unlikely.  Any thoughts?

Well there has been a lot of discussion in this Forum about the unknown figure that you refer to.
DB

April 19, 2021, 12:03:34 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

Rubbish
DB

April 19, 2021, 12:27:05 PM
Reply #6

Dona

Rubbish

See the pictures he was taking..

Are you drunk posting or something?

May 04, 2021, 08:12:24 PM
Reply #7

salvaje20

Yes I agree with Dona.

To explain more, if you look here you can see the photos he took in order. The figure, as much as it's possible to make any statement about such an out of focus photo, seems to be wearing trousers and outerwear of similar tones to Tibo in the previous photos. And the setting also seems similar.

So, this is the most logical explanation.

If you look at his other photos, some of them are also out of focus and some seem to lack any subject at all so the "mystery man" one is not that out of the ordinary in this sense...

Also, welcome to the Forum, Salvaje!

Thank you!

May 04, 2021, 08:14:44 PM
Reply #8

salvaje20

Welcome to the forum.
Here is my opinion: https://dyatlovpass.com/theories#yeti

You have to look at the photo together with the previous frames: https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-thibeaux-brignolle
Tibo is playing fool in the snow, then goes to pee and someone not adjusting the focus snaps a photo of him. See the trail leading from the photographer to the creature? This is Tibo's track going into the woods to pee.

This is Nikolay Thibeaux-Brignolle (Tibo)

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

May 11, 2021, 02:59:53 PM
Reply #9

eurocentric

IMO it isn't Tibo, it's Yuri K.

The reason is Yuri wore a silver badge above his left breast coat pocket, and that is there glinting in all enhanced passes of the photo.

Yeti Yuri would appear to be minus his trousers, no doubt after toileting. You can make out the outline of the black satin underpants they had. Compare that with the trousers in the group photo.

Perhaps here, following Yuri taking a sequence of photo's of a hapless Tibo when he had fallen over, using Tibo's own camera against him, a waiting Tibo is later getting his own back by capturing the return of the Semi-Naked Wild Man Of The Urals.

They swapped cameras on another occasion, to take photo's of each other at another location.

Film 1/Frame 4/Yuri K's camera - a photo taken of Yuri K by Tibo

At the same location, Film 3/Frame 4/Tibo's camera - a photo taken of Tibo by Yuri K

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 04:07:41 PM by eurocentric »

May 19, 2021, 04:13:52 AM
Reply #10

sarapuk

Rubbish

See the pictures he was taking..

Are you drunk posting or something?

I dont drink alcohol. Whats your excuse for posting rubbish.
DB

January 05, 2022, 04:54:55 PM
Reply #11

ElizabethHarris

The strangest thing about that photograph is the arm. It is a weird shape and the angle is odd. It's almost as if it's too long for the body and it's turned backwards in an awkward manner to grasp the tree. If it wasn't for that, I would be certain it was just a hiker. That arm is just bizarre.

January 05, 2022, 09:10:51 PM
Reply #12

Ziljoe

The strangest thing about that photograph is the arm. It is a weird shape and the angle is odd. It's almost as if it's too long for the body and it's turned backwards in an awkward manner to grasp the tree. If it wasn't for that, I would be certain it was just a hiker. That arm is just bizarre.

What do you think it is if it's not a hiker?

January 06, 2022, 04:05:22 AM
Reply #13

ElizabethHarris

I think the Yeti theory is ridiculous but I can see why ppl think it could be something 'paranormal.'' The arm is in a strange position but I still don't think it's a Yeti/Menk.

January 06, 2022, 01:39:52 PM
Reply #14

Ziljoe

I think the Yeti theory is ridiculous but I can see why ppl think it could be something 'paranormal.'' The arm is in a strange position but I still don't think it's a Yeti/Menk.

Its because it's out of focus. Looks like one of the hikers and human to me. Could be argued that it's another person not with the group but the clothing/ shape is consistent with what they were wearing.

January 06, 2022, 05:52:36 PM
Reply #15

marieuk

Maybe they're holding something in their hand,which makes the arm look too long/weird? 

January 07, 2022, 05:21:12 AM
Reply #16

ElizabethHarris

The ghost story/cryptid loving/paranormal-seeking side of me would like to believe it's a Yeti. But the logical part of my brain says that it's a hiker.

January 09, 2022, 04:51:51 PM
Reply #17

sarapuk

The arms do long long and thin in relation to the rest of the body, irrespective of if its an out of focus photo or not.
DB

February 06, 2022, 06:19:27 PM
Reply #18

NightLurker

All "Squatches" have longer arms. To the knee area. It's not shown here but they also have a 73 degree "shin lift". When walking, the leg actually bends at a 73 degree angle. Humans don't walk that way normally.

February 06, 2022, 11:15:52 PM
Reply #19

Manti

So is this proof that the "Menk" photo is not a squatch?

February 13, 2022, 02:10:41 PM
Reply #20

sarapuk

All "Squatches" have longer arms. To the knee area. It's not shown here but they also have a 73 degree "shin lift". When walking, the leg actually bends at a 73 degree angle. Humans don't walk that way normally.

But the figure alleged to be a big foot is walking in snow. If you walk in snow you tend to pull your leg up more, hence higher degree.
DB

November 05, 2022, 02:57:18 PM
Reply #21

Ehtnisba

The arms do long long and thin in relation to the rest of the body, irrespective of if its an out of focus photo or not.

Low speed on cammera shutter and moving object makes thing thinner. It is to hard to upload pics here to show you what I have managed to create (pretty much this infamous pic dublicates). I do love making such "creatures" with my manually adjuested camera and can see the "beast" look of the walking person here but it is all this "a look". Cameras do a lot more magical stuff involunterily too.
Homo homini lupus est!

April 13, 2023, 05:32:09 PM
Reply #22

sarapuk

Low speed on cammera shutter and moving object makes thing thinner. It is to hard to upload pics here to show you what I have managed to create (pretty much this infamous pic dublicates). I do love making such "creatures" with my manually adjuested camera and can see the "beast" look of the walking person here but it is all this "a look". Cameras do a lot more magical stuff involunterily too.

The Russian cameras were fairly standard nothing elaborate. No computers in those days to play around with the photos.
DB